News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

3603 back on 70's this morning :'( and 2264/2284 both out on 33's today

covlad27

Ive worked out that Cannock need 52 buses now with the take over of the 62 15 and the 23 this could explain the recent arrival of more MPD as I think Cannock only ever had 50 buses before I could be wrong

Bob

Is that including spares

tphi12000

2351 was first up on the 62 this morning now that its a cannock route.
Tony

tphi12000

2268 was out on the 70 think this has been missing for a while ?
Tony

Bob

Looks like the EJZ registered ALX Dart has moved from Cannock to stafford. ...

arrivaaston

Good riddance although probs wasted at cannock and 3608/3612 on 62 today

covlad27

2976 on pye green today

Bob

Versa at cannock? Must be on loan or there for remedial work

arrivaaston

A versa at cannock? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Awful buses !!

bwsau cymru

Quote from: arrivaaston on May 01, 2013, 09:33:39 AM

There is nothing wrong with them! they are great looking buses have a great comfortable interior too! only bad ones are the MAN engine ones as shrewsbury which are very slow otherwise a great bus which I really like! personally I honestly preper them to enviro 200 or mcv evoulution. Actually would go as far as even saying I think they are the best midi bus currently in production (cant include the new streetlite as I haven't managed to go on one)!
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on May 01, 2013, 07:34:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with them! they are great looking buses have a great comfortable interior too! only bad ones are the MAN engine ones as shrewsbury which are very slow otherwise a great bus which I really like! personally I honestly preper them to enviro 200 or mcv evoulution. Actually would go as far as even saying I think they are the best midi bus currently in production (cant include the new streetlite as I haven't managed to go on one)!

I beg to disagree. Ask an engineer and they will say they are badly built, unreliable and cheap and nasty. What people want in a midibus is practicality and reliability and the enviro 200 provides it all in its current format. Yes, before the interior was sterile to say the least but now its amazing indeed making NCT take them instead of optares

Bob

Are versas really that bad then?

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Peter123 on May 01, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

I beg to disagree. Ask an engineer and they will say they are badly built, unreliable and cheap and nasty. What people want in a midibus is practicality and reliability and the enviro 200 provides it all in its current format. Yes, before the interior was sterile to say the least but now its amazing indeed making NCT take them instead of optares

As I have said in previous posts about the versa being cheap is a good thing for the passenger. I know arrivas recently had some down south and they worked out at £128,000 which is amazing value compared to extremely well built quality full size vehicle at a much bigger price of £180,000.
Firstly optare are british built which means british jobs and secondly from a passengers point of you I would rather have 20 new cheap optares rather than say 10 exspensive adl/Mercedes type buses. More new buses the better I say where the exception for me personally is I don't want to see cheap foreign buses like mcv and king long coming into the uk market.

And may upset some people but passenger I would say are more important than the engineer because they are on the bus all the time where the engineers are just fixing it. Plus if they are that bad it gives the engineers more work which will surely mean more jobs created due to the increased work load!

I know optare are hated by many people on here but I honestly really rate them and I know the views of many other people is that Cannock is a dreadful depot for bus quality so any reasonable new bus is surely good new for the depot!
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on May 01, 2013, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on May 01, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

As I have said in previous posts about the versa being cheap is a good thing for the passenger. I know arrivas recently had some down south and they worked out at £128,000 which is amazing value compared to extremely well built quality full size vehicle at a much bigger price of £180,000.
Firstly optare are british built which means british jobs and secondly from a passengers point of you I would rather have 20 new cheap optares rather than say 10 exspensive adl/Mercedes type buses. More new buses the better I say where the exception for me personally is I don't want to see cheap foreign buses like mcv and king long coming into the uk market.

And may upset some people but passenger I would say are more important than the engineer because they are on the bus all the time where the engineers are just fixing it. Plus if they are that bad it gives the engineers more work which will surely mean more jobs created due to the increased work load!

I know optare are hated by many people on here but I honestly really rate them and I know the views of many other people is that Cannock is a dreadful depot for bus quality so any reasonable new bus is surely good new for the depot!

Danny,

Optare products aren't actually that cheap, the Versa is also classed as a midibus and is competitor to the Enviro 200 not full size single deckers

Based on the Arriva announcements below:

Versa = £120k each
Mercedes Citaro = £144k each
Volvo B7RLE = £154k each

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/new-buses-for-maidstone-333/
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/arriva-invests-in-new-buses-for-maidstone/
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=19839

New diesel double deckers are more around the £180k price each not single deckers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk