News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

UniLink Enviro400's

Started by John, September 20, 2012, 03:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Have any of the new Enviro400's bound for Leamington been in service yet?

I guess that these may withdraw the Olympians for disposal and maybe the lone Trident in UniLink livery, 17059 may get repainted and kept with Leamington, to replace another step floor DD.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 20, 2012, 03:34:59 PM
Have any of the new Enviro400's bound for Leamington been in service yet?

I guess that these may withdraw the Olympians for disposal and maybe the lone Trident in UniLink livery, 17059 may get repainted and kept with Leamington, to replace another step floor DD.

I believe they have not yet entered service at Leamington (although they spent the summer on Olympics duty).  It looks like they may enter service around the end of the month.  I guess you're probably right about replacing Olympians - there won't be many left in Warwickshire when the Enviros enter service.  It looks like only Stratford depot will still be using Olympians on all-day duties.

Tony

I have just had my 4 weekly update from Stagecoach, I will put full details on the main site tomorrow when I have gone through them, but the E400s are due to enter service on 30th September.
Single decks 28625-7 are in service at Northampton and 28621-4 are due to enter service there on 14th October 2012
16458 (RY) & 16618 (LN) have both died

Justin Tyme

I had a couple of rides on the U17 today between Coventry and the Uni, and saw most (but not all) vehicles on it today.  None were the new ADL Enviro 400s, so perhaps they haven't entered service just yet.

For the record, I saw Tridents 17059, 18399-401, and a Scania Enviro 400 (15676 I think).

Tony

All but one are out on the U1 today, photos later

JoNi

Unidentified Unilink liveried Enviro seen working 09:45 journey on route 16 from Coventry to Leamington Spa this morning on a service that is usually worked by Stratford garage.

tank90

They sometimes work the 26 as well :/
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tomjusttom

Saw 2 on the 26 both a hour apart leaving Redditch

Tony

Quote from: Tomjusttom on December 28, 2012, 06:43:09 PM
Saw 2 on the 26 both a hour apart learning Redditch

Your/You're? .... Learning/leaving?  - glass houses?

Tomjusttom

Sorry I use my phone as a dictation device sometimes

Justin Tyme

Not sure about the 0945 from Coventry, but Leamington do have scheduled workings on the 16 and the 26.  Also, as Stratford has a small allocation, Leamington will lend buses to Stratford if required (although as Stratford has no ADL Enviros, they are probably less likely to be borrowed from LN).

JoNi

Two Unilink Enviros on X15/X18 today which could be Leamington workings. Another was on the 67 to Lillington when I was in Leamington Spa this evening. The U1/U2 is much reduced in the holiday period running only every half hour on Saturdays meaning there are plenty spare. At least they are getting about rather than just zooming up and down the A46 between Sydenham and the Uni!

Justin Tyme

Quote from: JoNi on December 29, 2012, 09:38:06 PM
Two Unilink Enviros on X15/X18 today which could be Leamington workings. Another was on the 67 to Lillington when I was in Leamington Spa this evening. The U1/U2 is much reduced in the holiday period running only every half hour on Saturdays meaning there are plenty spare. At least they are getting about rather than just zooming up and down the A46 between Sydenham and the Uni!
When I was last in Leamington, on a Saturday afternoon in November, a Unibus Enviro was on the X18.  The Unibus requirement is lower on a Saturday (max 5) than on any other day of the week - even Sundays, because that is when the U17 runs to Coventry.

jc

17059 is operating from Stratford Upon Avon today and so should be on its former branded route, the 28.

JoNi

The Unilink Enviros have been named after professors. Appreciate this may have been posted elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk