News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tphi12000

Quote from: BusMan Greg on October 06, 2021, 06:47:53 PM
603 is apparently on the 841 tonight according to bustimes.org
Noted 603 in service in Stafford this morning
Tony

Bob

Chaserider really need to up their gane.buses missing, last week the 3 from brownhills today the 16.40 no1 from walsall just hasnt run at all, on the way in i was the only passenger for the whole length of the trip. The rear axle came off a volvo on heath hayes high st last week leaving the back end of the bus stuck on the pavement!

Bob

16.53 No1 Cannock to Walsall doesnt look like its running either!

Steveminor

Driver shortage, a lot of operators suffering

Bob

Well then maybe they should adjust timetables and not just miss journeys? There was over an hour gap in service on 74s too. Coupled with the reliability issues they have with their buses. About 5 solos are off the road , 1 of the two commanders remaining has been VOR for a month since it got towed in and two of the streetlites have been out of use since july and sept !

Bob

Or maybe they could at least respond on their social media to passengers.....

Bob

The 62 is running 2 hourly today!!!!

Westy

Quote from: Bob on October 26, 2021, 09:31:26 PM
Or maybe they could at least respond on their social media to passengers.....

Last post on social media around 5 days ago!

They seem to like plugging the whereabouts of the Cannock Chase Fm Solo!

Wonder what the listening figures are like?

I did notice one morning last week, when it was on the 1, the driver had brought a little radio along & had tuned it to Heart!

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 27, 2021, 01:26:43 PM

I did notice one morning last week, when it was on the 1, the driver had brought a little radio along & had tuned it to Heart!

Cannock Chase Radio FM's listening figures aren't monitored like commercial stations like Greatest Hits Radio or Heart etc. They're a community radio station like WCR FM - the promotion on social media of 179 is part of the agreement to promote the vehicle.

Must admit I'm not a huge fan of 179's overall wrap as the Solos are predominantly glass with little body front and sides to use for advertising - contravision is hugely expensive, hence why they've gone body only. The rear is much more advert-friendly and works better.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on October 27, 2021, 02:39:28 PM
Cannock Chase Radio FM's listening figures aren't monitored like commercial stations like Greatest Hits Radio or Heart etc. They're a community radio station like WCR FM - the promotion on social media of 179 is part of the agreement to promote the vehicle.

Must admit I'm not a huge fan of 179's overall wrap as the Solos are predominantly glass with little body front and sides to use for advertising - contravision is hugely expensive, hence why they've gone body only. The rear is much more advert-friendly and works better.

To be honest, I struggle to get it south of Bloxwich!

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 27, 2021, 02:54:41 PM
To be honest, I struggle to get it south of Bloxwich!

They're designed to be low powered directional transmitters - they are *supposed* to transmit sufficient power in the direction of their transmission service area (TSA), hence why you'll struggle to get it in Bloxwich as it's not part of their TSA.

I'm assuming you're trying 89.6FM for Cannock & The Chase? You might just get 94.0FM on the Trent Valley feed or the more recent 89.8FM relay for Lichfield. Tune In app carries the 89.6FM feed.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on October 27, 2021, 03:05:33 PM
They're designed to be low powered directional transmitters - they are *supposed* to transmit sufficient power in the direction of their transmission service area (TSA), hence why you'll struggle to get it in Bloxwich as it's not part of their TSA.

I'm assuming you're trying 89.6FM for Cannock & The Chase? You might just get 94.0FM on the Trent Valley feed or the more recent 89.8FM relay for Lichfield. Tune In app carries the 89.6FM feed.

To be honest, when I brought this up elsewhere, I was advised 94.0.

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on October 27, 2021, 03:05:33 PM

When i saw the first sentence i thought you were referring to cannocks Solos 🤣

Jamie A

Quote from: Westy on October 27, 2021, 01:26:43 PM

Appeared to be 1 of god knows how many vehicles parked up without a driver.... Btw your not missing much, Cannock chase radio isn't that good.... Certainly not wear the am all over wrapped bus if you ask me

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on October 27, 2021, 06:52:23 PM

Appeared to be 1 of god knows how many vehicles parked up without a driver.... Btw your not missing much, Cannock chase radio isn't that good.... Certainly not wear the am all over wrapped bus if you ask me

Plus some broken down ones lol, including the MCV that was sent to replace a broke down bus then broke down 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk