News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus crime stats

Started by monkeyjoe, October 22, 2018, 05:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/exposed-figures-reveal-birminghams-most-14822739

Never realised these stats had been published. I have had any issues when I used to use the 50 and 94, how things have changed. Might pipe down on why ex LH routes never get any new investment.

SK68MEV

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 22, 2018, 05:36:26 PM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/exposed-figures-reveal-birminghams-most-14822739

Never realised these stats had been published. I have had any issues when I used to use the 50 and 94, how things have changed. Might pipe down on why ex LH routes never get any new investment.
the 50 wasn't ex lee hall the 94 was I think the 50 was a ex bc
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Its not just the 50, 94, 11 and any other routes they mention in that article, all busy main road routes have trouble.
Even the X2 and 72 in Solihull - which some on here would probably say is a nice area. The X2 in paticular has had a lot of investment in recent years. Recently when i've been using the X2, i've seen tonnes of faredogers on these routes on a regular basis.

I use the X2 and 11 daily and recently, I've seen tonnes of incidents on the X2 and 72. Yet rather few on the 11, in comparison.
An example - A gang of youths using out of date ticket on 4530 on the 72 service in Solihull at 14:30 today, slamming on the the assualt screen agressively and refusing to pay.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Hammad on October 22, 2018, 05:39:13 PM
the 50 wasn't ex lee hall the 94 was I think the 50 was a ex bc

I wasn't referring to the 50 as ex LH but thanks fella.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on October 22, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
Its not just the 50, 94, 11 and any other routes they mention in that article, all busy main road routes have trouble.
Even the X2 and 72 - the X2 has had a lot of investment in recent years. Yet the drivers on that route in Solihull - what some on here would probably say is a nice area, yet recently when i've been using the X2, i've seen faredogers on these routes on a regular basis.
I use the X2 and 11 daily and recently, I've seen tonnes of incidents on the X2 and 72. Yet very few on the 11.
An example - A gang of youths using out of date ticket on 4530 on the 72 service in Solihull at 14:30 today, slamming the assualt screen agressively and refusing to pay.

I know just bored got a big presentation to write, want to generate some discussion.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 22, 2018, 05:51:54 PM

I know just bored got a big presentation to write, want to generate some discussion.

I saw that article a while back, interesting that the 11 appears three times in the top 10! (as 11, 11A and 11C)

Yet the 74 is number 4 on the list, which a number of forum members seem to perceive to be the 'worst route' because of the 'rough areas' it goes through.

While the number 1 result, the 50, goes through some 'nice' leafy suburbs like Moseley and Kings Heath.

It's probably also important to put these figures into context, it looks like the total number of crimes committed over a three year period, also consider the frequency of these services and the number of passengers carried. Also it is worth considering where on the route these incidents took place.

There's a picture being painted that says to people "bus travel isn't safe", which isn't true. Yes, incidents do happen, and they can happen anywhere on the network. Hundreds of thousands of bus journeys pass without incident.

For the record, yes I have travelled on all the routes in this top ten, and I have personally never encountered or been involved in any particularly unsavoury incident, apart maybe from the one time a group of girls started scrapping on the 11A one Sunday evening.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Lol why have they put 11 Outer Circle, 11A Outer Circle & 11C Outer Circle?

Anyway, that list isn't surprising in the least.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

I would have to agree, nothing on that list comes as a surprise, I reckon I could have named most of those myself.

I lived on the 50 route for ten years and used it daily Mon-Fri, and whilst I saw no significant crimes, the levels of anti-social behaviour made it an often thoroughly unpleasant route to travel on.

monkeyjoe

Then after reading that there is a video of an old man being beaten after getting in a row on the 50 and people just standing around filming; so glad I don't have to use buses any more.

I love Walsall buses

Avidly who used to got to my primary said she was scared to go to the top deck of a decker because she saw a sexual crime and then her mom told the driver then threatened the whole family I think she said they told her to "f*** off and I will find u and kill ur Whole family

Sorry for the bad language if someone edites my post to make it more appropriate ur more and welcome to

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk