News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Photo theft

Started by Tony, November 04, 2018, 09:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I notice that someone using the same user name on here as this flikr site. If you are the same person please note that in amongst the 1000 of my photos you have put on your flikr without asking permission it includes some that are copyright of Alexander Dennis which I have used with permission. These need to be removed immediately
https://www.flickr.com/photos/celestialtoymaker/with/45697379731/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 09:55:59 AM
I notice that someone using the same user name on here as this flikr site. If you are the same person please note that in amongst the 1000 of my photos you have put on your flikr without asking permission it includes some that are copyright of Alexander Dennis which I have used with permission. These need to be removed immediately

@Tony have you reported it to Flikr?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 04, 2018, 10:59:21 AM
@Tony have you reported it to Flikr?

Flikr are a pain as they want a report for each individual photograph.

I have reported the first 6

Jay

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 09:55:59 AM

He has got a cheek for taking your photo's when he has put this in About bit on his flickr page "BEWARE PICTURE THIEVES" and he name one person
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

WMT3000

I have noticed the similarity between the name on Flickr and my username on here Tony and can assure you it's nothing to do with me. Several forum members know me personally and will attest that i don't upload any bus photos to the internet for this precise reason (nor am i on facebook, twitter etc as i'm too busy). I can't be bothered with watermarks etc. and unfortunately it seems that any photos are considered fair game nowadays by some unscrupulous people. I'm glad to hear you've reported it Tony - it must me frustrating for you to say the least - particularly with the quality and variety of photos that you've taken over the years. I hope Flickr can do something to stop it happening.

WMT3000

Have just had a quick look through said Flickr page, and my guess would be a 50-something year old probably suffering some degree of mental degradation (without being too unkind), and from the King's Heath area. Oh yeah, and a pervert too. There's pictures relating to Tiswas (i can't imagine anyone who wasn't a child of the 70s would upload this) and a rather worrying "candid" photo of a young lady on the High Street. The photos which look like they are taken by the actual owner of the page are frankly a load of rubbish. Distorted, overexposed and taken on a cameraphone. Now that i've got that off my chest, i'd just like to point out that any slanderous comments, in print, implying that i am a thief will be taken very seriously and will go a lot further, starting with senior management at NXWM. I appreciate that you weren't accusing me Tony, and simply referring to the similarity in usernames, so that is not a problem whatsoever - like i said before, i appreciate your frustration, but i also know what people are like on this forum.

Tony

Quote from: WMT3000 on November 04, 2018, 04:35:37 PM
I have noticed the similarity between the name on Flickr and my username on here Tony and can assure you it's nothing to do with me. Several forum members know me personally and will attest that i don't upload any bus photos to the internet for this precise reason (nor am i on facebook, twitter etc as i'm too busy). I can't be bothered with watermarks etc. and unfortunately it seems that any photos are considered fair game nowadays by some unscrupulous people. I'm glad to hear you've reported it Tony - it must me frustrating for you to say the least - particularly with the quality and variety of photos that you've taken over the years. I hope Flickr can do something to stop it happening.

Hi - No it wasn't you I suspected. There is another member with a user name even closer to the Flikr name

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 04:58:05 PM
Hi - No it wasn't you I suspected. There is another member with a user name even closer to the Flikr name

Their fixed IP location is showing up as 'HARINGEY' London. they have never been online since registering.

WMT3000

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 04:58:05 PM
My bad in that case Tony. I'm actually quite annoyed on your behalf. I enjoy looking at your photos on here and don't like the thought of them being pinched. My second post only referred to potentially slanderous comments in an effort to pre-empt the content of any further discussion. I'm glad that you know it's not me and like i said before, genuinely hope something can be done to stop this!

Stu

This Flickr user used to be known as 'celestialtoymaker' (as seen in the URL link), which rings a bell (apart from being the title of an old Doctor Who serial). Were they a user of the old Fotopic website, or is it just that I've seen that flickr name commenting on other photos before?

Their About Me page certainly makes for some bizarre reading, wonder if this Flickr profile has been hacked?
https://www.flickr.com/people/celestialtoymaker/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on November 04, 2018, 05:55:33 PM
This Flickr user used to be known as 'celestialtoymaker' (as seen in the URL link), which rings a bell (apart from being the title of an old Doctor Who serial). Were they a user of the old Fotopic website, or is it just that I've seen that flickr name commenting on other photos before?

Their About Me page certainly makes for some bizarre reading, wonder if this Flickr profile has been hacked?
https://www.flickr.com/people/celestialtoymaker/

It's interesting because I could swear that page didn't look like that when I clicked on the link that @Tony posted this morning?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

I used to be a big Flickr user maybe 8 years ago. I certainly remember that username. However looking at the link today, I see his on screen name has changed since yesterday. And their current content is nothing like how it used to be. Both in terms of the stolen photos and the badly taken photos of modern vehicles.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on November 05, 2018, 10:00:55 AM
I used to be a big Flickr user maybe 8 years ago. I certainly remember that username. However looking at the link today, I see his on screen name has changed since yesterday. And their current content is nothing like how it used to be. Both in terms of the stolen photos and the badly taken photos of modern vehicles.

He has changed his username for the second time today again!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on November 05, 2018, 02:37:15 PM
He has changed his username for the second time today again!

It's obvious i think that he knows that we know what he has been up to, presumably by reading the forum.

I think you ought to have to sign in before being able to access the forum posts or to look at Tony's pictures, but then i suppose it spoils it for the 99.9% of people who don't want to join but still enjoy the chat and pics.

Dylanbusboy45

Just come across this one on Flickr @Tony
Took screenshots of 6968 and 6969 and posted them 'so more people can see'. Not sure on your views of people doing this - they're not claiming them as their own at least
https://www.flickr.com/photos/171019999@N03/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk