News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: andy41 on January 21, 2021, 05:33:48 PM
There's no indication it's a permanent change, but I wouldn't be surprised.
There was no indication of the 1's suspension being permenant, but look what happened!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 21, 2021, 07:56:03 PM
There was no indication of the 1's suspension being permenant, but look what happened!

I suspect that the 1's perninant withdrawal was to do with the fact there were three services going pritty much the same route to Cannock and most people were either timing it for the 2 or X51. So the 1 was losing money and passengers alike!!! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 22, 2021, 01:30:59 PM
I suspect that the 1's perninant withdrawal was to do with the fact there were three services going pritty much the same route to Cannock and most people were either timing it for the 2 or X51. So the 1 was losing money and passengers alike!!! 😁

The 2 was nothing like the 1, nobody who could catch the 1 time it for the 2

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2021, 01:44:20 PM
The 2 was nothing like the 1, nobody who could catch the 1 time it for the 2

I'm only sermising!! 😁 I don't know the real reason.... I am only stating that there are 3 services that do the same sort of route...Plus I have been to Walsall and there have been times where the 1 and 2 have been in at the same time so I beg to differ with your coment @Tony.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 22, 2021, 01:48:59 PM
I'm only sermising!! 😁 I don't know the real reason.... I am only stating that there are 3 services that do the same sort of route...Plus I have been to Walsall and there have been times where the 1 and 2 have been in at the same time so I beg to differ with your coment @Tony.

You really do have to argue everything don't you? You must love conflict.

The 1 and the 2 are not similar services, once they were past the NX garage I think they shared 3 bus stops before they got into Cannock, it is like saying the 4 and the 6 are the same services because the follow the same route for a short time out of Birmingham, and the bother terminate at the same place.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2021, 04:13:39 PM
You really do have to argue everything don't you? You must love conflict.

The 1 and the 2 are not similar services, once they were past the NX garage I think they shared 3 bus stops before they got into Cannock, it is like saying the 4 and the 6 are the same services because the follow the same route for a short time out of Birmingham, and the bother terminate at the same place.

No @Tony  I don't like confilct and arguing... I was just simply stating a fact.. and clearly you don't like me stating a fact of what I think or find out do you?  Yes I get where you're coming from about simlar routes however thy do use prity much the same route other that the Cheslyn Hay bit of the 2 which also is served by the X51 (or was until recently if your sayning that there're differnt routes).

What is it freedom of speach...That's what I like about takling siviley  to people on line or anywhere for that matter... Now hat statemnt isn't supposed to come across hurtfull, however (you think what you like). some of the posts that you reply to from me and others do seem a little harsh and hurtful.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 22, 2021, 04:50:28 PM
No @Tony  I don't like confilct and arguing... I was just simply stating a fact.. and clearly you don't like me stating a fact of what I think or find out do you?  Yes I get where you're coming from about simlar routes however thy do use prity much the same route other that the Cheslyn Hay bit of the 2 which also is served by the X51 (or was until recently if your sayning that there're differnt routes).

What is it freedom of speach...That's what I like about takling siviley  to people on line or anywhere for that matter... Now hat statemnt isn't supposed to come across hurtfull, however (you think what you like). some of the posts that you reply to from me and others do seem a little harsh and hurtful.

It is clear you don't know the area or the routes. When the 1 last ran the 2 went out via Blakenall to Bloxwich. Even now it is different as it doesn't serve Leamore, then went around Turnbury Estate, and the first stop they both stopped at was the nursing home, then one more stop (which no-one ever uses as it only serves about 4 houses) before going through Landywood and Cheslyn Hay to Cannock.

Meanwhile the 1 went straight up Bloxwich Road through Leamore, straight up little Bloxwich and then through Great Wyrley

If you think they are similar services which passengers waiting for a number 1 would catch a number 2 or vice versa?

Incidently no-one outbound for any stops before Bloxwich other than Somerfield Road uses Arriva services because they don't start in the Bus Station.

l.murphy123

The 1 and 2 were nothing alike the only stops shared were along the Stafford Road in Newtown and then the stops along Bloxwich Lane (except when they altered the 2). They clearly tried every effort to compete with the X51 as they dropped the ticket prices, went back to a 20 min frequency and ran "coincidentally" a minute before from Cannock. The route maps don't reflect how different the routes are. Agree with Tony here (will check my temperature!).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bus Man K2

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 23, 2021, 10:56:45 AM
The 1 and 2 were nothing alike the only stops shared were along the Stafford Road in Newtown and then the stops along Bloxwich Lane (except when they altered the 2). They clearly tried every effort to compete with the X51 as they dropped the ticket prices, went back to a 20 min frequency and ran "coincidentally" a minute before from Cannock. The route maps don't reflect how different the routes are. Agree with Tony here (will check my temperature!).

Ok @I.murphy123.

I'm not going to argue now... That you've cleard it up...in the fact of the stops they serve. They did serve the same route as such until they changed the 2 (although the 2 did go through Leamore and Turnberry and then as part of the X51 through Cheslyn Hay) and then withdrew the 1...now theres only the 2 and X51 left.. 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 11:04:55 AM
Ok @I.murphy123.

I'm They did serve the same route as such until they changed the 2

No they did NOT and never had

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2021, 11:06:56 AM
No they did NOT and never had

So why does the map in the timetable show pritty much the same route except the Leamore, Turnberry estate and Cheslyn Hay? I know the one did extend to Huntington but the 2 didn't.

I think I may be looking at a verry old  timetable or mixing the 2 and 2A up!!!

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 11:10:49 AM
So why does the map in the timetable show pritty much the same route except the Leamore, Turnberry estate and Cheslyn Hay? I know the one did extend to Huntington but the 2 didn't.

I think I may be looking at a verry old  timetable or mixing the 2 and 2A up!!!

If you knew the area you would know that Leamore, Turnbury and Cheslyn Hay is virtually the whole route! The only possible common stretch for passengers to use either are Walsall to Bloxwich and as I said no-one uses Arriva Outbound on that stretch due to where they load, and as bot I and Lee have told you Stafford Road has two stops on that are rarely used

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2021, 11:19:12 AM
If you knew the area you would know that Leamore, Turnbury and Cheslyn Hay is virtually the whole route! The only possible common stretch for passengers to use either are Walsall to Bloxwich and as I said no-one uses Arriva Outbound on that stretch due to where they load, and as bot I and Lee have told you Stafford Road has two stops on that are rarely used

I know of the area but not ae
s well as my area!!! Also looking at the current area map for Walsall it does show most of the 1, 2 & X51 routes, and most of the route is the same apart feom the bits mentioned.... so I don't see the problem with my comments?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 11:37:02 AM
I know of the area but not ae
s well as my area!!! Also looking at the current area map for Walsall it does show most of the 1, 2 & X51 routes, and most of the route is the same apart feom the bits mentioned.... so I don't see the problem with my comments?

Apart from the bits mentioned, which as I said is virtually the whole route, but your aggressive nature means you have to have the last word, be careful or you next may be your last word.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2021, 11:43:20 AM
Apart from the bits mentioned, which as I said is virtually the whole route, but your aggressive nature means you have to have the last word, be careful or you next may be your last word.

No... If I'm coming across aggressive then I'm sorry but I don't meant it.... I'm so passionate about getting everything correct and yes I know that sometimes I do argue the case but I don't mean any harm.. If I did I would think you would have blocked me and/or banned me for good... Sorry again

I hope this topic can get back to some normality now! 😁 Again I don't meant that to come across aggressive if it does.

Sometimes ip people question me my defences go up as I'm so passionate and I don't mean to start any arguments, but obvioulsy I do!! 😁 I don't mean to..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk