News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Destination display on the 1 is no longer reading 'Fast To Walsall ' 'Fast To Cannock '.

BusMan Greg

60 is now standalone with the 74 interworking with the 826/828. Which will work better Imo

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 21, 2022, 11:36:50 AM
60 is now standalone with the 74 interworking with the 826/828. Which will work better Imo

Surprised with all the complaints they received over the years, Arriva didn't try that themselves?

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 21, 2022, 11:36:50 AM

Looks like the 60s now a solo haven. 3 of the 4 buses on there today are Solos

Vulcan

Solos on 60 surely that's asking for trouble IMO

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on February 21, 2022, 12:29:17 PM
Surprised with all the complaints they received over the years, Arriva didn't try that themselves?
Arriva did try it, but that was when both 74 and 825 terminated at the Hospital. I feel its going to be better as it takes less time to complete a 74 than it does a 60. So if there are delays, it is less likely drivers will go over their driving hours. Again, this is just my opinion. It could make no difference what so ever

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 21, 2022, 08:42:11 PM
Arriva did try it, but that was when both 74 and 825 terminated at the Hospital. I feel its going to be better as it takes less time to complete a 74 than it does a 60. So if there are delays, it is less likely drivers will go over their driving hours. Again, this is just my opinion. It could make no difference what so ever

Hopefully more full sized buses on the 74 as well. That Scania hasnt been out in 3 weeks, heard it got PG9'd at Lichfield and put on a recovery truck

Westy

Are those ex airport things appearing on any other route than the 1 / 1a?

Very rare I see a Solo now!

Westy

The new timetable guides have now started appearing, but if buses are going to operate both Cannock & Stafford related services, why don't they put both area guides on the same vehicle?

Case in point, the 1a I caught from Bloxwich down to my house tonight, had 4 Stafford guides left, which obviously don't include the Walsall services.

Why don't they combine both areas into one guide by the way?

Edit: Managed to get some Cannock guides this morning!

Westy

The first no 1 didn't appear this morning!

LNational

841 service broke down in Hixon being towed away

Tony

On a similar note to my posting about the quality of journeys, yesterday I travelled on a Chaserider service for the first time since the takeover from Arriva, I had walked from Wolverhampton garage to Heathtown to catch the 9 to Bloxwich and the train home, but the first bus to come was a 71. Yes it was a Solo on an inter-urban route 178 in the advert livery, here it is when I got off in Cannock Bus Station http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2406a.html.

The bus was running on time, I took the last double seat, so a reasonable number of passengers, the bus rode well, sounded healthy enough and was of good condition inside. The driver drove professionally and smoothly and there was a stock of the Cannock map & timetable leaflets available to take in the rack. I took one and it is excellent quality, so my experience of Chaserider is far from some people's on here it seams.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2022, 05:46:40 PM
On a similar note to my posting about the quality of journeys, yesterday I travelled on a Chaserider service for the first time since the takeover from Arriva, I had walked from Wolverhampton garage to Heathtown to catch the 9 to Bloxwich and the train home, but the first bus to come was a 71. Yes it was a Solo on an inter-urban route 178 in the advert livery, here it is when I got off in Cannock Bus Station http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2406a.html.

The bus was running on time, I took the last double seat, so a reasonable number of passengers, the bus rode well, sounded healthy enough and was of good condition inside. The driver drove professionally and smoothly and there was a stock of the Cannock map & timetable leaflets available to take in the rack. I took one and it is excellent quality, so my experience of Chaserider is far from some people's on here it seams.

Would've been interesting to know if that 9 you would've caught would've been on time!

Bob

Was it the one with e leather seating?

Wumpty

Question @Tony - you caught 178 in Cannock Chase Radio wrap. What did you think of the overall advertising? Was it clear enough for you to get the information you need to tune in and would it have persuaded you to do so?

I saw the same bus at around 16.20 in Heath Town, parked just before the shops/Church (and not in the layby, strangely).
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk