News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

One of Diamonds '13 plate B7RLEs hit a bit of trouble near Walsall and caused a quite large traffic jam because of it. It appeared that either the brakes wouldn't release or the gearbox wouldn't get out of neutral as the driver was revving the beans out of it and it refused to budge.

Trident 4609

One I forgot, A driver i know told me when i was on 5511 on the 59 there was a defect woth the hybrid light on the dashboard.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Just spotted 4551 being towed back to depot by Mansfield just after midnight from Dudley bus station, can't be a nice time to breakdown for a driver that one, or passengers as it was probably due to run the last bus of the night

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 08, 2013, 12:28:10 AM
Just spotted 4551 being towed back to depot by Mansfield just after midnight from Dudley bus station, can't be a nice time to breakdown for a driver that one, or passengers as it was probably due to run the last bus of the night

It was broken down in Broad Street not long after 9

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 08, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

Oh right ok then, taken an awful long time to get back, and it still wasn't home when I saw it at quarter past midnight

Mike360

On waiting for the 202 in Halesowen for the 13:25, at 13:45 notified by bus station supervisor that had broken down so people had to wait for the next one at normal time of 14:25. A few annoyed people.
I caught the 002 instead where 2 came together.

nitromatt1

4812 was broken down with bonnet up on Manor Lane towards Birmingham about 5:30pm this afternoon (Tuesday)

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 08, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

Saw it Working the 126 in Wolverhampton late afternoon yesterday

Trident 4609

4017 broken down again in Wolverhampton Bus Station today.  Two days straight! It is on the 59.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 08, 2013, 07:09:17 PM
4017 broken down again in Wolverhampton Bus Station today.  Two days straight! It is on the 59.

Seeming more and more likely I'm going to have to go out and find it pretty quick to get one last ride on it before it's off the road for good, even got a T-shirt with 4017 printed on it!

But it does ask the question, did WN really not have another spare Decker to put out today whilst they just made sure 4017 was repaired properly rather than sending it out obviously still not quite right

Trident 4609

Well as i said the other day The Hybrids Next Stop Announcements fitted so Tridents and Spectras have been covering on the 1 and 59

mranon

did 4017 breakdown with same fault though? they may have repaired yesterdays fault, but is possible a new fault could occur

SMK

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on May 07, 2013, 09:13:41 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 07, 2013, 06:27:57 PM
4017 broke down in Wolverhampton bus station and still there hours later after i saw it. Probably still there as the Masfield truck can't move it

I saw it at about 4, watching the Mansfield guy really struggle.
What route was it on?
When I saw it, it was on stand C, so I'm guessing it was on the 82.
I jumped on the next 82 (a Merc).
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Trident 4609

I believe 4017 was operating the 59 yesterday not the 82 SMK.

JoNi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk