News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinder

re D & G/Chaserider fleet list posted by DJ
Corresponds to the one I have but there have been two additions from last week. 2 more VDL120/Plaxton Centro's numbered 603 and 605,  KE06NZX and FJ56BVV have come from Centrebus currently in the old Centrebus livery. 

Solo1

Quote from: John on September 12, 2021, 08:14:02 AM
They haven't
on the fleet list DJ posted got a blue enviro listed

888DUK

Quote from: DJ on September 12, 2021, 05:26:15 AM
I've attached a PDF of the up to date fleet list, which I've checked against the one on bustimes, and checked through Flickr to see if there's anything missing.

There still could be a few omissions, such as vehicles that have been withdrawn but still owned by Chaserider, but it should have everything that is in active service.

DJ that's brilliant and really appreciated- top man👍

888DUK

Many thanks to everyone for the replies its really appreciated.

John

Quote from: Solo1 on September 12, 2021, 12:13:58 PM
on the fleet list DJ posted got a blue enviro listed

Bus times has it tracking in Error. It was a ex Arriva Dart tracking as that E200

Solo1

Quote from: John on September 12, 2021, 01:02:35 PM
Bus times has it tracking in Error. It was a ex Arriva Dart tracking as that E200
ok thanks @John  though  it odd thats why i was asking

DJ

Quote from: John on September 12, 2021, 01:02:35 PM

Ah right, my mistake then.

Quote from: Grinder on September 12, 2021, 09:27:16 AM
re D & G/Chaserider fleet list posted by DJ
Corresponds to the one I have but there have been two additions from last week. 2 more VDL120/Plaxton Centro's numbered 603 and 605,  KE06NZX and FJ56BVV have come from Centrebus currently in the old Centrebus livery. 

Thanks for that, I've attached an updated PDF.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Loadings must be 'great', on service 1, if the driver starts recognising you & greets you!

Not that I'm complaining of course!

Just hope the service continues!

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on September 14, 2021, 07:04:05 AM
Loadings must be 'great', on service 1, if the driver starts recognising you & greets you!

Not that I'm complaining of course!

Just hope the service continues!
Does it ever get a healthy loading?

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2021, 12:26:03 PM
Does it ever get a healthy loading?

Unless someone got on & off before me at Leamore, there was no one on the first bus down from Cannock, then a couple more got on at Hospital St, either contactless or Nbus pass.

To be fair, at least one day a week,  there are about 4 before me, when the bus arrives.

Be interested to compare the 1 & 74 loadings, certainly from Bloxwich!

I know when I've caught the 74 back, no one has got off before me at Leamore!

(Obviously because of the 31/32 special fares, which leads me to ask, why bother sending the 74 up & down Bloxwich Road.

If they did do a cutback, make both services hourly to Walsall & both down Somerfield Road & Green Lane, because I really cannot see the point of them going down Bloxwich Road & not picking up!)

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on September 14, 2021, 01:10:39 PM

If they did do a cutback, make both services hourly to Walsall & both down Somerfield Road & Green Lane, because I really cannot see the point of them going down Bloxwich Road & not picking up!)

Bloxwich Road has greater reliability options than Green Lane. You have the Stafford Street bus lane to run into town and no bus priority on Green Lane. The traffic at peak times is horrendous at the Blue Lane traffic lights, with traffic regularly tailing back to Old Birchills/Hospital Street.

Even if they did re-route via Green Lane, there's little patronage along it - there's less residential patronage between Asda, Somerfield Road and Four Crosses, predominantly industrial between Four Crosses Hospital Street (albeit passing Stephenson Avenue and Reedswood Retail Park), then the 69/70 pick up what's left into Walsall.

For me, Bloxwich Road has a greater chance of picking up stragglers not picked up by NXWM and Diamond.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BusMan Greg

In my opinion, the 74 is partly sustainable as it holds potential! As for the 1, I cant see that lasting too long.

ellspurs

Last week, I saw the 1 a few times heading down Green Lane into Walsall. Most of the time it was empty. The most I saw on there were 5 people, and that was at around 8.45am by Hospital Street heading into Walsall.

Would it benefit anyone if it diverted into the Reedswood retail park?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: ellspurs on September 14, 2021, 03:03:23 PM
Last week, I saw the 1 a few times heading down Green Lane into Walsall. Most of the time it was empty. The most I saw on there were 5 people, and that was at around 8.45am by Hospital Street heading into Walsall.

Would it benefit anyone if it diverted into the Reedswood retail park?
would the 1 benefit from diverting via Lower Farm due to Diamond pulling the plug on the 32? Opinions please

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2021, 03:09:28 PM
would the 1 benefit from diverting via Lower Farm due to Diamond pulling the plug on the 32? Opinions please

It's only real selling point over the X51 is it is direct

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk