News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Edgbaston (Westside) extension

Started by Stu, September 02, 2017, 10:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 26, 2020, 11:48:23 AM
Articles such as the one quoted for elected politicians are normally drafted by "spin-doctors" . They are constructed to make the politician  involved to be seen in the most positive light. The press release as thus spun. Lynda Carter has to spin round to turn into Wonder Woman conversely Andy Street needs spin to be The Wonder Mayor of The West Midlands Combined Authority just a play on words. In my long career I have yet to ever see a politician pass a mirror without looking in it!
Didn't know that. Politicians are probably the most self-centred people on the planet.

Stevo

I walked the Edgbaston line today. Most of the track is down from Library to the underpass. See my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009314859343

Ginger66

Hope the line opens fully by easter 2021.

karl724223

Five ways underpass looks to be nearly finished with concrete blocks separating the flow of traffic put in just morrisons to the interchange section to finish off

Ginger66

cannot wait till it gets to Morrisons be easier to get to work as the terminus is around the corner from work.

Celestial Toymaker

in the end i think buses will be pushed out of the city, to give trams priority, in my opinion the tram is a waste of time and money close Broad St to let the tram have exclusive access, put it under five ways then rejoin road traffic to Morrisons (what a joke) Hagley Rd cant cope now during peak periods, with a tram in the middle it will be a nightmare, talk about extending the tram via Hagley Rd is an even bigger joke, i have never been a fan of the tram, and even less so now, to the point ive only ridden in 3 times, and NOT since the extensions, i know it wont make any difference losing one fare, but its my protest, Electric / Hybrid / Hydrogen Buses im fully in favour of, but the tram ? are we not in danger of going backwards to the 50's ?
3000 F300 XOF

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 17, 2021, 02:33:07 PM
in the end i think buses will be pushed out of the city, to give trams priority, in my opinion the tram is a   waste of time and money close Broad St to let the tram have exclusive access
The buses will be returning to Broad Street sooner or later. There is a bus interchange with bus stops at Centenary Square outside the Library. The bus stops have been in place for about 2 years now. So they will be operating alongside the tram.

Wander if AG 1 will be extended to run up to Centenary Square as well like it used to, when it reopens.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on February 17, 2021, 04:03:17 PM
Wander if AG 1 will be extended to run up to Centenary Square as well like it used to, when it reopens.

If anything perhaps a short extension to loop round to the other side of Morissons to connect with the tram, but really doubt it'd extend back into the city centre proper
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on February 17, 2021, 07:45:48 PM
If anything perhaps a short extension to loop round to the other side of Morissons to connect with the tram, but really doubt it'd extend back into the city centre proper
Sounds like a good idea, to provide a link with the tram at Five Ways if it doesn't go back to Centenary Square.

Could even serve that bit of the Hagley Road and and then go up to Ladywood, Monument Road and turn round there. Then it could connect with the Tram/Buses into Town on the Hagley Road and X20/X21/X22 to the QE/Uni at Edgbaston Old Church etc and would give that road a far more frequent service than the 25.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stevo

These recent posts are in the wrong place as the Eastside extension is the one to Curzpn Street and Digbeth.

Stu

Quote from: Stevo on February 18, 2021, 09:23:48 AM
These recent posts are in the wrong place as the Eastside extension is the one to Curzpn Street and Digbeth.

Yes, I noticed too, posts split off and merged with this one.

Can I please remind all members about keeping threads on topic?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/final-weld-completed-on-westside-metro-extension/
Final weld put into the extension. Well on track to opening this year. Will be interesting to see how the tram and traffic will be at the underpass

uniquicity

https://twitter.com/WMmetro/status/1387449601582587905

Will end up as tram 38 I suspect, note the fleetname in a different position

Gareth

How many new trams are expected? And also what is the capacity of the wednesbury dept?

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on April 28, 2021, 06:50:20 PM
https://twitter.com/WMmetro/status/1387449601582587905

Will end up as tram 38 I suspect, note the fleetname in a different position

This one is thought to be  39

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk