News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Give it 12 months, theyll realise theyve got no chance against nxwm and itll go same way chase did

Discodave

We will see if thats the case we could do with a bigger yard and not sharing K transports will keep a close watch.  That bit across the road would do great fuel facitlies and a place to put an adblue pump save us using fuel cards.

Bob

I was just thinking, say if they do want to expand, what sort of new routes could be created? And what routes could they compete with NXWM on? And would NXWM retaliate by competing on Arriva services?

Discodave

Quote from: bob on February 17, 2013, 02:20:33 PM
I was just thinking, say if they do want to expand, what sort of new routes could be created? And what routes could they compete with NXWM on? And would NXWM retaliate by competing on Arriva services?

I would say some stuff in wolverhampton (being close to depot) but it depends on getting stand slots for any frequent route as the main failure with diamond on the 59 was it did not go to the station but who knows.  NXWM may retaliate but looking at any Cannock service even the Walsall-Cannock they would not.  It may have made money years ago but not now and it was not just because of vehicle quality.  Maybe other areas like Telford or Tamworth.

Bob

I dunno, i reckon theyd do alright competing on the 1 to Walsall? Prob finish arriva off on it? The 2's a different matter its not that popular. Theyd probably do ok competing on the 70 as well? Imagine if they went back to their old haunts on Pye Greens lol

SMK

Quote from: Discodave on February 17, 2013, 09:30:20 PM
Quote from: bob on February 17, 2013, 02:20:33 PM

I would say some stuff in wolverhampton (being close to depot) but it depends on getting stand slots for any frequent route as the main failure with diamond on the 59 was it did not go to the station but who knows.
Initially Diamond's 59 did go into the bus station, though most people tended to pile onto NXWM's.
I'm guessing one of the reasons they pulled out of there to terminate on Queen Street instead was to attract more passengers, due to it being closer to the shops.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

mranon

diamond failed on the 59 simple. the bus station has nothing to do with it, as they dropped off very close to it. at first they tryed to wow people by putting their best vehicles on there. as soon as they got established, they sent all the tat over and were breaking down alot. going around the hospital didnt even work, as it quite often got delayed

Discodave

Quote from: bob on February 17, 2013, 10:37:47 PM
I dunno, i reckon theyd do alright competing on the 1 to Walsall? Prob finish arriva off on it? The 2's a different matter its not that popular. Theyd probably do ok competing on the 70 as well? Imagine if they went back to their old haunts on Pye Greens lol

Going on that will have to confirm it there may be changes on the 2 contract is up for tender and there are more than one big boy bidder will double check it source not always fully correct.

Bob

Do you mean just evenings and weekends on the 2?

Bob

Cause the daytime is commercial isnt it? Wonder who would be doing the bidding, very much doubt nxwm would be arsed with the route

Westy

Quote from: bob on February 18, 2013, 07:51:16 PM
Cause the daytime is commercial isnt it? Wonder who would be doing the bidding, very much doubt nxwm would be arsed with the route

There seems to be a lack of choice on the contracts for evenings & Sunday in Walsall at the mo.

The only route ISTR NX won a contract for, was the 7 to Aldridge, any other contracts I can think of are either Arriva or Diamond operated.

What are the current evening & Sunday contracts in Walsall? I can think of the 2, the 7, the 41, the 335.

Anything else is NX and commercial otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 18, 2013, 08:38:04 PM
Quote from: bob on February 18, 2013, 07:51:16 PM

There seems to be a lack of choice on the contracts for evenings & Sunday in Walsall at the mo.

The only route ISTR NX won a contract for, was the 7 to Aldridge, any other contracts I can think of are either Arriva or Diamond operated.

What are the current evening & Sunday contracts in Walsall? I can think of the 2, the 7, the 41, the 335.

Anything else is NX and commercial otherwise.

NXs most recent win within the borough of Walsall was the 935A, won off Diamond as the 56A

Bob

Do you think NX would bid for the 2 Tony?

Tony

Quote from: bob on February 18, 2013, 09:11:31 PM
Do you think NX would bid for the 2 Tony?

NX put in bids for most tenders, but unless someone can come up with something imaginative like they did with the 935A and interworking it with 51/X51s they tend to be much more expensive than the likes of Diamond/Midland-Arriva etc.

Most of NXs wins are extensions of their current commercial services, either timewise, a couple of extra trips either end of the timetable where all it costs is driver/fuels but other operators would have to send an extra bus out of garage, or extension to the route like the 46 extension to Six Ways where it only costs one bus whereas a seperate route like Centro put the tender out for would have needed two

Bob

Yes, i see what you mean, i just meant I cant see them giving two hoots about even bothering to bid for something like the 2 or any Cannock bound services, as theyve got no interest in it whatsoever nowadays? Im waiting for the north bham review, i think the cannock peak extensions on the X51 are going to go

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk