News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 20, 2023, 08:10:36 PMSolo 162 has apparently been withdrawn it has been having issues constantly losing air they have tried to fix it numerous times but the issue keeps occurung so it's been decided that it is to be withdrawn
good riddence best palce is the scrap yard for all optare solos  :evil: :evil:

hlliwmai

Quote from: solonightrider on December 22, 2023, 11:24:24 PMgood riddence best palce is the scrap yard for all optare solos  :evil: :evil:

Unfortunately it would appear it's not dead after all!! They must of rectified the problem and it's been tracking again oh well... it was nice while it lasted! 😂

hlliwmai

Bus 1 had it's window smashed again this morning in either Bloxwich/Leamore whilst running private to Walsall to start service on the 36, I bet Chaserider are really regretting running services in Walsall after all these incidents I can see it happening before much longer they'll pull off Walsall routes if all this vandalism doesn't stop I personally wouldn't blame them either! Something has to give! 

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 23, 2023, 05:47:16 PMBus 1 had it's window smashed again this morning in either Bloxwich/Leamore whilst running private to Walsall to start service on the 36, I bet Chaserider are really regretting running services in Walsall after all these incidents I can see it happening before much longer they'll pull off Walsall routes if all this vandalism doesn't stop I personally wouldn't blame them either! Something has to give!
Wonder where that got caught then?

If the bus runs dead via Bloxwich Road, I can't think of anywhere where it could be attacked(maybe the old railway bridge that leads to Ryecroft at a guess?) , plus it would be light by then, plus why haven't any NX or Diamond buses been attacked on that stretch either?

Seem to recall a few years ago, in fact I might have a pic of the damage aftermath somewhere, some kids were walking past the Doghouse by NX Walsall, when they threw a brick through the nearside window of the bus I was on, which was fairly full ISTR.

solonightrider

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 23, 2023, 10:05:43 AMUnfortunately it would appear it's not dead after all!! They must of rectified the problem and it's been tracking again oh well... it was nice while it lasted! 😂
damn!! too good to be true haha - The santa bus was good today, The driver was well in to his santa role and looked the part, my little one loved it  :grin: :grin:

markcf83

Quote from: solonightrider on December 22, 2023, 11:20:08 PMEngine gone already on 543 blimey its not even 12 month old yet  :sad:
Probably been thrashed between Cannock and Telford on the road......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Wba_lad

One thing I can't understand is Walsall routes are contracted to be euro 6 vehicles when Walsall bus station is not a euro 6 bus station, national express use euro 4 and I'm sure they use euro 3 buses.

National express are a much bigger company, they have a lot more euro 6 buses available, if Chaserider who are a much smaller company are a much smaller company are expected to use euro 6 buses then so should Nx. 

Might seem like I'm moaning but I'm not, the 19 which Chaserider now operate gets its windows smashed all the time, this should be contracted anything Chaserider can get out on it, at least a bus will be operating the service, at least then if a old knackered bus gets its windows smashed yes it's not good but will be better than smashed up a newer vehicle.

the trainbasher

QuoteOne thing I can't understand is Walsall routes are contracted to be euro 6 vehicles when Walsall bus station is not a euro 6 bus station, national express use euro 4 and I'm sure they use euro 3 buses.

National express are a much bigger company, they have a lot more euro 6 buses available, if Chaserider who are a much smaller company are a much smaller company are expected to use euro 6 buses then so should Nx.

Might seem like I'm moaning but I'm not, the 19 which Chaserider now operate gets its windows smashed all the time, this should be contracted anything Chaserider can get out on it, at least a bus will be operating the service, at least then if a old knackered bus gets its windows smashed yes it's not good but will be better than smashed up a newer vehicle.
They all have to be Euro VI, even commercial routes. Part of the Enhanced Partnership

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 29, 2023, 02:06:39 PMOne thing I can't understand is Walsall routes are contracted to be euro 6 vehicles when Walsall bus station is not a euro 6 bus station, national express use euro 4 and I'm sure they use euro 3 buses.

National Express (and Diamond) have an exemption for a selected number of vehicles currently until January 24th that can be used on commercial services. The exact vehicles are listed in the agreement, so neither could bring in additional vehicles.

Chaserider's routes are tendered that specify euro 6

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 29, 2023, 02:06:39 PMOne thing I can't understand is Walsall routes are contracted to be euro 6 vehicles when Walsall bus station is not a euro 6 bus station, national express use euro 4 and I'm sure they use euro 3 buses.
There's no such thing as a "Euro 6 bus station".

Euro6 is an EU vehicle emissions standard.

Since May this year it is a requirement set out by TfWM that all buses operating within the West Midlands meet minimum Euro6 emissions standards, though as Tony says above, Diamond and NX were both granted an exemption due to exceptional circumstances.

https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/04/1st-may-vehicle-emissions-standards-deadline-operators-apply-for-temporary-exemptions/

Operators bidding on TfWM tender contracts have been required to use Euro6 vehicles for a couple of years already, hence why smaller operators with smaller fleets already have such vehicles in place.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Quote from: Stu on December 29, 2023, 07:31:15 PMThere's no such thing as a "Euro 6 bus station".

Euro6 is an EU vehicle emissions standard.

Since May this year it is a requirement set out by TfWM that all buses operating within the West Midlands meet minimum Euro6 emissions standards, though as Tony says above, Diamond and NX were both granted an exemption due to exceptional circumstances.

https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/04/1st-may-vehicle-emissions-standards-deadline-operators-apply-for-temporary-exemptions/

Operators bidding on TfWM tender contracts have been required to use Euro6 vehicles for a couple of years already, hence why smaller operators with smaller fleets already have such vehicles in place.
Does that include buses coming into the WM from places like Staffordshire and other areas? If so, presumably the 70 and 71 will get newer vehicles that currently used

Westy

Quote from: Bob on December 29, 2023, 11:44:39 PMDoes that include buses coming into the WM from places like Staffordshire and other areas? If so, presumably the 70 and 71 will get newer vehicles that currently used
I'm probably wrong but there's no TfWM involvement on those services is there?

Same with the 3, & when we had the evening & Sunday 2's into Walsall.

Rachvince53

Correct, although in due course all buses should be Euro6 compliant,  there is no requirement for buses from outside the TfWM area to be compliant. That situation would change of course if a London style LEZ was introduced.  Non-compliant vehicles would be subject to fines.

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 30, 2023, 05:43:00 PMCorrect, although in due course all buses should be Euro6 compliant,  there is no requirement for buses from outside the TfWM area to be compliant. That situation would change of course if a London style LEZ was introduced.  Non-compliant vehicles would be subject to fines.
The Euro 6 rule does apply to cross border services, otherwise operators could just avoid it by extending services to one stop past the boundary, although it is possible Chaserider have a similar agreement to the ones NX & Diamond have

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 30, 2023, 05:43:00 PMCorrect, although in due course all buses should be Euro6 compliant,  there is no requirement for buses from outside the TfWM area to be compliant. That situation would change of course if a London style LEZ was introduced.  Non-compliant vehicles would be subject to fines.
Incorrect. As of 1st May 2023 all bus services operating within the West Midlands region (the EP Scheme area) should be operated by vehicles meeting Euro6 standards.

You cannot view this attachment.

From page 48 of this document:

In the case of services that operate 'cross-border', it seems there is only an exception for those operated under contract to other local authorities outside the WMCA.

You cannot view this attachment.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk