News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on June 08, 2023, 11:19:32 PMFeatherstone is horrendous at the moment mate, temp lights, took me 55 mins to do a 10 min journey this afternoon
Is it just them lights by that piece of roadworks? Crazy 

Bob

Chaserider are having a bad day today, cant even run extra buses on 70 like yesterday, due to two buses having to replace breakdowns. Mmc broke in brownhills on the3, volvo on 74 this morning, 60 has had 148 break down on it en route to lichfield, and solo 124, which broke down on the final 70 yesterday, has broke down again today on the 62. But then 18 yr old tiny clapped out Solos on interurban routes??

Bob

Theyve outdone themselves today 🤣The 60, a 4 bus working had an incredible THREE out of four buses break down all before 9am, 148, the clapped out solo, 671, the equally unreliable MCV that also broke down on Sat morning, the last time it was used, and a Volvo, four of the 8 of which are currently off the road. Its now running 1 bus short atm, having dragged an SR solo off Pye Greens and a streetlite on there and a metrocity, so presumably will be hourly at certain points.. They do say things come in 3s 😜

Bob

169 broke down as well, along with 162 and the Volvo that was on the 70, leaving it currently a 1 bus  atm, which on a normal day would make it two hourly, but with the delays due ti featherstone roadworks,poss more three hourly. Anyone say s##tshow? 🤣

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on June 12, 2023, 01:26:05 PM169 broke down as well, along with 162 and the Volvo that was on the 70, leaving it currently a 1 bus  atm, which on a normal day would make it two hourly, but with the delays due ti featherstone roadworks,poss more three hourly. Anyone say s##tshow? 🤣
Normal day in paradise 

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 01:27:20 PMNormal day in paradise
Can you imagine having to rely on this? 🤣🤣🤣

Quote from: Bob on June 12, 2023, 01:34:09 PMCan you imagine having to rely on this? 🤣🤣🤣
No cuz I just drive the buses 🤣

Bob

markcf83

Quote from: Bob on June 12, 2023, 10:40:27 AMTheyve outdone themselves today 🤣The 60, a 4 bus working had an incredible THREE out of four buses break down all before 9am, 148, the clapped out solo, 671, the equally unreliable MCV that also broke down on Sat morning, the last time it was used, and a Volvo, four of the 8 of which are currently off the road. Its now running 1 bus short atm, having dragged an SR solo off Pye Greens and a streetlite on there and a metrocity, so presumably will be hourly at certain points.. They do say things come in 3s 😜
Why isn't the traffic Commissioner looking at this operator? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bob

Quote from: markcf83 on June 12, 2023, 03:03:26 PMWhy isn't the traffic Commissioner looking at this operator?
Theyve had even more breakdowns since. 799 has broken down too, and 180 ( or whatevers tracking as it). Registered mileage must be non existent. 60 is still running on three buses instead of 4

Craigkibbs

Does anyone find it strange that chaserider are having a few breakdowns and arriva did when they where around yet they did bring some of there own fleet with them.

Quote from: Craigkibbs on June 12, 2023, 08:17:22 PMDoes anyone find it strange that chaserider are having a few breakdowns and arriva did when they where around yet they did bring some of there own fleet with them.
They're having major issues with the stuff they brought that's what making us question them. I think if it was just the arriva stuff breaking down constantly we'd understand. The only ones I don't blame Chaserider for is 62 and 64 as they were the first Damiler streetlites ever produced so they're bound to have issues

Bob

More than a few. Worae than ever today. 671, that broke down this morning, got sent back out abd broke down again on the last 60 of the day, they at least found another bus to do the last trip to cannock this time though. After running one bus short all day during the daytine

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 09:05:48 PMThey're having major issues with the stuff they brought that's what making us question them. I think if it was just the arriva stuff breaking down constantly we'd understand. The only ones I don't blame Chaserider for is 62 and 64 as they were the first Damiler streetlites ever produced so they're bound to have issues
Issues that lead to one being scrapped and the other still off the road after 12 months lol

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on June 12, 2023, 03:18:52 PMTheyve had even more breakdowns since. 799 has broken down too, and 180 ( or whatevers tracking as it). Registered mileage must be non existent. 60 is still running on three buses instead of 4
A lot of the issues seem to be time expired Optare solo issues! I don't understand why they keep wasting money keeping time expired solos which seem to fail time and time again on a  daily basis, all the monies wasted on these clapped out optares must be eye watering, recovery, lost mileages/revenue parts & labour. Surely could of brought some good 2nd hand e200s or the likes in with the money wasted on all this junk. And then using these tiny small unreliable sheds on the interuban services is just a recipe for trouble. That orange Metrocity 799 seems to be about the best optare on fleet, its a nice bit of kit inside tbf and sounds quite nice too with the different gearbox set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk