News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Again Cannock isnt Walsall/wolves/brum there isnt the same number of passengers! So Tony, say if they ran the X31 every ten minutes would it have made money? Or if they up the frequency of the 2/2a to walsall to every 15 minutes would passenger numbers increase?? I doubt it!

arrivaaston

agreed the mpd's at Cannock would be ideal but sometimes i wonder why they run every 12 minutes, theamount of times they come in Cannock on top ofeach other, it is stupid, i think its stupid how the 26 is replaced with 2 on a sunday every hour but the 25 is replaced by 70 every 2 hours, i assume this is to do with the councils?

Discodave

Quote from: arrivaaston on February 04, 2013, 12:51:14 PM
agreed the mpd's at Cannock would be ideal but sometimes i wonder why they run every 12 minutes, theamount of times they come in Cannock on top ofeach other, it is stupid, i think its stupid how the 26 is replaced with 2 on a sunday every hour but the 25 is replaced by 70 every 2 hours, i assume this is to do with the councils?

Yes it is I suggested when I was a driver to run pye greens on a sunday day and evening.  They did during the day once but went due to lack of patronage ironically everyone either went on the 351 at the time or the 870 was a victim of bad publicity an hourly or is it half hourly 25/6 run Mon to Sat day and evening.  If they ran Sunday it would get rid of the extentions and make a bit more sense knowing the pye greens are a 7 day service.

arrivaaston

2289 BU51KWJ anybody saw any sightings of this? I've not seen it out this week

Bob

Just noticed the other day the list of routes displayed at cannock bus stn by the steps still has service X60 & X31 on it!! Confusing for passengers! I think it has the 72 Telford route still on as well! Sort it out Arriva

Discodave

Quote from: bob on February 10, 2013, 09:47:16 AM
Just noticed the other day the list of routes displayed at cannock bus stn by the steps still has service X60 & X31 on it!! Confusing for passengers! I think it has the 72 Telford route still on as well! Sort it out Arriva

I will message the one of my FB friends he is the timetable/publicity man he will check it out why it has not been changed.  Maybe a more up to date one will come when eventually the wednesfield stuff is intergrated when Arriva tickets are accepted.

Bob

Why is Cannocks fleet so bad compared to other depots? all bar one of telfords sb120 03 plates been refurbed where only one of cannocks has most 52 plate sb200s have been done none of cannocks have, one of them sounds knackered one has had a blank panel stuck on leaving only half the chasrlinx branding on leaving it looking a complete mess the 53 plate mpds are awful interior wise, etc etc its like cannocks the poor relation!

Discodave

I would love to give an honest answer but may get sued or slagged off for telling the truth from an ex drivers point of view and a passengers as most think the sun shines out of Cannocks fleets arse it does not  it might look good on the outside but not mechanically or with some internally.

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on February 16, 2013, 10:43:12 AM
Why is Cannocks fleet so bad compared to other depots? all bar one of telfords sb120 03 plates been refurbed where only one of cannocks has most 52 plate sb200s have been done none of cannocks have, one of them sounds knackered one has had a blank panel stuck on leaving only half the chasrlinx branding on leaving it looking a complete mess the 53 plate mpds are awful interior wise, etc etc its like cannocks the poor relation!
Would that refurbed 03-plate SB120 be BU03 HRF (2733), may I ask? By the way, the interior and the displays have been refurbed, but not the exterior - that's still in the old Arriva livery.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Cannocks sole refurbed one is bu03 HRD and its still in the old colours also

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on February 16, 2013, 01:46:39 PM
Cannocks sole refurbed one is bu03 HRD and its still in the old colours also
Sorry, I meant is the one not refurbed BU03 HRF? I'd hate to have Cannock's bus services, but Telford are bad enough. A elderly lady was waiting at the bus stop, and she did not board the bus still about 1 hours 15 mins later. That's 4 or 5 buses that haven't turned up.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Tony

All the wondering what buses/routes were going to be moved into Cannock & Tamworth garages a couple of months ago when the number of authorised vehicles was increased to 95 and 50 respectively has been solved!

Arriva have now decreased both again, Cannock down from 95 to 60 and Tamworth down from 50 to 39. They have now added Wednesfield with a VA of 61 which is about the current allocation, so not much expansion expected in the near future!

andy

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
All the wondering what buses/routes were going to be moved into Cannock & Tamworth garages a couple of months ago when the number of authorised vehicles was increased to 95 and 50 respectively has been solved!

Arriva have now decreased both again, Cannock down from 95 to 60 and Tamworth down from 50 to 39. They have now added Wednesfield with a VA of 61 which is about the current allocation, so not much expansion expected in the near future!

We can only assume that at one point there was an option to close Wednesfield upon the takeover and transfer the workings elsewhere and they were keeping that option open, possibly before they had detailed knowledge of the facilities at Wednesfield and the relevant contract obligations in place.

But I'm pretty sure that Tamworth's allocation is currently 42? Why would they be reducing it? Prior to the change to 50 they were licensed for 45 and due to the acquisition of the 112 they gained 3 vehicles. What is changing?

Also I note that frequencies are being reduced again in Stafford.

winston

Quote from: andy on February 16, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2013, 06:38:50 PM

We can only assume that at one point there was an option to close Wednesfield upon the takeover and transfer the workings elsewhere and they were keeping that option open, possibly before they had detailed knowledge of the facilities at Wednesfield and the relevant contract obligations in place.

But I'm pretty sure that Tamworth's allocation is currently 42? Why would they be reducing it? Prior to the change to 50 they were licensed for 45 and due to the acquisition of the 112 they gained 3 vehicles. What is changing?

Also I note that frequencies are being reduced again in Stafford.

I'm sure I came across some route / timetable changes on VOSA for Tamworth routes approx a week ago

Bob

Of course there wont be any expansion! Its Midland theyve took over lol, what do you expect? Itll just be a garage operating arriva clapped out mpd's to replace midlands knackered buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk