News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Quote from: SO6597 on July 23, 2018, 09:16:28 AM
If I recall correctly, the same thing happened with the X62 initially - the Orthopaedic Hospital stop was reinstated within a couple of months.

I like your name, 6597 - 99 were my faves at SO :)
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Trident 4194

What a surprise the harborne corridor of 23 and 24 are pretty wrecked, in harborne and not a 23 due for 20 mins.

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 02:37:00 PM
What a surprise the harborne corridor of 23 and 24 are pretty wrecked, in harborne and not a 23 due for 20 mins.

If things are like that during the school summer holidays and it's outbound it's normally due to an incident or the debacle that is Smallbrook Queensway. If only they followed the old route out of town via Colmore Row and Great Charles Street, that corridor would be far more reliable than it is these days.

MasterPlan

I thought it was just the express routes that had their displays changed but I've seen a few up Cotteridge today. The 18 for example, Yardley Wood, Via King's Heath. What good is that? I'm all for the bigger last destinations but the scrolling underneath is much better than showing just one via point. Especially with all of the changes...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on July 23, 2018, 10:55:30 AM
Interesting, that's changed from the original route already

Anyway, another note, yesterday saw 4As going to Robin Hood Island, quick check on the timetable shows that evening on Sundays that stretch gets a better service than the rest of the week, is it just so that buses aren't laying over somewhere they can be targeted?
The 31E use to on Sundays and Evenings use to extend to Robin Hood Island too.

Sh4318

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 09:17:07 AM
Yes and look how the X64 coped with singles at peaks. That and they are just plain vile buses anyway, hardly fitting of a service aligned with Platinum routes. I'm also sure Tony said they would be moving onto other BC routes after yesterday?

What exactly is wrong with the B7RLEs?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bus1237

I noticed yesterday that the number 4 did a short journey from Solihull to Acocks Green but rather than saying 4E it just said short journey underneath? Wouldn't it just be clearer to say E?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Bus1237 on July 23, 2018, 05:13:17 PM
I noticed yesterday that the number 4 did a short journey from Solihull to Acocks Green but rather than saying 4E it just said short journey underneath? Wouldn't it just be clearer to say E?

Hilarious. More "simplfying" no doubt.

MW

All of the AG/BC/YW destinations seem to have been changed. Same style as the Diamond Redditch/Lidderminster Hanovers it seems. Big final destination and small via points. Much better in my opinion.

Sh4318

Quote from: MW on July 23, 2018, 06:05:47 PM
All of the AG/BC/YW destinations seem to have been changed. Same style as the Diamond Redditch/Lidderminster Hanovers it seems. Big final destination and small via points. Much better in my opinion.

Very picky, but I'm not very keen on the fonts used for the number, too narrow for my liking. Suits the Gemini's though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

I agree that it looks good but I still think a scrolling display for the via points underneath is better.

MW

The 1A for example has the same style of lettering as the 'X' on the Platinum routes. I wonder what the 'E' looks like on shorter workings.

monkeyjoe

People Moaning on midlands today still get west mids news down in London

V89MOA

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 23, 2018, 04:00:01 PM
What exactly is wrong with the B7RLEs?
Nasty, shoddy, unreliable, jerky, uncomfortable, cramped, boring heaps. Completely unsuitable to a busy route like the X21 imo, they've been bad enough on the X64 for all these years. Finally got a chance for a decent upgrade (tridents would've done!) and overlooked.

I agree, the new font's are much better and clearer to read! Although I am a bit confused as to why most are static? Wouldn't it make more sense, especially on the 45/47 to have them alternating? 45 Longbridge via Pershore Road vs 47 Longbridge via Pershore Road isn't really explaining much?

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 23, 2018, 06:43:33 PM
People Moaning on midlands today still get west mids news down in London

People are always going to moan.
Read some complaints from Rednal people about the X20 not stopping at the hospital, yet strangely the Rednal people were complaining back when the 98 was introduced that they didn't want to go via the hospital....
And complaints from Edgewood Road residents about double deckers going down their road and in the same sentence saying mentioning the parking issues on Leach Green Lane....

You couldn't make this stuff up sometimes, bet these people don't even catch the bus anyway
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk