News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond coming off 007.

Started by hartshill busman 724210, July 14, 2012, 10:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartshill busman 724210

Just read this on network west midlands. Seems its going out to tender again.What sort of service did they manage on this route cos it seems they`re a bit hit and miss presently on other routes?.

BN

I think they were running a decent service usually with YD02PZL 30214 I think. But if there was ever a breakdown forget it as they come all the way from tividale to repair it the service just goes to pot!

PM

Diamond arent hit and miss-their services-especially Black Diamond run on time with good buses and great drivers!!

Ash

Quote from: rob@mdc on July 14, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
I think they were running a decent service usually with YD02PZL 30214 I think. But if there was ever a breakdown forget it as they come all the way from tividale to repair it the service just goes to pot!

Yes YD02PZO 30214 seem to always work the 007 but has been seen quite a bit on the 404E as of late and not sounded too good. 007 may be because diamond are leaving the service has seen the red and white darts and small mpd (red diamond ones). The 202 can be caught from Halesowen to Bromesgrove not sure how frequent these are now and wether the leather centro's still get used

hartshill busman 724210

Quote from: Peter123 on July 14, 2012, 06:44:30 PM
Diamond arent hit and miss-their services-especially Black Diamond run on time with good buses and great drivers!!
you`ve not read the comments referring to the 226 then peter? ;)

PM

TBh Ive never caught the 226-Im going on my experience of them on other routes. Tho I like diamond I think muscling in on Hanson's 226 and then claiming them operating half the buses on it was good for everyone is a bit rich, tho talking of Hanson's the 004 doesnt seem to be doing especially well :(

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2012, 01:57:35 PMtho talking of Hanson's the 004 doesnt seem to be doing especially well :(

That is the opposite to what I've seen...and I catch the route most Thursdays.

Mike360

Quote from: Ash on July 14, 2012, 09:58:01 PM

Yes YD02PZO 30214 seem to always work the 007 but has been seen quite a bit on the 404E as of late and not sounded too good. 007 may be because diamond are leaving the service has seen the red and white darts and small mpd (red diamond ones). The 202 can be caught from Halesowen to Bromesgrove not sure how frequent these are now and wether the leather centro's still get used

The 202 still runs every hour to and from Halesowen and Bromsgrove and it always sees 2 royale centro's on it, so people have this option. Maybe with the 007 being withdrawn the 202 could be increased to every 30 minutes as it is quite busy especially Saturdays and I've heard others saying it would be good to increase it but at the moment it never seems to run to it's timetable exactly and is always running around 5 minutes late when I see it and when it gets into Halesowen before time, it pulls out late so I think the timetable needs adjusting.

hartshill busman 724210

Quote from: Mike360 on July 15, 2012, 03:05:35 PM
Quote from: Ash on July 14, 2012, 09:58:01 PM

The 202 still runs every hour to and from Halesowen and Bromsgrove and it always sees 2 royale centro's on it, so people have this option. Maybe with the 007 being withdrawn the 202 could be increased to every 30 minutes as it is quite busy especially Saturdays and I've heard others saying it would be good to increase it but at the moment it never seems to run to it's timetable exactly and is always running around 5 minutes late when I see it and when it gets into Halesowen before time, it pulls out late so I think the timetable needs adjusting.
Kind of underlines my point regarding reliability issues i think.

PM

Ive been on the 004 a total of 15 times since the launch and there have never been more than 4 ppl on the bus at any one given time

Mike360

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2012, 05:09:32 PM
Ive been on the 004 a total of 15 times since the launch and there have never been more than 4 ppl on the bus at any one given time

I agree as when I've seen or been on the 004 not many people are on it. I have boarded the bus from Harborne to Halesowen and have seen no more than 6 people on it with it usually only 3-4 and they usually get off in Quinton and don't travel to Halesowen as I've been to Halesowen on two occasions where I've been the only person on board from four dwellings school. I don't know how popular it is from Halesowen and Merry Hill.

PM

Between Halesowen and Merry Hill it varies-where it copies the 002, it isnt popular and it isnt popular even through places such as Lye. Glad you agree-it isnt busy at all

s94

Any news on this route? I reckon Hansons would give it a go. Would love to have the full 007 to Merry Hill back though that would be very unlikely now with of course the 217 covering the old 007 part from Halesowen to Merry Hill. Diamond really have no success with the 007 it seems as this is their second time on it now, frequently changing since Ludlows was ridden of. :(

Jack Grove

The 007 is a contract, so Diamond have deregistered it in light of the fact that it is up for retender...

vinh1000

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2012, 06:18:28 PM
Between Halesowen and Merry Hill it varies-where it copies the 002, it isnt popular and it isnt popular even through places such as Lye. Glad you agree-it isnt busy at all
Agree here
Been on the whole route in the middle of the day and only myself LOL   :P
This is the same as 123 Blue Diamond from PB>MH it is generally only busy from MH to Blackheath though this service i think is subsidised by Centro
Wonder who will take up 007 now ..

Status   Cancelled
Operator Name   DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD
Service Number(s)   007
Start Point   Halesowen Bus Station
Finish Point   Bromsgrove
Service Type   Normal Stopping
Date Received   27-JUN-2012
Effective Date   01-SEP-2012
TAOs covered by route   West Midland Traffic Area
Local Authorities covered by route   CENTRO<BR>Worcestershire County Council
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)