News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

School Buses

Started by Ginger66, February 12, 2019, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Can school buses be used by general public.  Where i work in edgbaston the 822 stops at evey bus stop and one of these stops outside my place of work.

I tried to catch this bus the other week and the driver said it is a school bus and i was not allowed to catch it.

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 12, 2019, 07:55:36 AM
Can school buses be used by general public.  Where i work in edgbaston the 822 stops at evey bus stop and one of these stops outside my place of work.

I tried to catch this bus the other week and the driver said it is a school bus and i was not allowed to catch it.
The driver was wrong.
You can catch it if you want to - i've used the 70/782/11E school buses a few times, plus i've often saw members of the public use the 885 school bus (which is now the 1A).
The displays clearly show on all NX school services available to the general public, as they are registered.

As you will see on the 822's page on the NX website: "School service available to the general public."
https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B822/?timetable[day]=&tab=

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

l.murphy123

One of my local schools which I used to work at have two NX busses (they always send Platinum buses):

868 Bloxwich to Cheslyn Hay
854 Featherstone to Cheslyn Hay

Both say open to public
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 12, 2019, 07:55:36 AM

I would not want to catch a school bus as it will be full of school kids, it is bad enough when there are school kids on normal services.

Westy

There was one for the Mossley kids to get to the old TP Riley Annexe in Field Road Bloxwich years ago.

Think all the kids caught the 331 as it was then, as it stopped at the Pinfold, instead.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Ian Hardy on February 23, 2019, 09:58:41 PM
I would not want to catch a school bus as it will be full of school kids, it is bad enough when there are school kids on normal services.

Yes agreed. I did used to catch the now discontinued Stafford - Great Wyrley 837 (Arriva) from work but there was never anybody on it. Driver said most kids and parents used it in Stafford but they kept the rest of the route as it was funded and on the way back to the depot anyway.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

DJ

Are school services usually displayed on timetables, as I don't think I've ever seen one on there, except I noticed the 731 was now on the timetable at the stop just outside Jubilee Park shop on the WA11 route. I don't recall seeing it on there before?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 25, 2019, 05:17:20 PM
Are school services usually displayed on timetables, as I don't think I've ever seen one on there, except I noticed the 731 was now on the timetable at the stop just outside Jubilee Park shop on the WA11 route. I don't recall seeing it on there before?
Not normally. Though Claribels 94A school service is shown on the timetables and flag.
NX ones - 70, 876/877, etc aren't.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Think the same service was on the Wednesbury Parkway stop towards Dudley, last time I was over that way.

Steveminor

Quote from: 2206 on February 25, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Not normally. Though Claribels 94A school service is shown on the timetables and flag.
NX ones - 70, 876/877, etc aren't.
Claribels 94A is not a school service though as it runs through the year even when schools are off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk