News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

The 70 had knackered E200 no 52 on yesterday, with no working front destination blind or card in window stating what route it was 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rachvince53

My apologies,  I was not aware of this. I only thought it applied to services Wholly within the TfWM area. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 29, 2023, 02:06:39 PMOne thing I can't understand is Walsall routes are contracted to be euro 6 vehicles when Walsall bus station is not a euro 6 bus station, national express use euro 4 and I'm sure they use euro 3 buses.

National express are a much bigger company, they have a lot more euro 6 buses available, if Chaserider who are a much smaller company are a much smaller company are expected to use euro 6 buses then so should Nx.

Might seem like I'm moaning but I'm not, the 19 which Chaserider now operate gets its windows smashed all the time, this should be contracted anything Chaserider can get out on it, at least a bus will be operating the service, at least then if a old knackered bus gets its windows smashed yes it's not good but will be better than smashed up a newer vehicle.

Most of Walsall's buses are Euro 6, the only ones that aren't are a few Tridents I think 4566 and 4567. The Omnilinks are Euro 6 they are used in Birmingham, The StreetDecks I would imagine are, E400's certainly are, MMC's again certainly are, the E200's at a guess are and the B7RLE's are to. Diamond Streetlites are, there B7's are, E200's not sure, some Solo's are, Darts if they still have any not sure. Most of NX's fleet bar two I can think of that they use in Walsall are Euro 6. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

Can we get back to the subject of Chaserider please?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mayfield

If Bustimes is correct of the 6 travel Telford vehicles 3 haven't been used for 2 weeks of longer, 2 on Pye Greens and the remaining 1 in Telford, I find that incredible.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Mayfield on January 04, 2024, 09:45:11 AMIf Bustimes is correct of the 6 travel Telford vehicles 3 haven't been used for 2 weeks of longer, 2 on Pye Greens and the remaining 1 in Telford, I find that incredible.
I know 53i is plagued with issues and 543 has engine issues

Bob

Quote from: Mayfield on January 04, 2024, 09:45:11 AMIf Bustimes is correct of the 6 travel Telford vehicles 3 haven't been used for 2 weeks of longer, 2 on Pye Greens and the remaining 1 in Telford, I find that incredible.
Maybe the tenders arent as strict over there, considering 15/16 yr old Solos seem to be there daily lol

Quote from: Bob on January 04, 2024, 10:17:52 PMMaybe the tenders arent as strict over there, considering 15/16 yr old Solos seem to be there daily lol
Telford isn't required to have Euro 6 buses

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on January 04, 2024, 10:36:44 PMTelford isn't required to have Euro 6 buses
Crikey wonder why they bought new buses thatd be much better utilised on other routes

CKD

543 was back on the 4th after having a new engine, not sure what's up with 538 and 540?

CKD

Why is 630 off the road?

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on January 07, 2024, 12:34:02 AMNew engine
Hi All. Just wondering if "new engine" actually means a brand new engine or does it mean a refurbished/rebuilt one ??  And what sort of cost would it entail ??  Thanks. :smiley:

Wumpty

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 07, 2024, 04:45:28 PMHi All. Just wondering if "new engine" actually means a brand new engine or does it mean a refurbished/rebuilt one ??  And what sort of cost would it entail ??  Thanks. :smiley:
I suspect it's a refurb/recon. Average costs of a used Cummins ISbe engine are £2-3k (similar engine is fitted to the DAF LF55 truck so they're readily available. Engines can be whipped out of a Solo in 2-3 hours.

Brand new engines can start from £15k, hence why most operators will continue to buy and fit/swap used/recon/refurb engines from scrap buses knowing they'll get 4-5 engines for the cost of a brand new one.

Pistons can be bought for £35-50 and other parts are also readily available making them easy to repair.

We used to fit a number of 510 engines from scrappers into our fleet of Nationals at Choice (as did Chase and other operators in the 90s). Firstly as there were a shed load of them and we could scavenge parts easily, and second you couldn't buy new 510 engines (again, hence why Chase started experimental re-engining programmes and it lead to the Volvo/DAF programme too).
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

B61 ANDREW

Thank you Wumpty , very interesting reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk