News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Westy

How do I comment on the 11/ 13?

Doesn't seem to be a specific option!

the trainbasher

I've put my tuppence haypennyworth in and given my views, such as suggesting a split of the 81/X96/276 to improve reliability and sending 255 full trips direct via Bromley (Avoiding Tiled House Lane).

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Westy on September 29, 2017, 08:00:50 PM
How do I comment on the 11/ 13?

Doesn't seem to be a specific option!

The North of Dudley survey.

Comment in the first section regarding the network of services serving North Dudley inc Tipton

Stuharris 6360

Why don't NX do these surveys properly, ie: firstly ask people about there experiences about transport in the affected area, and what they would like to see. Then when the survey is closed, go away and come back with some proposals for comment upon.

This way they are saying we want your input but actually we want to do this and this.

I think my way would get more replies as the way NE do it, people will think , well they already decided what they want to do, what is the point in replying?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 29, 2017, 08:05:05 PM
I've put my tuppence haypennyworth in and given my views, such as suggesting a split of the 81/X96/276 to improve reliability and sending 255 full trips direct via Bromley (Avoiding Tiled House Lane).

Are you serious?! Split the 81? People like myself who finish work at Merry Hill at 10pm would then have no direct route back home. Roseville would also lose its direct link with merry hill which it’s had since 2007(iirc) through the 283 and 583.

The X96 nor 276  hardly suffers with reliability, unless there is a reason, such as roadworks, diversions etc.

You live on the 226 route, so I don’t get how those routes affect you anyway. Thanks for your pointless and uneducated opinions!

This is why these consultations shouldn’t happen IMO.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on September 29, 2017, 09:01:11 PM
Are you serious?! Split the 81? People like myself who finish work at Merry Hill at 10pm would then have no direct route back home. Roseville would also lose its direct link with merry hill which it's had since 2007(iirc) through the 283 and 583.

The X96 nor 276  hardly suffers with reliability, unless there is a reason, such as roadworks, diversions etc.

This is why these consultations shouldn't happen IMO.

Oh yes they do, especially towards Christmas, X96/276 being turned at Stourbridge due to late running, leaving significant gaps in service between Stourbridge and Norton/Wollaston.

IMO they should bring back the old 289/90 service so that the 276/X96 can terminate at Stourbridge.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 29, 2017, 09:07:55 PM
Oh yes they do, especially towards Christmas, X96/276 being turned at Stourbridge due to late running, leaving significant gaps in service between Stourbridge and Norton/Wollaston.

IMO they should bring back the old 289/90 service so that the 276/X96 can terminate at Stourbridge.

Oh yes, let's change a service so because of 1 month a year! Also bit hypocritical from you, considering you slate NX about splitting services so people end up paying more?

By that logic, lets split every route, tell me a route that doesn't get affected around Christmas for christ sake!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on September 29, 2017, 09:11:34 PM
Oh yes, let's change a service so because of 1 month a year! Also bit hypocritical from you, considering you slate NX about splitting services so people end up paying more?

@Dom, why always the attitude, everybody is entitled to there own views. Personally i have waited for services to show in Stourbridge for Norton before now and have waited and waited and waited while 276E after 276E comes and turns around.

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 29, 2017, 09:19:47 PM
@Dom, why always the attitude, everybody is entitled to there own views. Personally i have waited for services to show in Stourbridge for Norton before now and have waited and waited and waited while 276E after 276E comes and turns around.

Because it's either hypocritical or illogical. I know for a fact, you wouldn't see 2 276E's for Stourbridge in a row, 9/10 they only get adjusted if there is two together.

V89MOA

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 29, 2017, 09:07:55 PM
Oh yes they do, especially towards Christmas,
Doesn't that happen anyway though? Birmingham is an absolute nightmare towards Christmas!

the trainbasher

Are you serious?! Split the 81? People like myself who finish work at Merry Hill at 10pm would then have no direct route back home. Roseville would also lose its direct link with merry hill which it's had since 2007(iirc) through the 283 and 583.

Yet it was fine before 2008.

With the 81 you have traffic out of Wolverhampton as well as Merry Hill screwing things up, that is why I am in favour of a 283 (random number picked out of my head) running Merry Hill - Wrens Nest, replacing the X96 round Wrens Nest and the 81 between Merry Hill and Dudley.

So you think it is acceptable to have to wait 45-60 minutes for a bus from work at Christmas or whenever Merry Hill is up the crapper? No thank you. What is needed is the X96 to go back to its roots as a Stourbridge - Dudley limited stop service, with it running limited stop along the Amblecote Road in the daytime (maybe number it 96 during the evenings as it would call at all stops during those times. You have the Diamond services running all stops on the Amblecote Road twice an hour during the day so there would be no detriment to passengers.

The 276 has several pinch points, that is why I suggested splitting it at Stourbridge with Wollaston and Norton getting a local service (with them terminating at Stourbridge Junction as opposed to Stourbridge Interchange in order to connect as well with local mainline rail services)

You live on the 226 route, so I don't get how those routes affect you anyway. Thanks for your pointless and uneducated opinions!

This is why these consultations shouldn't happen IMO.

Yeah, but I did make what I think are valid suggestions. Plus the 276/X96 would affect me should Uber lose their licence in the midlands, as half of the forum want them to for no good reason, as they are the only buses that would be viable to
get me home. Personally though I would kind of be in favour of a Merry Hill - Stourbridge service that ran via Wordsley, such as what MRW ran up until 2001, and not like Diamond's 251 which is useless for me to get to/from work.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: V89MOA on September 29, 2017, 09:35:44 PM
Doesn't that happen anyway though? Birmingham is an absolute nightmare towards Christmas!

Yes i know, but as NX now seem to want to split all major routes in the area (74, 87, 126), then why not do it to actually help customers.

The old 289/90 service, Stourbridge - Wollaston Farm - High Park - Norton - Stourbridge would be better than the X96 and 276. There are plenty of connections at Stourbridge to Merry Hill & Dudley and changing bus might actually save people time.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 29, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
Yes i know, but as NX now seem to want to split all major routes in the area (74, 87, 126), then why not do it to actually help customers.

The old 289/90 service, Stourbridge - Wollaston Farm - High Park - Norton - Stourbridge would be better than the X96 and 276. There are plenty of connections at Stourbridge to Merry Hill & Dudley and changing bus might actually save people time.

Something like the old MRW 234 could also be a contender. Brierley Hill - Wordsley - Wollaston - Norton - Stourbridge. Turn the service so it runs up to Brierley Hill via Brockmoor and Bank Street and out via Moor Street, Fenton Street and Brockmoor. Plenty of Merry Hill - Brierley Hill services (especially if NXWM did a similar system to London and offered a Hopper fare.)

I would also run a Ashwood Park - Dudley via Merry Hill and Holly Hall, acting as a stopper to the X96 limited stop service, with the X96 operating a route via either Peartree Lane or Holly Hall Church (X96 non stop Pedmore Road - Top Church)

BK63 YWP

In regards to the 205, I am all in favour for the X10 extension to Kingswinford, it's great after work to get the X10 to pensnett trading estate. Often usually the only passenger that gets off there but it saves me getting stuck in the brierley hill, Dell stadium and Bromley  (especially during school time) traffic. The only traffic I would have to put up with is the Dudley road traffic which looks bad but shifts nicely. The idea for the Bromley connections to Dudley I would be in favour for a wolverhampton to Dudley 254 which would give connections for wall heath and womborne to Russell's hall hospital
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk