News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 02, 2017, 06:46:52 PM

And?

I admire your brevity, and while I can't stand waffle, a few more details wouldn't go amiss instead of making your usual short posts that don't actually say anything!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on June 02, 2017, 07:21:05 PM
And?

I admire your brevity, and while I can't stand waffle, a few more details wouldn't go amiss instead of making your usual short posts that don't actually say anything!

4425 broken down 2 stops before Quinton church on 140

DJ

Quote from: John on June 02, 2017, 05:42:18 PM
3 breakdowns in 3 days this week, my luck doesn't seem to be in. 4476 packed up on me this afternoon, with some sort of electrical problem. The door button stopped working so had to let people out using the emergency door button, then turned off and isolated the bus, and it wouldn't start again. It started after 5 minutes of turning interior lights and headlights off to not drain the batteries. Then got to the next stop and the exact same thing happened again. Instead it wouldn't restart at all then

Whoah, I was on that bus! Guessed it was a problem with the battery, so wasn't far off. Pretty sure I had you on the way back into Birmingham too. I did come here to post about it, but I guess I was beaten to the punch. I did notice the lights flickering, the destination sign also went off a few times while I was stood outside.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

John

Quote from: DJ98 on June 02, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Whoah, I was on that bus! Guessed it was a problem with the battery, so wasn't far off. Pretty sure I had you on the way back into Birmingham too. I did come here to post about it, but I guess I was beaten to the punch. I did notice the lights flickering, the destination sign also went off a few times while I was stood outside.

You wasn't the lad who got on 7022 back to Town, getting on by McDonalds on Chester Road with someone else? Sure they said its the same driver or something like that

Diamond Redditch 20850 was broken down in Acocks Green on Westley Road by the bowling alley at 15:15 this afternoon, blocking half of the road, half on the pavement, half on the road, it was on the 36.
National Express West Midlands Acocks Green 2204 was also been driven past it at 15:15 by an engineer, making an unusual and loud noise, on its way back to the garage.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

andy41

4503 blocking the Lode Lane / Warwick Rd roundabout in Solihull for nearly two hours this morning, on 72's, which look to be getting the very worst of the influx of PB and WB rejects, no doubt the real reason these routes were split at Chelmsley, as it's another concentration of buses that don't need to take Euro emissions into account. Would appear many of them are not up to the intensity of Chelmsley to Solihull all day though.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: andy41 on June 06, 2017, 10:45:03 PM
4503 blocking the Lode Lane / Warwick Rd roundabout in Solihull for nearly two hours this morning, on 72's, which look to be getting the very worst of the influx of PB and WB rejects, no doubt the real reason these routes were split at Chelmsley, as it's another concentration of buses that don't need to take Euro emissions into account. Would appear many of them are not up to the intensity of Chelmsley to Solihull all day though.

I believe the reason they were split at Chelmsley Wood was due to reliability issues. In relation to the bus, I doubt AG are allocating the recent PB & WB transfers soley for those reasons. I think its a case of, the buses allowed for City Centre services are allocated their and the non City services get the remainder.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

andy41

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 06, 2017, 11:20:42 PM
I believe the reason they were split at Chelmsley Wood was due to reliability issues. In relation to the bus, I doubt AG are allocating the recent PB & WB transfers soley for those reasons. I think its a case of, the buses allowed for City Centre services are allocated their and the non City services get the remainder.

Erm, I think you just agreed with my point!

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on June 06, 2017, 10:45:03 PM

The 72 is nominally a Gemini route, and all non branded Gemini have traps making them euro6, so your conclusion is wrong

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2017, 06:31:13 AM
The 72 is nominally a Gemini route, and all non branded Gemini have traps making them euro6, so your conclusion is wrong
The 1, 11 and 73 are using the B7TL ALX400 routes using the non compliant ex WB deckers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Streetdeck on 9 with hazards on by Wolverhampton road

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 07, 2017, 05:02:02 PM
Streetdeck on 9 with hazards on by Wolverhampton road

None of the StreetDecks have broken down.

Haven't you thought it might be something to do with your other post about the 9 being screwed and a controller has adjusted the driver to fill a gap?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2017, 05:58:06 PM
None of the StreetDecks have broken down.

Haven't you thought it might be something to do with your other post about the 9 being screwed and a controller has adjusted the driver to fill a gap?

Well it did cross my mind that a streetdeck went down mucklows hill presumed it was a different one. @Tony what was the reasons for such severe delays?

andy41

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2017, 06:31:13 AM

It was predominantly ALX's yesterday, 4503 was actually in a minority.

Mike K

4435 being hooked up to an RS truck on Great Charles Street at 5.45 this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk