News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Gold cup bus transport

Started by Sandy Lane, March 14, 2023, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Are there any West Mids operators involved in getting the punters from Cheltenham station to the race course this week?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 14, 2023, 09:34:54 AMAre there any West Mids operators involved in getting the punters from Cheltenham station to the race course this week?
Stagecoach West are coordinating the transport to and from the railway station so presumably Stagecoach in Warwickshire along with other Stagecoach companies will be involved.

markcf83

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 14, 2023, 11:38:09 AMStagecoach West are coordinating the transport to and from the railway station so presumably Stagecoach in Warwickshire along with other Stagecoach companies will be involved.
Based on what I remember from last year,many Stagecoach subsidiary companies in England,plus my local one South Wales,will be involved. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Rachvince53

That's what I was thinking, with possibly local hiring to cover any shortage from say Marchants.  

National Express Coaches are running additional services on the days of the rail strikes including Thursday 16th.

B61 ANDREW

There is a message on the members only part of the midlandred.net forum saying 80 d/d's are the PVR with 30 belonging to Stagecoach West and 50 from other Stagecoach fleets. Hope this is of interest to all.  

Sandy Lane

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 14, 2023, 02:40:18 PMThere is a message on the members only part of the midlandred.net forum saying 80 d/d's are the PVR with 30 belonging to Stagecoach West and 50 from other Stagecoach fleets. Hope this is of interest to all. 
Yes, thks for all the info. The 80 PVR shows it's a big op!

B61 ANDREW

Check www.oxford-chiltern-bus-page.co.uk for a list of Stagecoach buses at The Gold Cup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk