News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham BusBash - Sunday 10th September 2017.

Started by 2206, August 26, 2017, 10:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Jack on September 10, 2017, 03:28:06 PM
I was on 4527. But it was stuck on the 58.
Got aload of photos of 1415 displaying the 33. Very nostalgic. Played with 6832 and managed to get the 52 on it. Good day apart from the brats who were constantly beeping the horn on 5514.
Weirdly got told off for going on 4282 even though there wasn't any 'no entry' signs.

I wanted to get onto the MMCs and display X2 on the Platinum and X12 on the Crimson. Then I seen the no entry sign lol

When was you on 4527?

Jack

Quote from: MW on September 10, 2017, 03:33:06 PM
I wanted to get onto the MMCs and display X2 on the Platinum and X12 on the Crimson. Then I seen the no entry sign lol

When was you on 4527?
I was on 4527 most of the time. I left at 14:02.
When I was leaving they were putting no entry signs on the E400's. The wayfarers were constantly breaking. I thank that one brat who gave me a headache for beeping 2201 and 5514 to death.
I wanted to go on 6020 but it was a no entry. 2201s Hanover was in a weird place.

MW

Quote from: Jack on September 10, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
I was on 4527 most of the time. I left at 14:02.
When I was leaving they were putting no entry signs on the E400's. The wayfarers were constantly breaking. I thank that one brat who gave me a headache for beeping 2201 and 5514 to death.

Ah must have missed you. I was there between 1400 & 1500.

Jack

Quote from: MW on September 10, 2017, 03:39:32 PM
Ah must have missed you. I was there between 1400 & 1500.
I never saw you then. I was too shy to talk to anyone lol
I went onto 1750 to display some Walsall routes up for a disabled person who wanted photos of them and couldn't put them up. I noticed people hogging around the back of the vehicles.

P419 EJW

Quote from: MW on September 10, 2017, 03:21:59 PM
Managed to pop down for an hour or so. I was hovering around 4527. Got the electrics on and was dabbling with the destination, Outer Circle and JLR displays I put on. Also put V Festival on the Streetdeck.

I'm sure I saw you on 4527 this afternoon! Your face was familiar and I couldn't figure out where I saw you before. Until I read your post, I remembered it was when you were driving an E200MMC on the 37.

Westy

I did from the around 11am departure from Brum till around 1230, then had a mooch towards the Mac, getting a Bear code, then went to the Cricket Club, to get that Bear then caught a Pershore back into town, for a mooch round there.

John

I think I saw you @MW as I walked past one time. I took most of the ticket machines out of the buses to stop people constantly printing test tickets, and put them on the cab floor. Also saves ticket rolls been nicked

Really enjoyed been a part of it rather than just going to look around too

GeminiFan1991

I was there from 11 and the turnout was good. The lineup was impressive and somewhat cleverly thought out, with types of buses grouped together. It was good seeing an Omnilink and Omnicity next to each other although imagine seeing a B7RLE Mk1 & a Gemini together or a B7RLE Mk2 & a B5 together ! The paint job on the training vehicle was immaculate. Many adults were seemingly reminiscing seeing the older vehicles there. The oldest bus I remember being in service was a Metrobus on the PB28 !

Kudos for NX for allowing their vehicles to attend. I look forward to the next event.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Other Walsall Tony

Yes a good line up, but for an old codger like me I was a little disapointd that there were no vehicles in the former municipal liveries, apart from the BCT vehicles, of course, and Walsall 116. Also nothing to represent Midland Red...
Tony

karl724223

Seems like the same bunch of idiots turned up that turned up at pensnett open day playing on the horns and printing test tickets 

j789

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on September 10, 2017, 05:42:12 PM
Yes a good line up, but for an old codger like me I was a little disapointd that there were no vehicles in the former municipal liveries, apart from the BCT vehicles, of course, and Walsall 116. Also nothing to represent Midland Red...

There are quite a few drivers who are enthusiasts at Worcester garage so I am sure if this happens again, First would send a bus (probably the Midland Red liveried Trident) to represent that area.

D10

Quote from: j789 on September 10, 2017, 06:33:51 PM
There are quite a few drivers who are enthusiasts at Worcester garage so I am sure if this happens again, First would send a bus (probably the Midland Red liveried Trident) to represent that area.

First Worcester were at the Bewdley rally today. Streetdeck 35158 was in attendence. Perhaps they couldn't make 2 different events on the same day

Westy

Would have been nice to see ex Walsall 56 again.

Sandy Lane

Thanks to everyone for making the Bash a good 'un.
Has anyone guessed at how many people were there?

Kevin

Quote from: karl724223 on September 10, 2017, 06:15:29 PM
Seems like the same bunch of idiots turned up that turned up at pensnett open day playing on the horns and printing test tickets

They probably came later then, I left about half 12 and hadn't heard any horns really up to that point
The only noise I heard was the NX driver trying to start the Arriva bus and instead finding the alarm
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk