News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I bet all these people moaning would have moaned if this was the age of creating the original series of 3xx, 4xx and 5xx numbers
To me, it creates a simpler more local feel to the areas in question, the fact that the 126 isn't now changing is rather annoying actually
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Out of curiosity wonder how many people/kids on this forum filled out the consultation forms for the brum/Dudley planned changes when it was running
Also wonder how many have or are going to complain to nx when all the changes are complete
Or are you just going to bally ache on this forum

Stu

Quote from: Bus1237 on August 05, 2018, 01:58:22 PM
To have 4 number 6's is ludicrous, it just causes unnecessary confusion?

If the simplifying of numbers was really causing as much confusion as is often claimed, it would have been stopped after the Wolverhampton review, which I believe from memory was the first area to do so?

If the four 6s all operated in the same area, then yes there would be grounds for confusion. But if you lived in Wolverhampton, you'd have to be a special kind of silly to confuse that with the 6 in Birmingham, for example.
Quote from: Kevin on August 05, 2018, 04:57:50 PM
I bet all these people moaning would have moaned if this was the age of creating the original series of 3xx, 4xx and 5xx numbers
To me, it creates a simpler more local feel to the areas in question, the fact that the 126 isn't now changing is rather annoying actually

I agree, I can imagine the comments in a similar vein: "why 328 or 512? Can't they make the route numbers more simple?"  ;D

Quote from: karl724223 on August 05, 2018, 05:05:16 PM
Out of curiosity wonder how many people/kids on this forum filled out the consultation forms for the brum/Dudley planned changes when it was running
Also wonder how many have or are going to complain to nx when all the changes are complete

I only take part in consultations when they directly affect me, as I don't think it would be right for me to make comments or suggestions regarding services I don't use regularly. Changes should be influenced by passengers who use those services frequently, for travelling to work, school, hospital or shopping.

I posted the details of the Dudley review consultation on my Facebook page on 29th May. Facebook tells me that post reached 15476 people, and it was shared 150 times.

I had lots of negative comments following the East Birmingham/North Solihull review, as well as the recent South Birmingham review. I expect lots once I post the Dudley review changes.

The truth is that change has to happen. Most people adapt to the changes easily, some moan at first and then get used to them.

Now, I'm off to sit in a dark corner and start to chant to myself "the 120 is becoming the 12"... just so I don't get confused come September!  :D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Very good point Karl.

I'm more concerned with the actual route changes rather than the fact that the 129 is becoming the 13B.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Bus1237 on August 05, 2018, 01:58:22 PM
Yes, but you can still have consecutive numbers without repeating? To have 4 number 6's is ludicrous, it just causes unnecessary confusion? It makes sense, but why is it any more beneficial to use lower numbers, as opposed to 127 etc? It is much more distinctive for passengers to have more memorable numbers rather than close together low numbers. And also, you generally aren't going to get many tourists in Sparkbrook, so isn't it much easier to keep the numbers as they are because locals already know them as they are.

Also, what is the point in having A or B after a number? It leads passengers to think that they run practically the same route, when some do but others don't. Can't they just use consecutive numbers like they're so keen on doing? 45 and 47 run very similar routes but have different numbers, but 4 and 4A go to completely different destinations, yet they sound as if they are nearly the same.
Theres no need for stupid simplication as all it does it create confusion. Why do the numbers seriously need renumbering when the current numbers are fine as they're? That's what annoys me. I don't agree with A added to numbers either. An example would be the 52 and 52A, I lost count to how many got confused with with these numbers. 52A could of been a 53. Then it would be the 52 and 53 (if still running). There would be no people constantly asking (does the A go here or there)? Separated numbers would mean hardly any confusion. Or people getting on the wrong bus.

There was also a 28, 28A and 28B as well as the 28E at one point.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on August 05, 2018, 07:59:33 PM
Theres no need for stupid simplication as all it does it create confusion. Why do the numbers seriously need renumbering when the current numbers are fine as they're? That's what annoys me. I don't agree with A added to numbers either. An example would be the 52 and 52A, I lost count to how many got confused with with these numbers. 52A could of been a 53. Then it would be the 52 and 53 (if still running. There would be no people constantly asking (does the A go here or there)? Separated numbers would mean hardly any confusion.

There was also a 28, 28A and 28B as well as the 28E at one point.

I still have no clue what the difference between the 48 and 48A

Mike K

A bus forum is for discussion and debate about buses and bus routes is it not? It would be a pretty crap forum if everyone agreed on everything and collectively congratulated NX on the outcome of every review. I responded to the South Birmingham review as it directly affected me. Whilst I have offered my thoughts on what I consider daft route number changes which are just change for the sake of change, I personally couldn't give a monkey's about any other aspect of the Dudley review.

sonic84

Based on the draft dudley proposals the main areas left without a service appear to be Bell End from the withdrawal of the 127 but the amended 241 direct along Oldbury Road. Also the 129 Merry Hill to Blackheath section.

I can only imagine that TfWM could cover this by making amendments to the 24 route. What do we all think?

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on August 05, 2018, 08:16:36 PM
Based on the draft dudley proposals the main areas left without a service appear to be Bell End from the withdrawal of the 127 but the amended 241 direct along Oldbury Road. Also the 129 Merry Hill to Blackheath section.

I can only imagine that TfWM could cover this by making amendments to the 24 route. What do we all think?

I would like to see some timetables on NWM to be honest

Dom

Quote from: sonic84 on August 05, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

The 14 is going along Bell End.

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2018, 08:32:14 PM
I would like to see some timetables on NWM to be honest

Information will be out soon enough.

winston

How do Diamond's tendered services 12 (Blackheath - Cradley Heath), 13 & 14 fit in to all this re-numbering?

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2018, 08:01:00 PM
I still have no clue what the difference between the 48 and 48A

It's really not that difficult.

The 48A serves more of Warley & along the Abbey Road and terminates in Bearwood, the 48 route is unchanged to QE then to Northfield
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Straightlines

Quote from: Dom on August 05, 2018, 08:46:09 PM
Information will be out soon enough.

What's 'Soon enough' ?

It's less than 4 weeks away! 

PinkBus

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 05, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
Are we really suggesting we can't adjust to a number change?

You obviously can, I can but there will be a lot of people who can't for various reasons. There's a good saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", which I think applies to these services.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk