News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rush Hour Overcrowding - Washwood Heath Road

Started by MK, November 16, 2018, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 20, 2018, 10:53:31 AM
There was definitely a 93 a , like I say didn't last long. It was the area when you had central twm spin off also doing a 25 from erdington to  cwood via shard end and even the Walsall 377 going to cwood before the 25 . Very hazy but remember bits and pieces from the 90s

Never a 93a  as far as I remember.  Never more than 1 variant of the 93 at any tjme

Quote from: mrboshell on January 06, 2019, 08:35:59 PM
it's horrible, but it's not as bad as before the x20 came in. During Rush hour, maximum you get is all seats taken. Very rarely you get a standing load.
If as you say, the maximum you get Is all seats taken with no overcrowding, then that would suggest its coping fine to me?
I wouldn't really say its horrible, I can't think of many routes where you wouldn't get a bus with all seats taken during the rush hour.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2019, 08:40:39 PM
Never a 93a  as far as I remember.  Never more than 1 variant of the 93 at any tjme
When Your Bus ran a 92Y from Jewellery Quarter to Shard End via City and Yorks Wood WMT re-routed the 92 away from York's Wood via Lea Ford Road to Chelmsley Wood and was reduced to shopping hours only, also the the 93A was introduced to run to Chelmsley Wood (not serving Kingshurst Way) also running shopping hours only, the 93 continued as normal at all other times. The 92 and 93 reverted to there normal routes when the 92Y was withdrawn. I don't think this arrangement lasted very long.

Brummie45

There was also a 95 that originally ran to Park Hall School via the 590 route. It was then changed to operate to Lanchester Way, Smiths Wood via Water Orion Rd, Green Lane, Windward Way, Arran Way then Auckland Drive.

I remember driving this one day from City and I never carried anyone all the way through. I was stuck behind a 93, 94 and 590.

After that it was withdrawn.

26 was extended to Kingshurst for awhile if anyone remembers that.

Tony I remember the 377 going to C Wood
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 06, 2019, 10:02:10 PM
When Your Bus ran a 92Y from Jewellery Quarter to Shard End via City and Yorks Wood WMT re-routed the 92 away from York's Wood via Lea Ford Road to Chelmsley Wood and was reduced to shopping hours only, also the the 93A was introduced to run to Chelmsley Wood (not serving Kingshurst Way) also running shopping hours only, the 93 continued as normal at all other times. The 92 and 93 reverted to there normal routes when the 92Y was withdrawn. I don't think this arrangement lasted very long.

Agreed

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Brummie45 on January 07, 2019, 05:07:40 AM
There was also a 95 that originally ran to Park Hall School via the 590 route. It was then changed to operate to Lanchester Way, Smiths Wood via Water Orion Rd, Green Lane, Windward Way, Arran Way then Auckland Drive.

I remember driving this one day from City and I never carried anyone all the way through. I was stuck behind a 93, 94 and 590.

After that it was withdrawn.

Tony I remember the 377 going to C Wood

Agreed remember all this makes me feel old. No mobile phones then and the area used to get new buses at the same time as everybody else.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Brummie45 on January 07, 2019, 05:07:40 AM

Yep terminated at the same place as the 54 did. Turned right whereas the 55 turned left at the mini island

monkeyjoe

Is it even worse now with the road works the overcrowding On the 94/55. Still always seem empty when I see them in the hodge hill area

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 18, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
Is it even worse now with the road works the overcrowding On the 94/55. Still always seem empty when I see them in the hodge hill area
Presumably you don't see them during busy times then and presumablyyou don't even use these routes - some journeys during the day certainly can be busy and well loaded, all day weekends and at peak times, usually when I see them they leave the City Centre full and can held full as far as the Fox and Goose.
You can hardley tell how busy a route is from seeing the odd journey at quiet times.

If they weren't busy, then I doubt NX would be operating them at a high every 4 minute frequency between Fox & Goose and City Centre.
I don't ever see one completely empty either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MK

1 of the PB staff has mentioned to me of possible use of a PB bus for a morning peak hour 55 trip into Birmingham before it goes onto the 38.

Any thoughts or knowledge of this, anyone?

monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe

Looking at new timetables look like they have been adjusted to improve reliability from 8/7 mins to 8/9 mins. Good luck using this corridor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk