News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilliamLeylandNational

Any idea if Chaserider are running buses this morning?  Website says they are not.

Depotosw

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on January 25, 2021, 09:00:56 AM
Any idea if Chaserider are running buses this morning?  Website says they are not.
One major fail by Chaserider this morning is the lack of updates on their Facebook page, compare to Arriva who were updating over Sunday and into this morning and doing so very well.

Looking at the BusTimes.org site, 11 FJ55 BWA has started tracking on a 25 from 09:43 and so far and 190 FJ06 ZTN on a 74 just before 10:00 as I post this.

Solo1

We have had snow so could be that they are only running some buses 16 buses are out at the mo

l.murphy123

Quote from: Depotosw on January 25, 2021, 09:56:58 AM
One major fail by Chaserider this morning is the lack of updates on their Facebook page, compare to Arriva who were updating over Sunday and into this morning and doing so very well.

Looking at the BusTimes.org site, 11 FJ55 BWA has started tracking on a 25 from 09:43 and so far and 190 FJ06 ZTN on a 74 just before 10:00 as I post this.

I thought the same - not very helpful on the socials today unfortunately. Also I wonder how long it will take TfWM to update the timetables for the temporary change of the nunber 2.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 25, 2021, 11:07:54 AM
. Also I wonder how long it will take TfWM to update the timetables for the temporary change of the nunber 2.

They have changed the stop in Walsall quickly enough. Now says out of use

Westy

They've even updated the stop outside my house as well! :o

Did the Turnberry get a replacement service after all?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on January 25, 2021, 02:37:34 PM
They've even updated the stop outside my house as well! :o

Did the Turnberry get a replacement service after all?

As far as I can see, there's no service through the Turnberry Estate now.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Weirdly, both traveline and TfWM have D&G buses listed as running the 2, not Chaserider. (Traveline still show the Chaserider one on there, but when you click on it, you get a "no timetable found" message.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/twm_04002_Q_H_y11_1-1

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on January 25, 2021, 04:03:43 PM
Weirdly, both traveline and TfWM have D&G buses listed as running the 2, not Chaserider. (Traveline still show the Chaserider one on there, but when you click on it, you get a "no timetable found" message.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/twm_04002_Q_H_y11_1-1

Isn't that something to do with using the legal name, rather than the popular trading name?

Arriva Cannock used to have the Delta Way depot listed on stop timetables as Midland Red North depot for the Cannock routes & of course you get 'West Midlands Travel' still on the bottom of the buses!

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on January 25, 2021, 05:16:31 PM
Isn't that something to do with using the legal name, rather than the popular trading name?

Arriva Cannock used to have the Delta Way depot listed on stop timetables as Midland Red North depot for the Cannock routes & of course you get 'West Midlands Travel' still on the bottom of the buses!

Traveline has both "D&G" and "Chaserider" routes listed, with the Chaserider one not working. Probably just a keying error somewhere.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: ellspurs on January 25, 2021, 04:03:43 PM

That's because chaserider is the brand, not the company...

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 25, 2021, 08:03:49 PM
That's because chaserider is the brand, not the company...
It's the trading name, same as Travel Express who trade as Let's Go.  The operating license is under D&G.

Westy

Quote from: Pat on January 25, 2021, 09:58:42 PM
It's the trading name, same as Travel Express who trade as Let's Go.  The operating license is under D&G.

Think that is what I was trying to get at!

WilliamLeylandNational

The 6 and 827 look certain to be chopped based on the latest on Facebook.  Other changes to routes/timetables as well.

Depotosw

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on January 27, 2021, 08:14:07 AM
The 6 and 827 look certain to be chopped based on the latest on Facebook.  Other changes to routes/timetables as well.
Looking at the posting, they don't make it clear if covid related changes or a permanent thing, seems to be provoking comments from some unhappy customers it seems too. Would have been interesting to see the comments on the Arriva Cannock thread if Arriva had done this in the same manor! However I know it's a challenging time and wish Chaserider all the best with the network.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk