News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S570

Diamond 30407 looks like it's broke down on Gorsty Hill.

Jack

According to a family member, 4571 was broken down on Stratford Road by Kyotts Lake Road while working an inbound 2. Apparently it caused quite a bit of disruption.

Michael Bevan

4864 and 4868 have both broken down on the Walsall Road within about a mile of each other...4864 has died at the stop by the Old Walsall Road heading towards Walsall, and 4868 has died in the middle lane at the Scott Arms lights heading towards Walsall...

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 03, 2018, 05:58:04 PM
4864 and 4868 have both broken down on the Walsall Road within about a mile of each other...4864 has died at the stop by the Old Walsall Road heading towards Walsall, and 4868 has died in the middle lane at the Scott Arms lights heading towards Walsall...
That will explain the long tail backs to One Stop.

Jack

4274 was being towed on a tow truck earlier in West Bromwich.

Jack6101

4237 broke down on Dudley Road in oldbury near to the Homebase presumed it was on the 87
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Kevin

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 03, 2018, 05:58:04 PM

Sure it was 4864? I caught it 18:25 from Walsall
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

RobQuinton

6101 broke down at 06:00 this morning on the 9, stop before Wolverhampton Rd South going into town. Although the Driver of 2102 going empty to Bearwood offered to carry the passengers to Bearwod, NXWM Control refused to allow him to do this. Obviously in the interests of causing the maximum inconvenience to the largest number of people.

Trident 4194

MW

Straightlines

fleetline6477

Obviously Central Buses never had a vehicle break down!

Jack

Typical Diamond. Looks like they are already being neglected.

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on March 09, 2018, 07:03:54 PM
Typical Diamond. Looks like they are already being neglected.

I'm not sure Diamond can be held accountable for fleet neglect after only a couple of weeks.

And it is an Optare.

MW

Quote from: Mike K on March 09, 2018, 08:57:47 PM
I'm not sure Diamond can be held accountable for fleet neglect after only a couple of weeks.

And it is an Optare.

I've heard this one was already knackered. One of the 16 plate Enviros had an engine warning light buzzing at you when you rev more than 1500rpm. This was the one used on the S1 before Diamond took over. At the time, the driver reckoned that Central aren't bothering with the fleet now that they've sold out. Fair enough, I wouldn't either. But this Optare must be the same case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk