News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

N BUS Ticket extension?

Started by Bob, July 28, 2012, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Discodave

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 02, 2012, 08:12:02 PM
thanks for this information
though I have a nnetwork if i use it on service 70 the arriva driver generally does not care and allows the ticket to travel full route to Cannock or Wolverhampton
Route 68 however only from essignton it is valid
Seems that nNetwork has a wider boundary than nBus but the info in the post makes me reconsider whether cheaper to get a nBus or nNetwork
N network and N bus have same boundry rules you can buy and add on like tony said for the n network ticket for train only here is the rules from NWM site
*Valid on standard class rail services (within the specified rail zone) and bus services in the West Midlands county and the specified areas run by operators in the Centrocard Scheme and the Metro. Time restrictions may apply to some tickets please check the Terms and Conditions of the ticket for full details

you were able to use your ticket in Essington as it was one of the specified areas just like Wombourne, Swindon and Perton its just how it is with regards to the 70 the driver is a dick and needs to do there job right

vinh1000

Quote from: Discodave on August 03, 2012, 12:22:35 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on August 02, 2012, 08:12:02 PM
thanks for this information
though I have a nnetwork if i use it on service 70 the arriva driver generally does not care and allows the ticket to travel full route to Cannock or Wolverhampton
Route 68 however only from essignton it is valid
Seems that nNetwork has a wider boundary than nBus but the info in the post makes me reconsider whether cheaper to get a nBus or nNetwork
N network and N bus have same boundry rules you can buy and add on like tony said for the n network ticket for train only here is the rules from NWM site
*Valid on standard class rail services (within the specified rail zone) and bus services in the West Midlands county and the specified areas run by operators in the Centrocard Scheme and the Metro. Time restrictions may apply to some tickets please check the Terms and Conditions of the ticket for full details

you were able to use your ticket in Essington as it was one of the specified areas just like Wombourne, Swindon and Perton its just how it is with regards to the 70 the driver is a dick and needs to do there job right
Thanks for the clarification
Though Essington isn't specified
Tickets also cover bus services to and from the following areas outside of the Network West Midlands area: Baginton, Bilbrook, Codsall, Himley, Hollywood, Gannow, Keresley, Kinver, Little Aston, Pattingham, Perton, Rubery, Swindon, Wombourne and Wythall. (this is on the nNetwork page and not on nBus)

Probably paying that extra for the nNetwork to use the areas outside the nBus area
Arriva drivers ive noticed don't ever pay attention and wish they did their job better
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

Why cant they include cannock? its no further out of the boundary than bloody kinver!

Discodave

Must be politics I know Cannock used to have NXWM going there but the rules were the same or Nbus users but NXWM never bothered with them as always had problems on 1 due to this.  There must be some agreement between Centro and the Parish/county councils for them areas nver understood why some areas just over the border you can use a Nbus pass and others its no can tony help being a revenue inspector

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on August 04, 2012, 08:41:38 PM
Must be politics I know Cannock used to have NXWM going there but the rules were the same or Nbus users but NXWM never bothered with them as always had problems on 1 due to this.  There must be some agreement between Centro and the Parish/county councils for them areas nver understood why some areas just over the border you can use a Nbus pass and others its no can tony help being a revenue inspector

nBus has no exceptions at all (unless operators put them on unofficially). nNetwork is basically every where the PTE used to run except Cannock/Burntwood/Lichfield area

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2012, 10:08:16 PM

nBus has no exceptions at all (unless operators put them on unofficially). nNetwork is basically every where the PTE used to run except Cannock/Burntwood/Lichfield area
mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks
Shame though everywhere I go RPI always on the case blaming my ticket is invalid lol  :'( (the amount of times those £25 standard fare penaltys have been issued :P)

Manual:

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 04, 2012, 10:43:34 PM

mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks
Shame though everywhere I go RPI always on the case blaming my ticket is invalid lol  :'( (the amount of times those £25 standard fare penaltys have been issued :P)

I don't think so! As I can only ever remember the NXWM RPIs being outside the nNetwork area once (Kenilworth) I am fairly certain that not a single £25 penalty fare has been issued for an out of area nNetwork ticket. Only NXWM RPIs issue £25 penalties so you must be referring to them!

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2012, 08:43:51 AM

mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks

I don't think so! As I can only ever remember the NXWM RPIs being outside the nNetwork area once (Kenilworth) I am fairly certain that not a single £25 penalty fare has been issued for an out of area nNetwork ticket. Only NXWM RPIs issue £25 penalties so you must be referring to them!
Yes I am referring to NXWM RPI's which issue them in the region constantly  :'(

Manual:

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 05, 2012, 09:12:03 AM

mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks

For what? only to people who do not have valid tickets. If you have had a SFC it is certainly not because you had a valid nNetwork or nBus ticket.

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks

For what? only to people who do not have valid tickets. If you have had a SFC it is certainly not because you had a valid nNetwork or nBus ticket.

NXWM seem to think a plastic version of the nNetwork is not valid but Centro deem it valid but because Centro have so many ticket types and they can only show a certain amount of ticket type picture at garages, it seems new to them hence :(

Manual:

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 06, 2012, 05:06:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

mmm interesting that
Good to know - thanks

NXWM seem to think a plastic version of the nNetwork is not valid but Centro deem it valid but because Centro have so many ticket types and they can only show a certain amount of ticket type picture at garages, it seems new to them hence :(

You may have been challenged on it, there are very few of them exist, I don't know why more people don't convert to them as Centro replace lost ones. I think I see about one a month and I can understand drivers challenging and asking what it is, as you say it is not on the display Centro send to operators, but you have not been issued with a Standard Fare Charge by an RPI against it. All the RPIs always ring me to check if they see a ticket they are not sure of.

vinh1000

In most cases this is what they do they ring a senior to confirm and normally in my favour
Don't happen so much nowadays as it's on display at most depots now (the exception is WB)

Manual:

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 08, 2012, 06:36:09 PM
In most cases this is what they do they ring a senior to confirm and normally in my favour
Don't happen so much nowadays as it's on display at most depots now (the exception is WB)

'Normally in your favour' please tell me the time it wasn't, or even a date when an SFC for £25 has been issued in the past, I would be interested to check it on the system

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2012, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on August 08, 2012, 06:36:09 PM

'Normally in your favour' please tell me the time it wasn't, or even a date when an SFC for £25 has been issued in the past, I would be interested to check it on the system
It was removed as it was appealed to NXWM and removed so there wouldn't be a record
Couple of months back but a few inspectors know I'm regular so dont need to check the ticket when they do their checks

Manual:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk