News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

York Pullman acquisition.

Started by tank90, January 28, 2024, 04:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Reports are that First have acquired York Pullman and plan to run it as they do Ensign as a standalone operation with in the First group family.

I know that acquiring a business is different to investing in a current asset but one would have thought that maybe loving a hub you already own and looking at how you could expand that rather than acquire a new business. But never mind Worcestershire has a county council who'd rather support the car than better public transport.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stu

Quote from: tank90 on January 28, 2024, 04:27:43 PMReports are that First have acquired York Pullman and plan to run it as they do Ensign as a standalone operation with in the First group family.
I know that acquiring a business is different to investing in a current asset but one would have thought that maybe loving a hub you already own and looking at how you could expand that rather than acquire a new business. But never mind Worcestershire has a county council who'd rather support the car than better public transport.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

First agrees to acquire York Pullman

In a surprise move, First Bus is to buy the York Pullman business as part of its drive to diversify its portfolio and expand its footprint in North Yorkshire
FirstGroup has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire the York Pullman business, which has operations in York and surrounding towns in North Yorkshire. It provides home-to-school and college contracted services and private hire operations including rail replacement services, and operates a small number of local bus routes on behalf of several local authorities, using a mixed fleet of more than 130 vehicles.
Managing Director Tom James will remain with the company as Managing Director and continue to run it on a standalone basis, as well as contributing to the development of the First Bus coach services growth strategy.

Read more: https://cbwmagazine.com/first-agrees-to-acquire-york-pullman/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk