News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

cyclist knocked down by olympic shuttle bus

Started by Trident 4609, August 03, 2012, 05:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Did anyne hear about the olympic cyclist who got knocked down by an olympic shuttle bus a few days ago. The driver got arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and bailed.

What type of bus was it?

was it one of the NXWM or other buses that have came from other companys or was it a First Games Travel bus

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 03, 2012, 05:23:41 PM
Did anyne hear about the olympic cyclist who got knocked down by an olympic shuttle bus a few days ago. The driver got arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and bailed.

What type of bus was it?

was it one of the NXWM or other buses that have came from other companys or was it a First Games Travel bus

Actually i have just seen a picture of the bus. It is a stagecoach Enviro 400

JackC

Saw this on Sky News when it was first breaking news. In my opinion, it's more than likely the cyclist's fault than the driver's but who knows. R.I.P to the poor chap nonetheless.

Discodave

Lets hope justice if fair as usually most things of this sort its the driver is guilty just that he is a professional driver the courts look at this and nothing else traffic law is an ass as the cyclist behaviour will not be taken into account I have seen dire cyclists on the road and poorly educated as they take risks all the time a classic one is when you are turning left them riding on the inside how can you avoid them whilst turning but if you hit them you would be blaimed as your a professional driver the word is abused, anyone with a valid driving licence is a driver only because you are paid your "professional" will check the dictionary for the full meaning it bad what has happened but lets hope justice and the investigation is fair as many people think bus drivers are the spawn of satan as most people whom post are connected to the industry know we are trained well and accidents do happen I feel for both the driver and the cyclist but as usual the press never gives an unbiased view (remember what Jeremy Clarkson said about bus drivers)

PM

Discodave

do not think its law unless it has changed so would not make a difference

PM

Yes, legally it wouldnt make a difference but if you choose to ride without a helmet you increase the chance of being killed as Bradley Wiggins said afterwards. it should be a legal requirement in my view

Discodave

I have to on a motorbike so yes it should be law on a bicycle only difference is the speed but you can still be mashed up regardless

j_rp_wright

I've been doing a shuttle service from Shrewsbury, Telford to the olympic park on behalf of First bus, the roads down there are so different and cyclists are everywhere overtaking and undertaking!! You really have to be on the watch out driving a bus in London!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk