News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: BBS on January 29, 2024, 12:00:52 AMExactly, those routes tend to have omnilinks on there frequently, AGs 4/4A commonly has platinums on there, both 67** series and the ex Coventry batch.
As do all of AG's Decker routes so that means they should all have them not just the 4/4A.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on January 28, 2024, 09:45:42 PMYou can say that but YW did it for the 2 and 3.
At the time, I believe there were plans to have Platinums on those routes as part of a Stratford Road 'upgrade', hence why AG had Platinums for the 5 in the first place.

Those plans ended up 'shelved' when Bordesley garage closed, and the 2 and 3 ended up with OmniLinks instead.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

The platinum I had on the 9 today had updated NSA   library metro 

Wba_lad

Quote from: karl724223 on January 29, 2024, 02:03:11 PMThe platinum I had on the 9 today had updated NSA  library metro
I've got a photo of you today, PM me on Facebook mate I'll send it across to you, nice to see you. 👍

BBS

What garages are still remaining to get the new update?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

mesub

I think it's only BC and PB at the moment.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BBS

QuoteI think it's only BC and PB at the moment.
Yardley woods got it, pensnett, Wolverhampton, not sure about Walsall & WB. I'm sure AG hasn't got it too
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Wba_lad

I went on a Walsall bus the other day on the X51 to Cannock it still had old style announcements maybe this is just a one off but it didn't have new announcements I can't remember which bus it was now of the top of my head.

mesub

Quote from: BBS on April 01, 2024, 12:01:59 AMYardley woods got it, pensnett, Wolverhampton, not sure about Walsall & WB. I'm sure AG hasn't got it too

Don't they still have the "old" style rear destination display on the platinums though? (i.e., with via xxxx).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Stu

Has the issue with the 'new' NSA displays been resolved now?

Travelled home on 6917 on the 3 just now and the displays were staying on. Announcing and displaying the correct new stop names, so not old programming.

My locals:

mesub

Quote from: Stu on April 04, 2024, 07:16:18 PMHas the issue with the 'new' NSA displays been resolved now?

Travelled home on 6917 on the 3 just now and the displays were staying on. Announcing and displaying the correct new stop names, so not old programming.

It's resolved but some buses at BC haven't had this fix applied.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

MasterPlan

Just been on 6885 and it seems like the NSA has already been updated to reflect the bus stop changes in City Centre as it says Albert Street and not Priory Queensway.

That's the quickest I've ever seen it done!
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on April 04, 2024, 07:16:18 PMHas the issue with the 'new' NSA displays been resolved now?

Quote from: mesub on April 04, 2024, 10:10:07 PMIt's resolved but some buses at BC haven't had this fix applied.
To answer my own question, maybe not. Travelled home on E014 on the 2 this evening, and that still has displays that go blank.

Perhaps it is because 6917 is a recent arrival on loan from Pensnett, so would have received any updated programming.

My locals:

frostjay974

Coventry NSAs still cutting off 

Stu

Bus Users UK has published a Quick Guide to the recently announced Accessible Information Regulations.
The Regulations will come into force fully by 2031 and will make bus services more accessible to people with disabilities and improve the journey for everyone.
During the phased implementation, passengers will be able to expect clear audio and visual announcements alerting them to next stops, diversions and the final destination.
https://bususers.org/uncategorised/guide-to-accessible-information-regulations/

In a nutshell:
- Vehicles first used in public service after 1st October 2019 will be required to provide audio/visual announcements from 1st October 2024.
- Vehicles first used in public service between 1st October 2014 and 30th September 2019 will be required to provide announcements from 1st October 2025
- Vehicles first used in public service between 1st January 1973 and 30th September 2014 will be subject to these regulations from 1st October 2026

QuoteInformation must be made available directly to passengers in audio and visual form and not through a phone or mobile device.
It must include:
- the route of the vehicle and direction of travel
- stopping places on the route
- diversion alerts
- whether the vehicle is being used on a hail and ride route
- a notification that the vehicle has reached its final destination.
Audio and visual information must be consistent.

In the case of NX Bus, since October 2019 they've only been buying vehicles with the necessary equipment already installed.
By my estimates, from October 2014 to 2019, the only vehicles that weren't delivered with this equipment would have been the Enviro200 MMCs and the non-Platinum Enviro400 MMCs.

I guess someone at NX is going to be busy getting all the stop announcements recorded for every route!

My concern is how this will impact on smaller independent operators, and whether there will be funding available to help towards the cost of retrofitting buses with the NSA equipment.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk