News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Producing printed timetables for your services.

Started by Bus Man K2, November 27, 2019, 11:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Hello is there anybody on this forum from this company? Only reason I ask is that there are now no timetables available for the services that you operate apart from the 60/61 which is produce under the TfWM scheme. I know you used to produced the 74 timetable (which is now operated by Arriva). Do you produce any timetables that are for the current network of your services? If you do would it be possible to send them to the Coventry Travelshop, please?>

Thank you

Bus Man K2

Stu

I don't think there is anyone from this company active on this forum.

You'd be best off contacting them directly:
https://www.traveldecourcey.com/contact.aspx
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 27, 2019, 11:57:05 AM
Hello is there anybody on this forum from this company? Only reason I ask is that there are now no timetables available for the services that you operate apart from the 60/61 which is produce under the TfWM scheme. I know you used to produced the 74 timetable (which is now operated by Arriva). Do you produce any timetables that are for the current network of your services? If you do would it be possible to send them to the Coventry Travelshop, please?>

Thank you

Bus Man K2
it is my understanding that most operators pay towards the comprehensive timetables produced by TfWM as we have have to approve them at our meetings and as such each operator is included in the relevant as far as I am aware the only timetables not produced by TfWM are for the 125 & 192 which are contained in the Diamond Kidderminster Timetable Booklet curiously there is a TfWM 318 timetable for Kevs but not a 147 no one at TfWM seems to know why!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 03, 2019, 02:38:09 PM
it is my understanding that most operators pay towards the comprehensive timetables produced by TfWM as we have have to approve them at our meetings and as such each operator is included in the relevant as far as I am aware the only timetables not produced by TfWM are for the 125 & 192 which are contained in the Diamond Kidderminster Timetable Booklet curiously there is a TfWM 318 timetable for Kevs but not a 147 no one at TfWM seems to know why!

The 585 & X6 timetables are now not produced by TfWM as they are operated for Warks CC so Warks should produce them however they don't currently. I don't know what Warks are playing at as it's their contracts.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 03, 2019, 02:38:09 PM

Also to my knowledge there is no TfWM produced timetable for the 318 as I keep looking and nothing appears. Lastly they would only produce a leaflet for this route if the operator has paid for it. Which I very much doubt as it's not a TfWM tender anymore. It's a WCC.one.

richardjones210368

Yes I can confirm there is a TfWM 318 leaflet it has always been produced and updated as the service is the only route within the West Midlands County from the Prince of Wales pub to Oldswinford Cross as the cost was revovered from Diamond  I will bring up the non avalibity of the leaflet at the next meeting I attend however I did pick up a copy a few months ago from the rack in Halesowen Bus Station.so will try to find out why you can not obtain one Kevs now operate  TfWM tenders so this should not be an issue.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 03, 2019, 03:51:43 PM
The 585 & X6 timetables are now not produced by TfWM as they are operated for Warks CC so Warks should produce them however they don't currently. I don't know what Warks are playing at as it's their contracts.
Thats beyond me the Coventry bus champions are in charge of that sorry.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 03, 2019, 05:41:27 PM
Yes I can confirm there is a TfWM 318 leaflet it has always been produced and updated as the service is the only route within the West Midlands County from the Prince of Wales pub to Oldswinford Cross as the cost was revovered from Diamond  I will bring up the non avalibity of the leaflet at the next meeting I attend however I did pick up a copy a few months ago from the rack in Halesowen Bus Station.so will try to find out why you can not obtain one Kevs now operate  TfWM tenders so this should not be an issue.

I can alway confirm that a timetable has been produced if it's a major change. I have had conformation from someone who actually produces the timetables. They say a timetable is only produced for an operator change when the original timetable is on low stock or out of stock. In this case it would be the one produced for Hansons I think (if I can remember correctly)!  Normally when an out of area operator starts on the route that was previously operated as a Tendered route (another great example the 39 Woodgate/Quinton-Longbridge service) or the 19 Maypole-Longbridge. The 39 was operated by Igo and the 19 was operated by Diamond but  both are now operated by Kevs it but the Travelshops are still stocking the old edition e.g. Igo (again I think) for the 39 and Diamond for the 19. So I'm supprised if the rack at Halesowen has got the new TfWM produced 318 timetable there. I would understand if it's the black and white photcopy of the timetable but not the actual WMCA edition.

richardjones210368

The copy of the timetable I had for the 318 had Diamond Bus as the operator not Hansons

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 04, 2019, 05:57:38 AM
The copy of the timetable I had for the 318 had Diamond Bus as the operator not Hansons

Thanks for that. I  couldn't remember if it was Hansnons, you've definitely got the knolage of operators more that me!!! I'm more of the timetable/area map/city centre map knolage guy I am. 😁

D10

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 03, 2019, 03:51:43 PM

The X6 wouldn't be a Warwickshire Contract as it doesn't serve any stops within that county, it only serves stops within the West Midlands, Leicestershire and Leicester City

Bus Man K2

Quote from: D10 on December 04, 2019, 09:10:12 PM
The X6 wouldn't be a Warwickshire Contract as it doesn't serve any stops within that county, it only serves stops within the West Midlands, Leicestershire and Leicester City

OK I know that the 585 is a Warks contract. With the X6 though as its a Lescetshire contract which Lescetshire don't produce a timetable for. This is a joke, as a proportion of it's passengers are eldley you'd think they'd produce an upto date timetable.

mikestone

According to VOSA the X6 is commercial.
;
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the  elderly are more conversant with the internet than they are given credit for, and a good proportion of those who aren't wouldn't be any more at home with paper timetables. It would be far better to ensure every stop has a stop specific timetable.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: mikestone on December 05, 2019, 03:59:58 PM
According to VOSA the X6 is commercial.
;
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the  elderly are more conversant with the internet than they are given credit for, and a good proportion of those who aren't wouldn't be any more at home with paper timetables. It would be far better to ensure every stop has a stop specific timetable.

That said  there's still quite a few OAPs and disabled people who like primed editions of the timetables. I'm one of them that like a hard printed timetable not a piddly black and white photocopy or a balck and white printed copy of the timetable. I know most companies now charge for a coloured edition of a timetable but when a company used to produced it for free and then suddenly stopped you can see people's frustration on this matter, and this comapy is one of them. They used to and now they only apparently do copies for their drivers and not paying/elderly customers.

Blueskyebus

Doe s anyone know why Dudley travel shop are not display timetables?
Also does anyone know if them are printing new timetables?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk