News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Westy on June 28, 2023, 10:07:27 PMHmm. Wonder whereabouts in Sutton? (For the benefit of my second cousin!)
Peddimore near Minworth.
In terms of buses 71 and X15 to/from the City are nearby. So something could stop there if there's demand for it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

Quote from: 2206 on June 28, 2023, 10:37:27 PMPeddimore near Minworth.
In terms of buses 71 and X15 to/from the City are nearby. So something could stop there if there's demand for it?

So I guess there is scope for Diamond or NX to operate it then as I can't see Chaserider going that far although I could be wrong 

Bob

Wouldnt have fancied being apassenger on the 1 from huntington to wyrley this morning. 65 broke down en route from huntington and didnt make it past cannock on the 9am journey which wasnt replaced. Then 163 managed a trip from wyrley to huntington for the 10am to eyrley and also broke down anddidnt get past cannock. First trip to actually make the end of the route was the 11am 🤣🤣🤣

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2023, 07:31:32 PMWouldnt have fancied being apassenger on the 1 from huntington to wyrley this morning. 65 broke down en route from huntington and didnt make it past cannock on the 9am journey which wasnt replaced. Then 163 managed a trip from wyrley to huntington for the 10am to eyrley and also broke down anddidnt get past cannock. First trip to actually make the end of the route was the 11am 🤣🤣🤣
How is the TC not stepping in 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Westy

ContainsNuts

The question (as usual) is where is Bob getting his evidence from?

Is he standing at the side of the road observing these issues, or is he sitting in a chair at home scoring the internet for anything he can make an assumption on?

Did the bus break down, or could it have been a faulty ticket machine that has presented incorrect or missing data to bustimes.org and the depot swapped the bus as it was quicker than changing the ticket machine? Or the bus was swapped for another for servicing?

To report to the TC you would need evidence rather than assumptions, and Bob would have to be in a lot of places at the same time to witness as many 'breakdowns' as he says he does!

I seriously think that forums like this should be monitored more to stop these sort of wild accusations - for some reason Chaserider seems to bear the brunt of these and very few other operators come in for such severe criticism. All of the comments that get thrown around are often based on assumptions and are definitely not helpful.

I really think Bob needs to consider whether he is an 'enthusiast' (which is what this forum is for), or just an angry man who really needs to stand aside and leave the commenting for those who are 'enthusiastic' - something which he rarely seems to be, at least not about buses. This issue is not just on this forum, but in several other places online too where I come across the same inane random accusations. I think he needs to understand that it gets very tiresome. Several people say this occasionally but nothing seems to get done by the moderators of groups like this to stem his wild accusations.

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 30, 2023, 03:43:17 AMThe question (as usual) is where is Bob getting his evidence from?

Is he standing at the side of the road observing these issues, or is he sitting in a chair at home scoring the internet for anything he can make an assumption on?

Did the bus break down, or could it have been a faulty ticket machine that has presented incorrect or missing data to bustimes.org and the depot swapped the bus as it was quicker than changing the ticket machine? Or the bus was swapped for another for servicing?

To report to the TC you would need evidence rather than assumptions, and Bob would have to be in a lot of places at the same time to witness as many 'breakdowns' as he says he does!

I seriously think that forums like this should be monitored more to stop these sort of wild accusations - for some reason Chaserider seems to bear the brunt of these and very few other operators come in for such severe criticism. All of the comments that get thrown around are often based on assumptions and are definitely not helpful.

I really think Bob needs to consider whether he is an 'enthusiast' (which is what this forum is for), or just an angry man who really needs to stand aside and leave the commenting for those who are 'enthusiastic' - something which he rarely seems to be, at least not about buses. This issue is not just on this forum, but in several other places online too where I come across the same inane random accusations. I think he needs to understand that it gets very tiresome. Several people say this occasionally but nothing seems to get done by the moderators of groups like this to stem his wild accusations.
I think you should try living in Cannock and relying on them...... passengers hate them. Theyre renowned for unreliability. Also, when services are hourly etc, missing buses are felt much more keenly than on frequent services. So reliability issues becoke much more apoarent. Maybe you'd like to try and be a bit less rude?

winston

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 30, 2023, 03:43:17 AMThe question (as usual) is where is Bob getting his evidence from?

Diamond / Rotala have come in for far more serious criticism over the years including a number of PI's, but they have clearly upped their game & improved the quality / reliability of their operations, thus receive a lot less negativity on this forum & others now. Arriva Cannock used to come in for equally as much criticism if not more than Chaserider are getting. 

If 65 & 163 didn't brake down on the 1 as reported by Bob, what happened to them then? Did those journeys run in full? Do all the missing trips Bob reports actually run?
 Is Bob both an enthuiast & someone who has to rely on Chaserider services? 

As for the moderators not doing anything about these 'Wild Accusations', how are we meant to know what did / didn't occur? Only you can confirm / deny that. It would be far more useful for you to disprove Bob's comments / accusations than making posts like above. 

Straightlines

Quote from: winston on June 30, 2023, 09:15:16 AMDiamond / Rotala have come in for far more serious criticism over the years including a number of PI's, but they have clearly upped their game & improved the quality / reliability of their operations, thus receive a lot less negativity on this forum & others now.  
I wouldn't call an operator that just received a 'Formal Warning' from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (N&P 2610) as one who has 'clearly upped their game' !!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 09:21:42 AMI wouldn't call an operator that just received a 'Formal Warning' from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (N&P 2610) as one who has 'clearly upped their game' !!

Formal warning for what? The investment that diamond have put into vehicles in recent years is great to see. They are withdrawing 09 plate vehicles - only 14 years old and replacing them with streetlites and other euro 6 vehicles. 1 dart still in operation now. Yes the drivers I would say have got worse but the fleet side of things is excellent 

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 09:21:42 AMI wouldn't call an operator that just received a 'Formal Warning' from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (N&P 2610) as one who has 'clearly upped their game' !!

It was regarding the Johnson's takeover & initial transion to Diamond, along with some inherited timetabling / driver issues from May 2022.

No penalties / restrictions were imposed either financial or on their license. 

Hopefully, Stagecoach Warwickshire will find themselves invited to see the Traffic Commissioner over their Birmingham operations. 

Bob

Heres a prime example, theyve been operating the pye greens with 40 min gaps due to having buses short on the route, that old white volvo was on there but either got broke down or got took off. This happens all the time, check out their reviews  a lot of them are related to tjeir most frequent pye green route simply not running. And yes i have expereince of this as that was the route i was waiting for in Hednesford this afternoon. 16.07 journey to be precise. Its happened loads of times when ive used the route. 

BN

Going to be new to this area soon, I've seen buses out all the time to be fair. Without all the slander, factually are the buses and network ok?
Will be possibly travelling Norton Canes, Hednesford, Cannock.

ContainsNuts

Quote from: BN on July 02, 2023, 07:33:17 AMGoing to be new to this area soon, I've seen buses out all the time to be fair. Without all the slander, factually are the buses and network ok?
Will be possibly travelling Norton Canes, Hednesford, Cannock.
This is probably the wrong place to ask for a considered and balanced opinion!

winston

Quote from: ContainsNuts on July 02, 2023, 07:39:50 AMThis is probably the wrong place to ask for a considered and balanced opinion!
Disprove all the negative posts instead of just complaining about being hard done by!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk