News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2021, 03:31:35 PM
It's only real selling point over the X51 is it is direct

USP or not, it clearly isn't working and limited success for Arriva. Only Chase have managed to match the popularity of NXWM on this corridor.

I'm really not sure why Chaserider have persisted with such sparse loads?!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on September 14, 2021, 03:03:23 PM
Last week, I saw the 1 a few times heading down Green Lane into Walsall. Most of the time it was empty. The most I saw on there were 5 people, and that was at around 8.45am by Hospital Street heading into Walsall.

Would it benefit anyone if it diverted into the Reedswood retail park?

If they started a Saturday service,  they could run the 'normal ' 1 at peaks & 1a via Beechdale & Reedswood off peak & Saturday.

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2021, 02:53:25 PM
In my opinion, the 74 is partly sustainable as it holds potential! As for the 1, I cant see that lasting too long.

Are Chaserider actively seeking traffic between Bloxwich & Walsall?

Not while you have the special fares from Nx & Diamond on the 31 & 32!

As I've said before, due to most people catching the 31 & 32, I prefer the 1, 74 & X51, at least I  can get a seat.

BusMan Greg

But do people really need a direct bus to Walsall? Surely the train would be the best option?

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2021, 07:14:51 PM
But do people really need a direct bus to Walsall? Surely the train would be the best option?

So you want some people to have a half hour walk to a train station instead of a bus at the end of the street?

Bob

I dont know Tony, you get to travel on a rancid Solo

Westy

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2021, 08:12:20 PM

To be fair, you get a Streetlite & one of those 2 door things occasionally.!

Westy

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2021, 07:16:39 PM
So you want some people to have a half hour walk to a train station instead of a bus at the end of the street?

Are you getting issues with the Chase Line, like the Snow Hill lines, as mentioned elsewhere.

You need a reliable alternative.

Bob

Quote from: Westy on September 14, 2021, 06:06:05 PM
If they started a Saturday service,  they could run the 'normal ' 1 at peaks & 1a via Beechdale & Reedswood off peak & Saturday.

Its not even used much in the peaks lol

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2021, 08:12:20 PM

I don't think the vehicles used are the issue here. Arriva had some lovely branded streetlites when they ran the route and it still struggled then.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 14, 2021, 10:28:24 PM
I don't think the vehicles used are the issue here. Arriva had some lovely branded streetlites when they ran the route and it still struggled then.

And the X51 didn't run then either

Bob

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2021, 10:32:09 PM
And the X51 didn't run then either

And whqt was Arriva's reaction to the X51? "I know, lets get rid of the Sapphire buses and frequently  run the worst tat weve got on it  theyll desert NX in droves" 🤣

Bob

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 14, 2021, 10:28:24 PM

They were far from lovely they were noisy, jerky , uncomfortable and the adverised power sockets never worked.

ellspurs

I saw a Pye Green circular bus (think it was the 26) happily trundling up the A5 towards Gailey yesterday. It had an all-over advert on it, but I don't think it was the one that's on the latest photos on site. I thought it may have been an X14 that had the wrong service number on it, but one of them was 5 minutes behind. Pretty off route?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: ellspurs on September 18, 2021, 11:04:46 AM
I saw a Pye Green circular bus (think it was the 26) happily trundling up the A5 towards Gailey yesterday. It had an all-over advert on it, but I don't think it was the one that's on the latest photos on site. I thought it may have been an X14 that had the wrong service number on it, but one of them was 5 minutes behind. Pretty off route?
Any idea what type of bus it was?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk