News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Potteries Double Deckers

Started by Bob, September 16, 2012, 12:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I wish theyd put some on the stafford service :)

Ashley 4566

Newcastle dont run the 101 though, Adderley Green do, even though it should have deckers

Bob

Ahhh bugger. Adderley green dont have any do they

Ashley 4566

Nope, all they have are scania beasts, shit scanias, solos and dart sheds

Tony

Gold service?
http://wmbusphotos.com/FirstPotteries/34311.html

'L' reg Olympians might be quality to enthusiasts, but hardly match First's Gold service criteria, suprised they programmed the GOLD SERVICE into the destinations on olympians.

sconehead85

Any news on the Leyland Olympians and Volvo Citybus 38125, which may now be the last closed top one with First given the demise of Northampton depot.

sconehead85

Ashley

Think there are a few closed top citybuses still knocking about in devon and cornwall but 34125 is still in service. Didn't see any olympians for the first time on monday morning. Think there are a leyland trio in Newcastle depot withdrawn or may be scrapped by now

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on January 02, 2014, 08:20:28 PM
Think there are a few closed top citybuses still knocking about in devon and cornwall but 34125 is still in service. Didn't see any olympians for the first time on monday morning. Think there are a leyland trio in Newcastle depot withdrawn or may be scrapped by now

There hasn't been any closed to Citybuses in Devon & Cornwall for a long time. The only Citybus in service is 38125 at Potteries, there are three more in store at Northampton, and 6 open-top in reserve at Devon & Cornwall

As for Leyland Olympians 30031 & 30033 are still in service at Potteries, 30038 is withdrawn
34615 & 34629 are still in service, closed top at Cambourne with open-top 34626 in reserve

30722 (B46PJA) is still listed as owned for special purposes at Halifax

Ashley

I thought the list I had was too good to be true given its now january 2014

Cheese

Citybus 38125 was in Crewe bus station today around 15:55, don't know if it was in service or not as I only saw it from a distance, when looking out of the window of the adjacent Cheshire East Council building.

mikestone

Two Potteries deckers seem to arrive around that time on a Sandbach schools and go away empty.

Ashley

I take back any previous comments about Potteries deckers being only for schools. Got a message via Yahoo today saying 30029 34285 and 34288 were on 25's today

Ashley

32054 has transferred from Leicester to Newcastle

Bob

Is it intended for normal service? Surely they won't want a 14 yr old bus on the 25, an alleged gold service?  Lol

Ashley

Well it's been noted on the 25/A today along with 30033 and 34286

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk