News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContainsNuts

Quote from: winston on July 02, 2023, 10:08:52 AMDisprove all the negative posts instead of just complaining about being hard done by!

Interesting that a moderator wants someone to provide proof of something. Maybe Bob and co should offer some proof - something which is sadly lacking on this forum!

I've got no proof of anything (why would I have proof?), I just think that this continuous criticism is tiring, particularly as it isn't backed up by any real evidence.

Other forums would insist on proof of any accusations or posts would get taken down. This forum disappoints me as it doesn't seem to be well managed.

Maybe this thread should be renamed 'Chaserider Criticism' and open a new thread for those with something interesting to say.

winston

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 10:39:28 AMInteresting that a moderator wants someone to provide proof of something. Maybe Bob and co should offer some proof - something which is sadly lacking on this forum!

I've got no proof of anything (why would I have proof?), I just think that this continuous criticism is tiring, particularly as it isn't backed up by any real evidence.

Other forums would insist on proof of any accusations or posts would get taken down. This forum disappoints me as it doesn't seem to be well managed.

Maybe this thread should be renamed 'Chaserider Criticism' and open a new thread for those with something interesting to say.
You could disprove all of the negative / factually incorrect posts surrounding Chaserider if you wanted too - remember, The Forum Admin Team know who you really are!

You are also accusing Bob of making accusations & unfairly critising Chaserider without backing up your comments.

Bob's posts about missing / late journies operated by another operator, have been checked out in the past & been found to be correct.

Good idea on renaming this thread, however, I don't think the new thread would get many posts.

ContainsNuts

It's fairly obvious that the moderators of this forum seem to think that the inane ramblings of the few are the way forward, which is something I'm not interested in being a part of. There are plenty of other places on the internet that offer a more balanced view.

I won't bother with further contributions to this forum. I would delete my account but can't figure out how to, which I'm sure is something that should be allowed.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Chaserider apparently have 5 new volvos coming in the next couple of months. Wonder what volvos they're getting

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 11:30:21 AMI won't bother with further contributions to this forum. I would delete my account but can't figure out how to, which I'm sure is something that should be allowed.
Stay with us please , forums are for everyone to be able to offer an opinion. I have felt exactly the same on a number of forums I have used over the years but I am pretty certain that I have stayed on as a member - maybe refrain from posting for a week or so ??   I would also miss Bob's contributions to be honest. 

winston

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 02, 2023, 11:49:18 AMChaserider apparently have 5 new volvos coming in the next couple of months. Wonder what volvos they're getting
If they are brand new, they can only be MCV eVora's, MCV are the only body builder of Volvo single deckers now.

winston

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 11:30:21 AMIt's fairly obvious that the moderators of this forum seem to think that the inane ramblings of the few are the way forward, which is something I'm not interested in being a part of. There are plenty of other places on the internet that offer a more balanced view.

I won't bother with further contributions to this forum. I would delete my account but can't figure out how to, which I'm sure is something that should be allowed.

But are they really just inane ramblings or the feelings of frustrated bus users....🤔

BN

Quote from: winston on July 02, 2023, 12:11:29 PMIf they are brand new, they can only be MCV eVora's, MCV are the only body builder of Volvo single deckers now.
Ex Roberts 16 plate ones, currently at Centrebus?

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 11:30:21 AMIt's fairly obvious that the moderators of this forum seem to think that the inane ramblings of the few are the way forward, which is something I'm not interested in being a part of. There are plenty of other places on the internet that offer a more balanced view.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: BN on July 02, 2023, 02:15:03 PMEx Roberts 16 plate ones, currently at Centrebus?
Either them or the 5 13 plate mk2 B7RLE's centrebus have

Vulcan

Quote from: BN on July 02, 2023, 02:15:03 PMEx Roberts 16 plate ones, currently at Centrebus?
It's unlikely the Cannock turnover could stand depreciation on new vehicles, the same reason as few were allocated there under Arriva 

Westy

Quote from: Vulcan on July 02, 2023, 06:31:00 PMIt's unlikely the Cannock turnover could stand depreciation on new vehicles, the same reason as few were allocated there under Arriva
Are they for the Cannock services or the Telford services?

Wumpty

Quote from: BN on July 02, 2023, 07:33:17 AMGoing to be new to this area soon, I've seen buses out all the time to be fair. Without all the slander, factually are the buses and network ok?
Will be possibly travelling Norton Canes, Hednesford, Cannock.
The network is a considered and balanced one - Chaserider inherited a network that had been titivated and allowed to run on without any drastic changes.

They've taken a huge leap of faith, nay poisoned chalice, and done IMHO, a sterling job with a varied fleet and a network of routes that are generally socially necessary in a semi-rural area.

The buses are of varying ages, not dissimilar to many independents and, IMHO again, their breakdowns are more noticeable because of their much smaller fleet size.

Whilst I don't use the services personally, there are many people I know that do and they provide a good service overall.

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 07:39:50 AMThis is probably the wrong place to ask for a considered and balanced opinion!
Personally, I disagree (given, I'm assuming, a degree of tongue in cheek response!).

There's a fair mix of opinion who can remember the networks of Chaserider, Arriva and Midland Red North and have seen the evolution and changing landscape of the area and required network.

@BN only you ca be the judge should you actually use it- I'd be genuinely interested to hear your experience to see if it lives upto its poor reputation (according to some!)>
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ntw456

Quote from: Westy on July 02, 2023, 07:28:24 PMAre they for the Cannock services or the Telford services?
I've heard they are for the 828/826 as there's Sunday work coming

Westy

Quote from: ntw456 on July 02, 2023, 10:39:55 PMI've heard they are for the 828/826 as there's Sunday work coming
Interesting.

They couldn't make a Sunday service serving McArthur Glen pay, so why Stafford to Lichfield on a Sunday?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk