News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Price Changes 2018

Started by Jack D, December 08, 2017, 11:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: :D on December 16, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
Can we clarify whether the £1 fare includes disabled concessionary holders?

I personally think the £1 fare is a good move, especially for the disabled mainly because it encourages them to use bus when they would be driving instead.

The choice between paying £30 a month for pre-9:30 bus pass or driving a car that costs more but is far more convenient, I know fair a few who choose the latter.

Also, not many don't travel during peak period often enough either, so they pay full adult fare instead of discounted £30 for the bus pass.

Buses are going to run already, so it recoups the missed opportunity cost. I'm sure having an extra or two passengers per bus during peak time wouldn't ruin anything.
Yes, it does.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: :D on December 16, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
Buses are going to run already, so it recoups the missed opportunity cost. I'm sure having an extra or two passengers per bus during peak time wouldn't ruin anything.

Lol, I can tell you haven't caught a rush hour bus for a while
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 03:32:47 PM
Lol, I can tell you haven't caught a rush hour bus for a while
On the 11C they're heavily overcrowded in the peak, to many people got on at the Swan on 4517 at about 08:20 on Thursday, the driver had to sit there and turn the engine of because to many got on and was saying he's not going anywhere till people get off, sat there for a while and nobody got of, he then told everyone they have to get of, he said something about it being broke down, he then carried on a 11E to Selly Oak.

The same driver on Friday on 4644 had to drive past every stops through Yardley and Acocks Green, not stopping at the Yew Tree and the Swan as well as the bus was overcrowded.

I've seen Social Travel KV03ZFS with full standing loads as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

paul0147

Given it a couple of weeks before posting but, does anyone have any information about this new 4 week subscription via website thing at £59.95 NXWM advertised in the 2018 price changes. I can't seem to find anything in the the fares sections, and all it says is £62.50. Am I mins-understanding this or being blind as a bat. Many thanks in advance for any help given.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk