News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

HS2

Started by richardjones210368, January 30, 2020, 03:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

On the eve of the confirmation from the Dispatch Box of HS2 being greenlit the designs for Curzon Street have gone live:
https://www.hs2.org.uk/stations/birmingham-curzon-street/

RW

So tomorrow's the day richardj?
Those Curzon Street designs will be a credit to Birmingham and the greater Midlands  area not to mention those who pass through it.

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 04, 2020, 11:39:11 AM
So tomorrow's the day richardj?
Those Curzon Street designs will be a credit to Birmingham and the greater Midlands  area not to mention those who pass through it.
Nothing definite yet it will be tucked away in Hansard one day this week that on.the following days parliamentary business it will state Statement from the Secretary State for Transport then we know its Green for go I will keep us updated

Gareth

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 10:37:02 AM
On the eve of the confirmation from the Dispatch Box of HS2 being greenlit the designs for Curzon Street have gone live:
https://www.hs2.org.uk/stations/birmingham-curzon-street/

But those designs have been on the government website since 2018. What have they changed?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Gareth on February 04, 2020, 03:11:02 PM
But those designs have been on the government website since 2018. What have they changed?
As far as I am aware they have been updated today prior to the HS2 announcement.

RW

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 04, 2020, 11:42:51 AM
Nothing definite yet it will be tucked away in Hansard one day this week that on.the following days parliamentary business it will state Statement from the Secretary State for Transport then we know its Green for go I will keep us updated
Surely richardj Hansard is the record of Parliamentary debates, statements by Ministers etc. As far as I know there has been no debate on HS2 recently so not sure what can be tucked away. Anything said and recorded in Hansard would be in the public domain from that point in time. Understand that statement by Secretary of State could be listed as next days business for H of C but nothing in Hansard until that statement is made. Am I missing something or simply mis-understanding what you are saying in which case apologies.

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 04, 2020, 03:35:45 PM
Surely richardj Hansard is the record of Parliamentary debates, statements by Ministers etc. As far as I know there has been no debate on HS2 recently so not sure what can be tucked away. Anything said and recorded in Hansard would be in the public domain from that point in time. Understand that statement by Secretary of State could be listed as next days business for H of C but nothing in Hansard until that statement is made. Am I missing something or simply mis-understanding what you are saying in which case apologies.
Hansard also has the order papers for the following days business in both Houses its abit like the order of play at Wimbledon and as such the first indication of a statement to the house will be posted here.

RW

You live and learn. Thanks richardj. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later eh? Thousands of construction workers also hoping for a green light removing the threat of unemployment for themselves and their families!

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 04, 2020, 05:03:45 PM
You live and learn. Thanks richardj. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later eh? Thousands of construction workers also hoping for a green light removing the threat of unemployment for themselves and their families!
Yes you are so right mate it will be an economic disaster for the West Midands if my source is wrong which I hope he isnt mind you he is Welsh!

RW

Now you've really worried me!!!

richardjones210368

Be Brave he knows his buses especially SWT.

RW

Never mind 'his buses' what about his HS2. Only joking, but do hope his info to you of the position iin Whitehall is right on the mark!

RW

As I've posted elsewhere what I can't understand is why, if there's the slightest chance of HS2 not getting a green light, work is being allowed to continue on site along the length of the proposed route including here in Birmingham and heading South from the City?  It must be racking up tens of thousands of pounds per week, as a minimum, in additional costs. Makes no sense unless it is going ahead. A clue it is going ahead maybe?

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 05, 2020, 04:47:35 PM
As I've posted elsewhere what I can't understand is why, if there's the slightest chance of HS2 not getting a green light, work is being allowed to continue on site along the length of the proposed route including here in Birmingham and heading South from the City?  It must be racking up tens of thousands of pounds per week, as a minimum, in additional costs. Makes no sense unless it is going ahead. A clue it is going ahead maybe?
Be patient mate the PM has had his bridge building attempt with David Cameron thrown back.in his face by the former PM. Mr Johnson is not a happy bunny.

RW

And that impacts on the HS2 decision how richardj?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk