News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMarkeh

Something of interest for everyone. A recent FOI was sent in to Staffordshire Council regarding S106 funding from the Persimmon Homes 'Norton Meadows' development. The council state that
QuoteA new service will be provided from 21st February using the S106 funding, but this will have to serve the development as condition of the S106 i.e. it will not be service 3, but a new service from that date that replaces service 3.

The replacement for route 3 will have a change of route.

Kevin

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 25, 2022, 01:20:26 AM
Something of interest for everyone. A recent FOI was sent in to Staffordshire Council regarding S106 funding from the Persimmon Homes 'Norton Meadows' development. The council state that
The replacement for route 3 will have a change of route.

Hopefully that means a more sensible and perhaps direct route to Cannock, because let's face it the current 3 is hardly an appealing prospect.
Unfortunately, as with most S106 funding, it will probably end up being a completely non-sensical route or just tacking that development onto the current 3
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 24, 2022, 07:21:10 AM
Looks like, according to Bustimes.org, the first 2 number 1's are running roughly 15 to 20 minutes late, so I've had to go round to the Bloxwich Road for a Walsall bus.

The first 1 on it's return journey,  now seems to be 5 mins approx behind!

This morning,  again running roughly 7 to 10 minutes late, by which time, I'd gone round to Bloxwich Road, but noticing on Bustimes.org, that it managed to get into Walsall only a minute late!

Again, looking at 199's return journey back to Cannock,  it was roughly back on time!

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 25, 2022, 07:12:26 AM
This morning,  again running roughly 7 to 10 minutes late, by which time, I'd gone round to Bloxwich Road, but noticing on Bustimes.org, that it managed to get into Walsall only a minute late!

Again, looking at 199's return journey back to Cannock,  it was roughly back on time!

Had  a reply back from them.

Blaming fault on the specified vehicle basically!

BusMan Greg

Centrebus Dart 555 is destined for Cannock, its currently on loan at Leicester!

Grinder

The last Dart in the Centrebus fleet.  Bound to end up at Chaserider or Select me thinks.

Bob

The way they allocate vehicles is crazy, 2 tired Solos on the busy 74s todqy while volvos streetlites etc run around empty on pye greens/71s

Westy

Quote from: Bob on February 01, 2022, 06:06:55 PM
The way they allocate vehicles is crazy, 2 tired Solos on the busy 74s todqy while volvos streetlites etc run around empty on pye greens/71s

I got that ex airport thing again on the 1st 1 down!

In fact seem to get it most mornings currently!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on February 01, 2022, 07:04:58 PM
I got that ex airport thing again on the 1st 1 down!

In fact seem to get it most mornings currently!

Think unless theyve been upseated thdyve got around similar or less seating to a solo SR

BusMan Greg

I'm surprised nothing's been mentioned on the website about the up coming changes on the 20th! Their leaving it a bit late

BusMan Greg

I seen YJ54 CEN (Centrebus learner commander) on the New Road in Featherstone. It went back to Centrebus months ago apparently so I wonder what it's doing back

cris 99

im pretty sure thats been parked at Select for a few weeks now was certainly there yesterday as saw a pic of it at the depot
17//72/73/97/X12

BusMan Greg

From their website:

Changes to services from 20th February 2022

Service 1

Some journeys will be retimed.
One journey per hour will be renumbered '1A' and will divert via Cheslyn Hay.
All journeys will divert via Delta Way, Longford Road and Avon Road in Cannock.

Service 60

Most journeys will be retimed.
Buses will no longer call at the stop in the grounds of Hawks Green Tesco but will continue to serve stops close by on Hayes Way.

Service 62

Most journeys will be retimed, running up to 15 minutes later.
Some late afternoon and all Saturday journeys will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.

Service 63

Most journeys will be retimed, running up to 15 minutes later.

Service 70

Buses will operate to a revised route in Wolverhampton City Centre, serving Stafford Street and Broad Street only.

Service 71

Buses will operate to a revised route in Wolverhampton City Centre, serving Stafford Street and Broad Street only.
Buses will operate via a revised route in Great Wyrley at peak times to improve reliability.

Service 74

Some evening journeys will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.
Buses will no longer run between Cannock and Cheslyn Hay, but services 70 and 71 will continue to provide a journey up to every 30 minutes.
New service 1A will link Avon Road in Cannock with Cheslyn Hay.

Service 826

Service 827

This service will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.
Service 826 will continue to provide an hourly service between Stafford and Baswich, and service 74 will continue to provide a half-hourly service between Stafford and Weeping Cross.

Service 828

Buses will operate via Weston Road and Blackheath Lane in Stafford instead of Hydrant Way and Tixall Road.

solonightrider

services retimed,, is that to allow all the solos time to break down mid journey then on the routes they are unsuitable for :-)

Westy

Still no Saturday service on the 1!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk