News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum suggestions

Started by l.murphy123, July 10, 2018, 12:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 24, 2018, 11:39:25 PM
Still not been yet!

On that note I've done another 4M since my last comment and it should deffo be a platinum!
Yes I think so but the low bridge where they come from the garage is two low for deckers

DJ

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 24, 2018, 11:42:07 PM
Yes I think so but the low bridge where they come from the garage is two low for deckers

From what I've heard, there is a low bridge near the garage which is on the usual route that buses take from there to and from Bradford Place, so any deckers would have to take a different route.

Still, if the 4/4H/4M were to go Platinum at some point, they could always go back to being ran by WB, that or NXWM could introduce some sort of single decker Platinum.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

l.murphy123

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 25, 2018, 12:44:19 AM
From what I've heard, there is a low bridge near the garage which is on the usual route that buses take from there to and from Bradford Place, so any deckers would have to take a different route.

Still, if the 4/4H/4M were to go Platinum at some point, they could always go back to being ran by WB, that or NXWM could introduce some sort of single decker Platinum.

Its already like a Tesco value single decker platinum as it has next stop announcements, featuring the worlds most bored man lol
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

DJ

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 25, 2018, 12:50:04 AM
Its already like a Tesco value single decker platinum as it has next stop announcements, featuring the worlds most bored man lol

I do think the addition of WiFi and plug sockets would be good for the 4M, especially for anyone who uses the route end to end, but then again, surely going to Cradley Heath from Merry Hill, changing for either a train or the 51/X51 in Brum would be quicker if you time it right. I doubt many people in Walsall would want to get to Merry Hill though when they can get to the Bullring a lot easier by train or on a variety of Platinum buses already, but I'm no expert, and I'm sure NX and TfWM have people on the books whose job it is to know these things, so I'll trust their judgement.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 25, 2018, 06:47:09 AM
I do think the addition of WiFi and plug sockets would be good for the 4M, especially for anyone who uses the route end to end, but then again, surely going to Cradley Heath from Merry Hill, changing for either a train or the 51/X51 in Brum would be quicker if you time it right. I doubt many people in Walsall would want to get to Merry Hill though when they can get to the Bullring a lot easier by train or on a variety of Platinum buses already, but I'm no expert, and I'm sure NX and TfWM have people on the books whose job it is to know these things, so I'll trust their judgement.
It doesn't mean that everyone is going from Walsall to Merry Hill.
Just because a route goes from one place to anothther doesn't mean thats the only journey that people make.
Eg just because the 126 goes from Birmingham to Wolverhampton doesn't mean everybody is going from Birmingham to Wolverhampton. There are lots of people on the 126 making smaller more local journey
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk