News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2018, 07:24:16 AM
1837 was due to form the 709 11 from Walsall, but bus has overheated already apparantly at 7am in the morning, so its stuck at Bradford Place.

Tellingly 855 turned up from depot for the 719 13, but the ticket machine is playing up. Driver overheard not being impressed!

(Is it an issue with Scanias for overheating, as this is the second since the hot spell started, that Ive been informed of an overheating bus!)

I've seen a fair few overheating myself so I think they are prone to it

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2018, 07:24:16 AM
1837 was due to form the 709 11 from Walsall, but bus has overheated already apparantly at 7am in the morning, so its stuck at Bradford Place.

Tellingly 855 turned up from depot for the 719 13, but the ticket machine is playing up. Driver overheard not being impressed!

(Is it an issue with Scanias for overheating, as this is the second since the hot spell started, that Ive been informed of an overheating bus!)
When I'm down Bradford place there always scanias with there engine off

Dom

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 07, 2018, 11:31:50 AM
When I'm down Bradford place there always scanias with there engine off

And? Drivers are instructed to turn their engines off when on dropback.

Tony

Scanias are remarkably reliable vehicles as proved by Bordesley garage which has the oldest average age of any garage in the company, yet only has 5 engineering spares but still regularly manages to loan a vehicle to PB

Jack

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2018, 01:30:36 PM
Scanias are remarkably reliable vehicles as proved by Bordesley garage which has the oldest average age of any garage in the company, yet only has 5 engineering spares but still regularly manages to loan a vehicle to PB
PB regularly have to loan a vehicle from BY.

Quote from: Dom on August 07, 2018, 12:48:20 PM
And? Drivers are instructed to turn their engines off when on dropback.
Doesn't mean they have too...

Trident 4194

30943 broke down at 6 am this morning in whiteheath, didn't get picked up till 2pm

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 13, 2018, 06:24:16 PM
30943 broke down at 6 am this morning in whiteheath, didn't get picked up till 2pm
what service

Jack

Jack

2246 was broken down at the Wilton Road stop on Stratford Road outbound. Not sure if it's still there.

Trident 4194

Jack

20602 keeps cutting out on the 401E.

MasterPlan

6880 let off all of it's passengers on Smallbrook Queensway earlier, but not sure if it was broken down exactly.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Value branded B7RLE broke down in Halesowen Bus Station.

JoNi

4836 broken down at traffic lights on Sewall Highway waiting to turn right on 6/A. Currently being treated as a roundabout....

Jack

20203 broken down on Stratford Road right before Camp Hill Circus. Bonnet up and driver on phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk