News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2023, 08:00:53 AMYes, 6 out this morning
Really. There's 5 platinums on 51 plus a single decker from what I've seen and bus times only showing 1 hydrogen bus out. I'll keep a lookout for the other 5.

Tony

QuoteReally. There's 5 platinums on 51 plus a single decker from what I've seen and bus times only showing 1 hydrogen bus out. I'll keep a lookout for the other 5.
Well I saw 3 myself this morning

Busses_transport_

H1016 ,
The announcements on this bus are playing up it dosent show next stop and dosent announce it also instead in announces somthing weird somthing 1 just thought to put it on here so maybe it can be updated.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2023, 12:12:50 PMWell I saw 3 myself this morning
is there any truth to the rumour i heard at AG

NXWM are not going to continue with the Hydrogen Buses, when the current bunch are off lease they will not be replaced, Electric is the favored vehicle ??
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

EK40

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on April 17, 2023, 02:05:51 PMis there any truth to the rumour i heard at AG

NXWM are not going to continue with the Hydrogen Buses, when the current bunch are off lease they will not be replaced, Electric is the favored vehicle ??

considering theres already another 124 hydrogen buses on the way and systems undergoing upgrades in WA it would make not that much sense ditching them already, its more teething issues as most new technology getting introduced does.

cardew

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on April 17, 2023, 02:05:51 PMis there any truth to the rumour i heard at AG

I personally would not be surprised as the additional 124 are being part funded by government who could have stipulated timescales for them all to be delivered and in use.

Wolves256

I guess it will depend on the cost of the hydrogen?

suavegarv

Out of curiosity, is the Tyseley drogen facility used by other bus companies currently?

Tony

Quote from: suavegarv on May 04, 2023, 10:43:49 AMOut of curiosity, is the Tyseley drogen facility used by other bus companies currently?
It is used by Alexander Dennis to fuel their demonstrator, a couple of other Hydrogen companies who fill huge tankers there to take to their own sites and a few car drivers

suavegarv

Thanks for that. I saw an Arriva Merseyside Hydrogen bus (SK23 CMX) on a low loader midway along the Small Heath bypass this morning. It then turned right at the Golden Hillock Road island heading towards the Coventry Road (Asda island).

Straightlines

If true - Will be an absolute joke considering all the noise BCC made a few years ago about hydrogen and the Tyseley energy park.

Then again - Where is the infamous Sprint bus service that should be running cross Birmingham by now!?

mranon

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2023, 09:17:26 AMAlthough it seems noteworthy, full use of the Hydrogens starts today and they will be on all Birmingham routes. Should be 6 out every Sunday (more once they are cleared for the X51 between Walsall and Cannock after a low hanging tree is trimmed), and every fit one out on weekdays up to a maximum of 17
Has the fuelling situation been sorted now?

BK63 YWP

QuoteHas the fuelling situation been sorted now?
They now have a deal with hydrogen prices like they do for diesel 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: mranon on July 23, 2023, 07:29:03 PMHas the fuelling situation been sorted now?
It was sorted a few weeks back, but has had to wait for a timetable change so that the scheduling to Tyseley could be put into the running boards

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2023, 07:57:07 PMIt was sorted a few weeks back, but has had to wait for a timetable change so that the scheduling to Tyseley could be put into the running boards
I presume having on-site refuelling facilities at Walsall garage is still some way off happening?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk