News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 10, 2014, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on July 10, 2014, 07:16:46 PM
Mansfield are busy...one of their trucks in merry hill

Think National Express should invest in there own breakdown trucks, would save them a fortune,

They had them & got rid of them in favour of sub-contracting out the work back in WMTdays. That said back then, they used to allocate a tow truck to the main garages & specially trained engineers would go out & recover the buses, but obviously would have to drop whatever they were working on at the time.

It's probably more cost effective to call on Mansfield as/when required than to buy recovery trucks & employee a dedicated team to man them for 18-20 hrs a day/7 days a week, more often than not getting paid to sit around waiting for a breakdown to occur.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on July 10, 2014, 09:29:23 AM
1421 is currently at Walsall Bus Station about to depart on the 69

Didn't see this until now, thanks @Nathan. I caught 1421 at 17:40 from Walsall yesterday.

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

trident4370

That is ironic as 4725 was parked up in Balsall Heath an hour ago dead aswell.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

4139 broken down with its hazards on, on Alum Rock Rd just past Burney Lane this afternoon. Was working a City bound 14

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 10, 2014, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on July 10, 2014, 07:16:46 PM
Mansfield are busy...one of their trucks in merry hill

Think National Express should invest in there own breakdown trucks, would save them a fortune,

They had them & got rid of them in favour of sub-contracting out the work back in WMTdays. That said back then, they used to allocate a tow truck to the main garages & specially trained engineers would go out & recover the buses, but obviously would have to drop whatever they were working on at the time.

It's probably more cost effective to call on Mansfield as/when required than to buy recovery trucks & employee a dedicated team to man them for 18-20 hrs a day/7 days a week, more often than not getting paid to sit around waiting for a breakdown to occur.

More likely getting paid for buzzing around like blue arsed flies Winston, judging by the number of Trident and E400 breakdowns reported on here.

Trident 4609

4566 is currently parked overheated at Wolverhampton Bus Station. Its been on 59's today. Been there for atleast 45 mins so i'm told

Stu

Saw a few 'passed out' buses while out and about today; one of WB's Presidents on Kings Road in Kingstanding, and an AG Omnilink on Camp Hill

Oh and a Diamond Dart with the engine hood up in Acocks Green.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

638 is currently parked up at Stand U with 82-Dudley on the blinds so i think its broken down

EDIT: As i started typing this an engineer van pulled up to see to 638

And now one of the engineers has just took it back to garage

Niall

Diamond 30826 (complete with paper route number) broken down at the stop on Spies Lane towards Weoley Castle this morning

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101550299@N05/14472950130/
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

trident4370

A trident gave up yesterday evening by Digbeth Coach Station, completely blocking the lane which the 2/3/5/50 etc.... use to turn right off Digbeth.

Stu

Quote from: trident4370 on July 15, 2014, 10:27:02 AM
A trident gave up yesterday evening by Digbeth Coach Station, completely blocking the lane which the 2/3/5/50 etc.... use to turn right off Digbeth.

I was on the 37 yesterday evening and I heard a call come over the radio alerting drivers about a diversion because of something that had happened outside the 'bus station'. I was sat upstairs so couldn't hear clearly what was being said, but it sounds like the 5 and 31 drivers were asked to go straight onto Bradford Street from the Moat Lane gyratory.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Quote from: Stu on July 15, 2014, 07:05:04 PM

I was on the 37 yesterday evening and I heard a call come over the radio alerting drivers about a diversion because of something that had happened outside the 'bus station'. I was sat upstairs so couldn't hear clearly what was being said, but it sounds like the 5 and 31 drivers were asked to go straight onto Bradford Street from the Moat Lane gyratory.

I heard the callout too but by this time my bus had already got to Kings Heath so must have been a good 20 minutes after it happened!

Ex BC driver

Quote from: trident4370 on July 15, 2014, 07:07:55 PM
Quote from: Stu on July 15, 2014, 07:05:04 PM

I heard the callout too but by this time my bus had already got to Kings Heath so must have been a good 20 minutes after it happened!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk