News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Proposed NX takeover of Stagecoach

Started by RW, September 21, 2021, 09:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

Quote from: j789 on December 14, 2021, 08:53:31 PM
Possibly NX Cov could be merged with the Stagecoach area to become NX South Midlands.
yes and making all the coventry routes electric
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stevo

I wonder if the NXWM fleets will be renumbered into the Stagecoach series. Lots of work for Tony on this site if they do! 2201

Tony

Quote from: winston on December 15, 2021, 12:32:48 PM
I'm aware the new enlarged NX will become a Megabus Contractor to ComfortDelgro.

But unless the local bus services & assets are moved from MRS Limited to say WMT Ltd or a new holding company, they currently appear to be included in the sale too. There is also potential for CMA action over NXC & Stagecoach Wawickshire too.

No, they are not included in the sale, remember Midland Red (South) isn't just Warwickshire. It's Northampton, Bedford and Kettering as well. Only the Megabus support services provided by MRS are included

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 15, 2021, 02:04:23 PM
No, they are not included in the sale, remember Midland Red (South) isn't just Warwickshire. It's Northampton, Bedford and Kettering as well. Only the Megabus support services provided by MRS are included

Thanks for the confirmation, I didn't realise Northampton, Bedford & Kettering were under MRS Ltd too. I'll remove my posts & any replies to save any confusion.

markcf83

Quote from: winston on December 15, 2021, 02:19:51 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, I didn't realise Northampton, Bedford & Kettering were under MRS Ltd too. I'll remove my posts & any replies to save any confusion.

I thought Bedford was controlled from Cambridge.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: markcf83 on December 15, 2021, 11:08:39 PM
I thought Bedford was controlled from Cambridge.
Bedford is part of Stagecoach East, it moved in August 2010 when the rest of the United Counties was merged with Stagecoach Midland Red South to create Stagecoach Midlands, that is apart from Banbury which was moved to become part of Stagecoach Oxford, which has just been merged with Stagecoach West.

monkeyjoe

Has anyone read how long the probe will take. Remember the Asda / Sainsburys one taking some time.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 26, 2022, 05:07:16 PM
Has anyone read how long the probe will take. Remember the Asda / Sainsburys one taking some time.
I expect we are talking months rather than weeks.  As two parties are working on a merger taking place towards the end of this year, they have no doubt factored in this possibility, and (if the go-ahead is given) it may not blow the timescale off course.

DJ

There's no time scale for it currently, I was told it could be weeks, months, or even longer. We know as much as everyone else.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

tank90

But unlike the ASDA Sainsbury's merger this is very much different. This is in part due to the fact how the Bus sphere is changing with the franchising in some areas. The main difference is the fact there is only two conflicts NXC SMR and NX Coaches MegaBus. The other one which would have coursed a conflict was Sold off Dundee. Now yes I did say 2 but the CMA (or what ever they want to call themselves) may find NEATs and any other part of the NX operations as a conflict.

How ever to completely contradict my self it might not take as long as we think due to the fact that everything was passed ok in Redditch and Kidderminster for the FMR ops that were Sold to Rotala, due to Johnsons and Stagecoach running services in the area. And if I'm not mistaken Johnsons and Rotala run services in the NXC/SMR area too. So it shouldn't take as much time as thee failed ASDA Sainsbury's deal.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

monkeyjoe

Quote from: tank90 on January 26, 2022, 08:00:39 PM
But unlike the ASDA Sainsbury's merger this is very much different. This is in part due to the fact how the Bus sphere is changing with the franchising in some areas. The main difference is the fact there is only two conflicts NXC SMR and NX Coaches MegaBus. The other one which would have coursed a conflict was Sold off Dundee. Now yes I did say 2 but the CMA (or what ever they want to call themselves) may find NEATs and any other part of the NX operations as a conflict.

How ever to completely contradict my self it might not take as long as we think due to the fact that everything was passed ok in Redditch and Kidderminster for the FMR ops that were Sold to Rotala, due to Johnsons and Stagecoach running services in the area. And if I'm not mistaken Johnsons and Rotala run services in the NXC/SMR area too. So it shouldn't take as much time as thee failed ASDA Sainsbury's deal.

You say that, but now they Covid as an excuse to slow things down lol

Sandy Lane

Quote from: tank90 on January 26, 2022, 08:00:39 PMThe main difference is the fact there is only two conflicts NXC SMR and NX Coaches MegaBus.
For the NXC SMR conflict could we see some services being given to Rotala? In Coventry they lost the X30 and the 1 a while back.

j789

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 27, 2022, 06:18:34 PM
For the NXC SMR conflict could we see some services being given to Rotala? In Coventry they lost the X30 and the 1 a while back.

From a passenger point of view it would be far better allowing the merger of the Stagecoach Midland and NXCov fleets as this would provide a far more integrated network than is currently available. Having to give up some routes is completely nonsensical as it breaks up the network and will just create another small operator network that in this current day and age won't be financially viable long term.

I hope the monopoly people see sense in this situation and see the bigger picture of where bus travel is headed. It's not 1986 anymore.

Westy

Quote from: j789 on January 27, 2022, 06:28:45 PM
From a passenger point of view it would be far better allowing the merger of the Stagecoach Midland and NXCov fleets as this would provide a far more integrated network than is currently available. Having to give up some routes is completely nonsensical as it breaks up the network and will just create another small operator network that in this current day and age won't be financially viable long term.

I hope the monopoly people see sense in this situation and see the bigger picture of where bus travel is headed. It's not 1986 anymore.

Possible example might be Cannock?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk