News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Whilst turning the corner this evening onto the Stratford Road heading for my bus stop, at first glance I saw what looked like a President coming backwards down the road! At second glance, it was 4068 hooked up backwards to a Mansfield recovery truck. As it passed me, I could see the centre front panel was missing, so not sure if it had been involved in an accident, or whether the panel had been removed in an attempt to get the bus on the truck the other way round (which presumably had failed!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Just passed diamond 20535 broken down on Mill Street Brierley Hill. Its all happening today!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

settlerman

4707 parked Priory Queensway lunch time O/S/R puncture. ATS in attendance fitting new tyres.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

2019 just before Birchley Island I think had expired, not 100% sure what it was doing though would have thought it involved the 126

MrBevan2000

I have been in a few. First was a Plaxton President (unsure of the number) on the 5 (451 at the time) towards Sutton Coldfield which crashed into a car by New Oscott Caused chaos. Second one was an ALX400 (Unsure of the number) on the 900 to Coventry and it broke down not far out from the NEC but in the middle of nowhere. We had to wait 20 minutes for another 900. My Third was on a O405N near New Oscott again on the 451 (now 5) towards West Bromwich and a group of kids throws stones through the window flying glass everywhere and the glass shattered over a group of girls onboard and I found a piece of glass slightly impaled in my head but only slightly pierced the skin and I just pulled it out. 

vinh1000

4899 had a problem so had to be changed with 4445
Not the best change lol :-)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

settlerman

4607 being towed along Moor Street Queensway 11.14 hrs.

nitromatt1

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 09, 2013, 10:20:40 AM

4445 is not a good Trident, had it on the 9 not so long back.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 13, 2013, 03:42:02 PM

I must disagree.

Just got off it on the 63. Fantastic ride. Lovely whine as its cruises, fast pull away, smooth brakes, fast doors.

Only thing is is with the lower saloon windows open, the increased exhaust smoke tends to make its way inside. (The thing was blowing thick blueish/white smoke from exhaust) - but I didn't care. Did from city - Northfield journey in record time.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 13, 2013, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 13, 2013, 03:42:02 PM

I must disagree.

Just got off it on the 63. Fantastic ride. Lovely whine as its cruises, fast pull away, smooth brakes, fast doors.

Only thing is is with the lower saloon windows open, the increased exhaust smoke tends to make its way inside. (The thing was blowing thick blueish/white smoke from exhaust) - but I didn't care. Did from city - Northfield journey in record time.

Buses change I guess, I just remember it sounding a bit dodgy, and not being particularly fast, but you know better! ;)

Niall

TWM livery Trident on the 126 with the bonnet up - just before Bearwood on its way into B'ham around 12ish this afternoon. Don't think it was route branded.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Trident 4609

Quote from: N94 on November 13, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
TWM livery Trident on the 126 with the bonnet up - just before Bearwood on its way into B'ham around 12ish this afternoon. Don't think it was route branded.

Well there are only 2 126 branded tridents left so most likley a unbranded trident

Niall

5421 was sat on Kent Street on the 1 this afternoon. Passed it as I was heading towards Wolverhampton at 1:45, then again as I came back the other way at 3:30. Hazards flashing and not in service. When I saw it the first time the engineering van was parked behind it either just arriving or just leaving. Only the bus was there the second time.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Liverpool Street

4620 totally expired near my daughters house yesterday on Boelyn Road, Rubery.

Engine seemed to of blown up as her street was fogged out with smoke for a good 5mintues. No fire damage by the looks of it. Stinks though.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Nathan4775

Sandwell Travel dart in Bradford place with the bonnet up
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk