News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum Rant

Started by MW, November 18, 2017, 01:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Anyone seen this? At a guess it's a PN/WA/WN one due to the accent?

karl724223

Anyone seen this? At a guess it's a PN/WA/WN one due to the accent?
not pn

BN

Dom

Gareth

I makes for very uncomfortable viewing.
Working with the public every day, I'd love to be able to scream and shout at the idiotic, the wrongdoers and those who think they're above the rules. Sadly I can't, and even sadder is the probable outcome surrounding this video.

monkeyjoe

WMT3000

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 18, 2017, 08:32:05 AM
Did he keep his job ?
Personally i hope he did. I'm sick of this weak society where the person who is in the right is seen to be in the wrong because he raised his voice. It's absolutely pathetic. The driver was quite reserved in my opinion. I would have delivered a few more home truths!

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 18, 2017, 08:32:05 AM
Did he keep his job ?
Hopefully yes. It's extremely annoying when people refuse to pay, it does stress drivers out I guess. But punching the bus and scaring the people was out of order. But he shouldn't of got out of the cab.

John

Sayeed

Quote from: B.C Driver on November 15, 2013, 02:37:24 AM
Another one is to switch off the engine and explain to them in a slightly raised voice that "you're holding up the bus and all these people want to get home". that usually gets the other passengers on your side.

Can drivers still use this type of tactic?
Век живи - век учись

DJ

Quote from: Sayeed on November 18, 2017, 10:40:45 AM
Can drivers still use this type of tactic?

I presume so, had it happen earlier this year on the WA11/13 when I was still at college, a guy got on without a valid ticket so the driver turned the engine off and contacted the depot, who I presume in turn would have contacted the police. He got off after 5 minutes or so, presumably after either realising it wasn't going anywhere, or after the collective pressure of a bus full of annoyed passengers got too much for him.  :D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: John on November 18, 2017, 09:30:20 AM
He is retiring this week

Of his own accord, or 'persuaded' by the management?

Even if you didn't agree with his method, there are some right dingbats that catch the bus, that think they are above rules & regulations!

(How far can I go with this post without singling out certain sections of society, but it always seems to be those people?)

karl724223

The number one mistake he made was. He got out his cab to Doris

John

Quote from: Westy on November 18, 2017, 02:26:04 PM
Of his own accord, or 'persuaded' by the management?

Even if you didn't agree with his method, there are some right dingbats that catch the bus, that think they are above rules & regulations!

(How far can I go with this post without singling out certain sections of society, but it always seems to be those people?)

Of his own accord

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: John on November 18, 2017, 05:39:31 PM
Of his own accord

I suppose he had nothing to lose then !

I admire the fact that he chased up the ticket with the lady. His loud nature shall we say may have been questionable but he attempted reinforce entry policy. The offending lady just went in and sat down was acting like she was a victim.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk