News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Transfers

Started by PM, July 31, 2012, 01:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Whats happening to buses 30000 onwards that operate the Portway park and ride-hasnt the contract finished. Just thinking these buses could come to diamond?? and were 30501 to 30507 new to diamond?? BX58 APK/F/OY/OW/OV/OU/ON as reg's

Ash

Yes i believe they were new to black diamond would be great to see them return and use to upgrade certain services such as the 16/301 and 404E.

PM

Totally agree with you. Shame they were transferred away in the first place!! If they dont need the park and ride ones tho Id settle for them refurbed on the 301 etc

Roy

Some, if not all, of the batch 30000 to 30006 have been repainted into standard Wessex livery and are in use on South Gloucestershire Council tendered services, or on the UWE bus network (routes U1 to U5).  30501-30507 are still in Wessex UWE livery and operate some of the UWE bus routes.  It would seem that 30000 to 30006 (plus a batch of nine E200's - 21512 to 21520) have replaced elderly Darts on tendered services in the Bristol area and it is these that have come to Diamond.

PM

Thanks for the info Roy-didnt know theyd been repainted in Wessex livery-shame that diamond is the dumping ground for all the old buses!!

Roy

I've just emailed a friend in Bristol and he has told me that only one or two have been repainted.  The others are still in green but with their Park + Ride branding removed.  They are in use across Wessex's operation - South Gloucestershire tendered routes, UWE services and Royal Bath services.

PM

Cheers Roy-I dont get to Bristol often so cheers for info!! Hoped they were destined for diamond tho!!

Discodave

seen the ex diamond buses in bath too on the U18 always seem to have good loadings so won't be going anywhere in a hurry wessex connect do well and like red diamond have all the good buses and the crap to the midlands

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk