News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

There was a gap of 90 mins between 13.57 and 15.27 on the 3 in Brownhills today and a busy afternoon 74 didnt run from stafford

Bob

Big gaps on the 1 too and then 16.10 never ran again from Walsall. Seriously how do they expect to attract custom? I wonder how many Cannock to Walsall trips on the X51 have been cancelled or simply not turned up in comparison with the Chaserider embarrassment?

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Bob on October 28, 2021, 02:15:42 AM
Big gaps on the 1 too and then 16.10 never ran again from Walsall. Seriously how do they expect to attract custom? I wonder how many Cannock to Walsall trips on the X51 have been cancelled or simply not turned up in comparison with the Chaserider embarrassment?

The driver shortage in the industry is very challenging - hard to do much about some of it but customer info would be good if journeys are missing.

Wumpty

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on October 28, 2021, 08:26:14 AM
The driver shortage in the industry is very challenging - hard to do much about some of it but customer info would be good if journeys are missing.

Driver shortages are greatly amplified when it's a smaller business with less frequent services to half-cover any gaps.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Steveminor

Very true, also in the West Midlands we have a lot of turn up & go high frequency routes so when a bus is missing it is hardly the problem as when an half hourly service misses.

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on October 28, 2021, 08:52:43 AM
Driver shortages are greatly amplified when it's a smaller business with less frequent services to half-cover any gaps.

Agreed, add to this ongoing reliability issues with the vehicles and its a bad situation. I bet they rue the day they bought so many knackered  Solos

ellspurs

Quote from: Bob on October 28, 2021, 11:05:10 AM
Agreed, add to this ongoing reliability issues with the vehicles and its a bad situation. I bet they rue the day they bought so many knackered  Solos
Weren't they the ones that came from Arriva?

Bob

Quote from: ellspurs on October 28, 2021, 03:13:14 PM
Weren't they the ones that came from Arriva?

Yep and theyre own ones are as bad 104/106 are unreliable and an 08 plate one caught fire in june and npt been seen since. 167 broke down at the designer outlet on the 3 earlier, meaning missing trips on that and the 1

Bob

I think 176 also broke down on the 1/3

Trident 4194

Looks like the 2 SLF darts have been withdrawn

Jamie A

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 28, 2021, 05:59:03 PM
Looks like the 2 SLF darts have been withdrawn

17 was out today on service 74

Westy

At least one of the drivers doesn't seem to know his way out of Walsall as the 1123 1 exited via Wolverhampton Street & Blue Lane West instead.

On another issue, noticing Nx Walsall Travelshop has now cleared its shelves,  I do hope Chaserider sent someone down to retrieve the remaining Cannock area timetables that are still valid.

Westy

First number 1 failed to show, so a quick race to Bloxwich Road for one of those!

(No half 3 finish today for me.

Thanks Chaserider!)

Bob

Gap between 12.23 and 13.53 Walsall to Cannock and the last one out of Cannock hasnt gone so there wont be a last one from Walsall. Shockingly c**p service. I cant see it lasting much longer.

Bob

Theres also 9 vehicles VOR at the moment plus two broken down Solos today 🤣🤣🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk