News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Eastside extension

Started by Stevo, December 05, 2020, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on December 07, 2020, 12:16:39 PM
If Lower Bull Street closes at any point e.g. while work takes place, the Perry Barr/Sutton routes could also possibly be moved to Priory Queensway as well, as they can then turn right onto Corporation Street and go past Law Courts, etc at Old Square. Which would probably make sense.
And 14 and 55/94 could be put on Albert Street to make room for Perry Barr/Sutton routes on Priory Queensway, as they can go straight down Moor Street onto Jennens Road from there.

But from what's been said it sounds like other than any possible temporary move, the stops on Lower Bull Street will remain.
Shoving them onto Priory Queensway won't make it better and moving the 14/55/94 back to Albert Street either won't work. Theres even the 23/24 that will have to go along Priory Queensway as well if they are put that way.

the trainbasher

The X16 could always load at the 74 stand by Old Square.

Move the X3/4/5 to the stands where Megabus used to load by the Children's Hospital (unload at the current stop by Sainsburys, head NIS to layover at the layover stop on St Chad's, then when its time go to stand use the stands on Colmore Circus) and then move the 14/55/94 to Albert Street and the Perry Barr/Harborne stuff to Priory?

Unrelated but I'd give the Cov Road some space by having the 17 move to Carrs Lane

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Busboy105

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 07, 2020, 09:08:44 PM
The X16 could always load at the 74 stand by Old Square.

Move the X3/4/5 to the stands where Megabus used to load by the Children's Hospital (unload at the current stop by Sainsburys, head NIS to layover at the layover stop on St Chad's, then when its time go to stand use the stands on Colmore Circus) and then move the 14/55/94 to Albert Street and the Perry Barr/Harborne stuff to Priory?

Unrelated but I'd give the Cov Road some space by having the 17 move to Carrs Lane
Carrs Lane is as packed as it is...

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 07, 2020, 09:25:03 PM
Carrs Lane is as packed as it is...
I agree. But I think the 17 should stay outside Primark, its quite good because people can easily hop onto a 60 if they miss a 17 and vice versa.

But thinking about it, the Stratford Road services could swap with the 14/55/94 and have them on Carrs Lane with the 14 at the top and the 55/94 using the current 4/4A stand. I'd remove that stop on High Street its what causes Carrs Lane to be a standstill and it always has been.
Could possibly put the 65/66/67 onto Albert Street if the Suttons, A34 services, and Stratford Road buses went onto Priory Queensway...

Busboy105

Quote from: Jack on December 08, 2020, 12:02:34 AM
I agree. But I think the 17 should stay outside Primark, its quite good because people can easily hop onto a 60 if they miss a 17 and vice versa.

But thinking about it, the Stratford Road services could swap with the 14/55/94 and have them on Carrs Lane with the 14 at the top and the 55/94 using the current 4/4A stand. I'd remove that stop on High Street its what causes Carrs Lane to be a standstill and it always has been.
Could possibly put the 65/66/67 onto Albert Street if the Suttons, A34 services, and Stratford Road buses went onto Priory Queensway...
What about the X12 and the X70?

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 08, 2020, 04:15:10 AM
Something less frequent like them could probably use the High Street stop as only 1 bus every 10 minutes?
Or could stay on Priory Queensway alternatively.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 08, 2020, 04:15:10 AM
They could move to the High Street stop as they aren't as frequent and its a bus every 10 minutes so it should be fine.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on December 08, 2020, 12:02:34 AM
I'd remove that stop on High Street its what causes Carrs Lane to be a standstill and it always has been.

On the small number of occasions I've ventured into the city centre, the current arrangement with the Stratford Road services seems to work nicely from my observation. Arriving buses unload on Carrs Lane and then wait there, only moving round to the High Street stop to pick up when they're ready to depart. When all is running to schedule, it means there's only one bus at a time loading, which allows other buses to flow past easily.

The problems come when you have more than one bus trying to load there, and one or the other can't get into the bay to park correctly.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/busy-city-centre-street-close-20294743

Work due to start on the extension down Lower Bull Street later this Spring.

QuoteBuses serving Lower Bull Street will be diverted to proposed additional stops at Albert Street, Corporation Street, Dale End and Moor Street Queensway.

the trainbasher

That's going to be fun, especially for the Sutton Lines

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 31, 2021, 08:40:24 PM

I'd send them up Snow Hill Queensway, and have them use the stops on Colmore Circus Queensway that are currently out of use.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

bususer28

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 31, 2021, 08:40:24 PM
Might kick start the plans for cross-city routes.

Pat

Quote from: bususer28 on April 01, 2021, 11:00:35 AM
Might kick start the plans for cross-city routes.
But how would it though?

Jack

Dreading what Carrs Lane, Dale End and Albert Street will be like once again. Hopefully those traffic lights at the Dale End/Albert Street junction will have their timings sorted otherwise it will be come very congested and tight round that section.

Hopefully the 23/24 are to stop on Moor Street Queensway and not on Albert Street, they cause enough mayhem blocking Corporation Street for the Suttons and the limited stop and 33/51 services.

Surprised nothing has been put onto Priory Queensway and swapped stops with services there.

Lower Bull Street to close on June 6th.
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0000478/16

110 timetable says it will be departing from Priory Queensway BS12. Are they putting a new stop in as that suggests it will be where the 55/94's layover before they depart? Presumably X3/X4/X5/X14 would also use it?

Will the 55/94 be staying there or are they going to move the stop somewhere else?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk