News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

To be fair I can understand the 12 and 12A given the routes are quite similar. I think 13 and 13A suggests the two routes are more similar than they are which could be confusing.

Dom

Quote from: sonic84 on August 03, 2018, 09:14:04 PM
To be fair I can understand the 12 and 12A given the routes are quite similar. I think 13 and 13A suggests the two routes are more similar than they are which could be confusing.

And the 13B.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 03, 2018, 09:21:31 PM
What's the 13B?

The current 129 route between Birmingham and Blackheath

Mike K

I find it absurd when there are loads of unused numbers across the network, they are resorting to using A and even B suffixes on routes. A very minor variation on a route, fair enough, but no reason whatsoever to be using route numbers like 13B.

Westy

Is the varitation on the Walsall to Dudley corridor small enough to change the existing 13 to 11a?

(Surprised no one asked for the 11's to be rerouted back through Tipton, now the level crossing has been shut?)

CL

Quote from: Mike K on August 03, 2018, 09:32:56 PM
I find it absurd when there are loads of unused numbers across the network, they are resorting to using A and even B suffixes on routes. A very minor variation on a route, fair enough, but no reason whatsoever to be using route numbers like 13B.
I loved it when Travel West Midlands ran regional route numbers. Made life much, much simpler, in my opinion. Renumbering seems like such a farce. Huh, I guess I am against most of these changes because of nostalgia. :P Supposed NX changes these for a *number* of reasons; no pun intended.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: CL on August 04, 2018, 05:45:46 PM
I loved it when Travel West Midlands ran regional route numbers. Made life much, much simpler, in my opinion. Renumbering seems like such a farce. Huh, I guess I am against most of these changes because of nostalgia. :P Supposed NX changes these for a *number* of reasons; no pun intended.

I agree with you so your not the only one. Having only 1 number 1 route in the region is simpler but if people are staying in one area I guess it doesn't make a difference

DJ

Quote from: Westy on August 04, 2018, 04:43:57 PM
Is the varitation on the Walsall to Dudley corridor small enough to change the existing 13 to 11a?

(Surprised no one asked for the 11's to be rerouted back through Tipton, now the level crossing has been shut?)

That portion of the route is partly covered by the 42's that extend to Dudley though, so there isn't much demand for it. I wouldn't want the 11's to be rerouted, but that's just because it'd mean I'd only have the 11A every 20 mins rather than both routes at every 10 mins combined.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

D10

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 04, 2018, 07:35:13 PM
I agree with you so your not the only one. Having only 1 number 1 route in the region is simpler but if people are staying in one area I guess it doesn't make a difference

It is actually simpler in this age of online info to have unique route numbers. Put the 246 into Nxbus.co.uk. and you get one result, soon with the new 6 there will be 4 routes. And as for other websites there are already 14 route 6s on Network West Midlands, and as for TravelineMidlands, well I gave up counting!  >:(

Jack

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 04, 2018, 07:35:13 PM
I agree - there's no need for all this simplifying it equals confusion.

Sh4318

Are we still complaining about renumbering? Really?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Mike K

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 04, 2018, 10:19:20 PM
Are we still complaining about renumbering? Really?

Well yes - and with valid reason in some cases. The more it spreads with each review, the more repeated service numbers you get, and if someone does search for a National Express route 6, it is confusing that there are so many of them. And as for 13, 13A and 13B, in what way is that making things simpler?

Sh4318

Quote from: Mike K on August 04, 2018, 11:05:00 PM
Well yes - and with valid reason in some cases. The more it spreads with each review, the more repeated service numbers you get, and if someone does search for a National Express route 6, it is confusing that there are so many of them. And as for 13, 13A and 13B, in what way is that making things simpler?

You get repeated numbers in other areas, and they seem to cope.

I don't see how that's confusing at all, people seem to manage fine with the 4, 4H, 4M. Obviously they've been combined because they will share the same route between Birmingham & the Warley George
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4194

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 05, 2018, 12:55:06 AM
You get repeated numbers in other areas, and they seem to cope.

I don't see how that's confusing at all, people seem to manage fine with the 4, 4H, 4M. Obviously they've been combined because they will share the same route between Birmingham & the Warley George

That's because the H used to stand for Halesowen the M for merry hill, it's quite easy to understand and prior to this there was the 404*(cue letter) what does the A and B suffix stand for?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk