News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WINTER 2017-2018 - Snow Service Updates

Started by Dom, December 08, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Westy on March 03, 2018, 12:00:14 AM
Lets face it.

Its a lot better in the social media era of National Express than it would have been in the prehistoric era of Wmpte!

By the way, did all the travel shops shut early at 4pm?

If WMPTE ran them now theyd probably be online lol

Jack

Quote from: Dom on March 03, 2018, 02:06:27 PM
Yes I am aware, that was simply a mistake. The X10 has been running all morning.
It's suspended again now.

ARBB

Quote from: Jack on March 03, 2018, 10:12:30 PM
It's suspended again now.

All Pensnett services continued to run through the night, 244 wasn't serving Wisley Way and Rilstone Road. Everything else ran. Buses started leaving the garage shortly after 6am yesterday morning. 

Kevin

Noticed some inconsistencies yesterday
Per example: The 121 I caught was diverted via the main Birmingham New Road instead of Tower Road and Oakham, as per online notice saying City Road and Oakham Road unusable ... But that same online list mentioned nothing of the 120 which uses specifically those two roads
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on March 04, 2018, 01:43:58 PM
Noticed some inconsistencies yesterday
Per example: The 121 I caught was diverted via the main Birmingham New Road instead of Tower Road and Oakham, as per online notice saying City Road and Oakham Road unusable ... But that same online list mentioned nothing of the 120 which uses specifically those two roads

I think to be honest, the odd error is to be expected, especially with the sheer amount of diversions that were in place.

Kevin

Quote from: Dom on March 04, 2018, 01:48:18 PM
I think to be honest, the odd error is to be expected, especially with the sheer amount of diversions that were in place.

Fair,
But I would have thought that sort of list would be populated on a "this road is not usable therfore these routes are affected" basis
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JoNi

We live in a world that has rightly come to expect uptodate information available instantly now that the technology provides the potential to deliver it. My experiences over the past week shows many West Midlands bus operators fail to appreciate disruption from a passengers perspective. A regular user wants to know if there journey is affected. There should be a complete list of the current status of all services, which in this age of alliance should be provided  by TfWM provided by social media. The peacemeal manner of information (de courcey states all services are being withdrawn this evening!) provides an ideal opportunity to learn and improve. Lothian promised an update at 14:00 and dead on time it arrived! http://lothianbuses.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com and has been subsequently updated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk